When Are You Classified A Crazy Dog Owner....

Beaglelover:)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forgot to mention... you are definitely a crazy dog person if you are reading and posting on DOL before 7am on a Sunday morning... lol!

T.

or after midnight!

I sold my beloved convertible to buy an SUV as it was more practical for dogs to travel in. Then we sold our house in town and bought a property out of town because we wanted to give the dogs a better lifestyle. Now they have their very own "off leash park" down the back of our block.........a fully fenced and gated 1000 sq metre block which is perfect for doggy games, frisbee chasing and training. And it's all ours.

Same, I sold my Rav when I started collecting dogs, it was just too small to fit them all in the back :laugh: Your place sounds awesome!

You know you are a crazy dog lady when

everthing you do in every day life revolves around your dogs!

People come to you for dog advice.

You enjoy shopping in a pet store for doggie stuff rather than your own stuff.

You clothes are ratty and the dogs have a wardrobe full of beautiful jackets, leads collars etc :laugh:

You have photos of the dogs around the house instead of family members!

The dogs training schedules are more important than social outings!

You go out for the evening and have to be home at a reasonable hour for the dogs. :laugh:

The heater stays on in winter while Im at work and the fans in summer, cant have them being cold or over heating. :D

You pay more for dog food and treats than your own food!

Ah there are so many more I coudl go on all day. I love my dogs, self confessed crazy dog lady here!

Y

You know you are a crazy dog person when you fall asleep on the couch with the four dogs because OH complains they take up too much room on the bed, and you prefer to sleep with the dogs instead of the OH... After all the dogs don't complain about how much room he takes up on the bed..

You have a wagon so you can take the dogs in the car, even though OH would loved a SS sedan..

You have 1000's of photos of the dogs on your computer, not so many of the skin kids..

You are looking at buying them a large ottoman because they really don't laying on their beds that are on the floor, they prefer to be off the floor... Mind you they do also have the couch..

I sold my beloved convertible to buy an SUV as it was more practical for dogs to travel in. Then we sold our house in town and bought a property out of town because we wanted to give the dogs a better lifestyle. Now they have their very own "off leash park" down the back of our block.........a fully fenced and gated 1000 sq metre block which is perfect for doggy games, frisbee chasing and training. And it's all ours.

Still got the convertible, but bought a station wagon to accommodate the dogs! When Mr.Poodlemum gets around to the fencing we will have a beautiful "off-lead" play area, as well :confused:

You know you are a crazy dog lady

When your only kid is a fur kid (though women with skin kids are not excluded from the club)

you walk past the homeless man in the shop doorway - trying to sell the big issue - give him nothing, and you're wearing an AWL re-union tshirt from today's meetup and you gave them $60.

you cook fresh liver because your dog likes it. You cook for your dog more often than your friends or yourself.

some weird kid (who is playing "meerkat" on the local BMX track next to the dog park) calls you a weirdo but addresses his comment to the three-dog crazy lady standing next to you. And you think it's a big laugh.

You become active in local council matters to get the local dog park back from the greedy sports club.

There is dog fur in the fridge and you don't freak out.

You do any more training with your dog than is necessary to get the discount on your council rego.

The most crazy thing I do is ignore the dog who is trying to get my attention, so I can post here. Sometimes it takes paws on shoulders and a bark in the ear before I acknowlegde that maybe I should open the back door for her. At least she doesn't dump in the house.

You get up at 5am both days of the weekend in for some sort of doggy activity. ETA: Most/every weekend.

The dog sleeps IN the bed with it's head on the pillow.

You spend more money on vet visits and health testing than you do on your own health.

Your dog has more brushes (and they are more expensive) than you do.

Your car is bought for its suitability for transporting the dogs over anything else.

ETA: You travel over an hour to see a certain vet because he/she is better than your local.

Edited by Lyndsay

What if your dogs have their own fridge, freezer and food cupboard and thats what your check 1st before you go out to see if anything is needed.

+1

You only go food shopping when the dogs have run out

You buy an expensive new storage cupboard for all your dog stuff but buy a second hand chipboard one off ebay for the people stuff

You spend more on underwear for your incontinent old dog than you have ever spent on yourself

Your dogs own more (soft) blankets and towels than you do

Your dogs paperwork is more organised than your own

You get up at 5am both days of the weekend in for some sort of doggy activity. ETA: Most/every weekend.

You spend more money on vet visits and health testing than you do on your own health.

Your car is bought for its suitability for transporting the dogs over anything else.

ETA: You travel over an hour to see a certain vet because he/she is better than your local.

Yes, we have two cars one for human outings (nice and pretty with no dog hair) and one wagon for dog outings. Is it saying something that we use the dog wagon more then the human car! :rofl:

What if your dogs have their own fridge, freezer and food cupboard and thats what your check 1st before you go out to see if anything is needed.

+1

You only go food shopping when the dogs have run out

Second that. I can't even manage to keep milk and bread on hand for us (have to make a special trip if we are expecting visitors) yet I always have fresh meat, raw extras, kibble and treats for the doglet. :)

Can definitely relate to this - when I lived in Melbourne I lived in Menzies Creek, but continued going to my old Vet in Diamond Creek - A 3+ hour round trip. :eek:

You know you are a crazy dog lady when you are following one of your dogs down the street with a saucepan in hand trying to get a urine sample..... :rofl:

:laugh: :p :clap:

I have some to add...

You know you're a crazy dog lady when you take sick leave if one of your dogs is sick

or when you are told to take "compassionate leave" for 4 days when one dies.... because you are a blubbering mess and can not get anything done!

Edited by Miss BeRidgierent

You know you are a crazy dog lady when you are following one of your dogs down the street with a saucepan in hand trying to get a urine sample..... :rofl:

:laugh: :p :clap:

I have some to add...

You know you're a crazy dog lady when you take sick leave if one of your dogs is sick

or when you are told to take "compassionate leave" for 4 days when one dies.... because you are a blubbering mess and can not get anything done!

Ummm... been there... on both counts...

T.