How Waggy Is Your Dog ?

mrs tornsocks

Our gorgeous 18 month old happy boy Archie wags at anything and everything, it is non-stop !

If he's lying down, I can whisper pretty much anything from 'good boy' to 'I'm gonna make the dinner now' and thump thump thump !

In fact, we are a bit mean and try and say or do all kinds of things to get him to wag. It makes us feel so good - and presumably he's feeling good too !

Do some dogs just not wag that much ?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's a lab thing, IMO. My pup wags her tail a bit, but compared to Paddy, the guide dog puppy at work who is the same age, she hardly wags it at all. He will stand there, looking at you, with his tail going THUMP, THUMP, THUMP on the desk, and he doesn't seem to care.

My gosh my girl (tailed aussie shepherd) can wag.

She wags if you accidentally make eye contact with her. She wags if our other dog accidentally makes eye contact with her. She wags if you say her name. She wags if you say the other dog's name. She wags if she sees a bird. She wags if she sees a toy. She wags in her sleep. She wags if you walk past her. Sometimes she wags for no reason at all.

Edited by wuffles

Bakari is a wagger too. And being a short coated breed and having timber floors it's a really loud whacking sound. If I even look at him he wags... when he sees me at the front door he wags so hard he has to move his back legs to keep up with how much his bum moves :cry:

Meish only wags if I say her name, get her lead or ask are you hungry.... :eek:

I have to be careful as their tails knock stuff off tables - a full glass of cordial was the victim yesterday!

She wags if you accidentally make eye contact with her. She wags if our other dog accidentally makes eye contact with her. She wags if you say her name. She wags if you say the other dog's name. She wags if she sees a bird. She wags if she sees a toy. She wags in her sleep. She wags if you walk past her. Sometimes she wags for no reason at all.

:cry: She's found what she's good at and she's sticking to it to make you proud of her practicing for you! :eek: That's so cute.

Big waggers here too and if you take note you will find they wag it in different ways for different reasons. Like the 'i didn't do it mum' wag where they keep the tail low and wag just the tip or the Im really really pleased to see you round in circles wag.

And yes Labs lead filled tails are deadly for coffee tables.

What a wag!

Big waggers here too and if you take note you will find they wag it in different ways for different reasons. Like the 'i didn't do it mum' wag where they keep the tail low and wag just the tip or the Im really really pleased to see you round in circles wag.

Yes ! We call it the tail of destruction and have lost quite a few coffee dregs to the cause.

I have never noticed the different reason wag, although we get propeller tail if it's extra fast.

I always love when he meets new dogs and crouches down and tail goes mad.

Yep Lilly the greyhound is a constant wagger - as soon as you talk to her her tail goes - lying down, walking, sleeping - doesn't matter :eek:

Oscar is a wriggler (or wriggle bum as I call him). He doesn't wag all the time, but when he does, his whole butt joins in :cry:

My boy Riddick doesn't just wag the tail, he does a full on wiggle bum body wag. Its very cute!

Just ask Terranik :cry::eek:

Riddick says " I swear I didn't do it! That glass broke all by itself"

My current Dobe is the first i've owned with a tail and it is always going. It's so long and thick and is also very good at knocking things off tables. It's too big to wag really fast but can deliver a hard whack when it's really moving. It took a while to get used to seeing it but I must admit it is a very expressive part of his body.

My current Dobe is the first i've owned with a tail and it is always going. It's so long and thick and is also very good at knocking things off tables. It's too big to wag really fast but can deliver a hard whack when it's really moving. It took a while to get used to seeing it but I must admit it is a very expressive part of his body.

And this is what I love so much. That a funny long hairy thing can hold so much expression !! Humans should have them and then we could pick the happy people before we even meet them.

Edited by mrs tornsocks