What Do You Feed Your Dogs?

whitka

Just curious as to what others feed there dogs :)

Toby gets for brekfast and dinner half cup of dry food ( Super Coat Lite and Mature ) as well as some kangaroo mince and grated carrot. 2 nights a week instead of dry and mince he will get a kangaroo tail and a lamb rib rack.

Edited by whitka

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deakin is currently getting a around 2 cups of kibble (advanced large breed dental) at dinner and for breakfast, though now and then one of those cups will be substituted for a chicken frame or a bone.

Watson is getting a bit under 1/2 a cupof kibble (puppy rehydratable) for breakfast, lunch and dinner. He also sometimes gets a bit of food held back and gets given a bone instead.

Raw most nights, chicken or lamb or beef or turkey necks etc.

I have artemis maximal for mornings mixed with some yoghurt or eggs or veg/rice.

I'm not happy with it atm though and I'm changing it around a bit to see what works.

good topic! I've often wondered what others feed their dogs.

My girl Babe had chicken necks or chicken mince morning & night, with cooked veges and/or fruit. Veges include mashed pumpkin, beetroot (fresh not tinned), brussel sprouts, avocado, spinach, or bok choy, and fruit is either apples or melon. Whatever is in season she gets so it varies from time to time.

A couple of times a week she also gets a soft cooked egg and once a month she has a liver or a heart.

Every night she has two crushed brazil nuts and 3 ml of Omega 3,6 & 9 oil on her food along with her vit C, chelated zinc and another vitamin powder (she gets these last three in the morning too).

I'm looking forward to seeing others menus.

Cheers!

Lis :p

royal canin every morning, and a little at night to tide then over.

Usually butcher scraps and bones a few times a week, if we go out fishing or ferreting then whatever we catch.

If I run out of money then they get rice and veges cooked in meat stock with some lard melted in and livamol. If budget stretches then I add minced chicken frames too.

I tried raw, I ended up feeding 1kg + each a day to keep condition on. Not worth it really between my 3

My lot get Eagle Pack holistic for dinner and RMB about 3 -4 times a week.

Occasionally they will have something mixed with thier dry just for something different, fish, egg etc

Soon to change to Nutro due to the unavaliability of Eagle pack where we live.

3/4 cup Nutro for breakfast, with sardines, cottage cheese and egg added a few times a week. Omega 3 tablets daily. Some form of bone for dinner - normally either a lamb shank, soup bones, chicken frames or lamb off-cuts.

A raw chicken drumstick in the morning, Black Hawk Holistic lamb and rice kibble in the evening, sometimes with sardines or table scraps.

The Black Hawk is a new development in their diet, prior to that they were getting Supercoat, Coprice or Uncle Albers kibble. I used to feed all raw but Dusty developed a sensitivity to it and would vomit it back up after every meal, so the hunt has been on to find a kibble she likes and that I can afford to feed 3 dogs on. We have found it.

good topic! I've often wondered what others feed their dogs.

My girl Babe had chicken necks or chicken mince morning & night, with cooked veges and/or fruit. Veges include mashed pumpkin, beetroot (fresh not tinned), brussel sprouts, avocado, spinach, or bok choy, and fruit is either apples or melon. Whatever is in season she gets so it varies from time to time.

A couple of times a week she also gets a soft cooked egg and once a month she has a liver or a heart.

Every night she has two crushed brazil nuts and 3 ml of Omega 3,6 & 9 oil on her food along with her vit C, chelated zinc and another vitamin powder (she gets these last three in the morning too).

I'm looking forward to seeing others menus.

Cheers!

Lis :laugh:

Just be aware that Avocado's are not good for dogs and it is not recommended that they eat it.

Mine get something in the morning, either a bone, large crunchy dog treat, dried roo flap, tendon etc.

Training treats sometime during the day (fourlegs ATM)

Dry foo and either, meat, sardines, yoghurt, cottage cheese, sometimes dog roll etc for tea.

And whatever they manage to counter surf and steal! buggers!

Merlin has a chicken neck in the morning and raw meat with grated vegies each night. He also has kibble Science Diet dry food to nibble on during the day. We also give him lamb or beef bones on the weekends when we can supervise him eating them

All my dogs get fed Pro Plan Performance with nothing added to it. occassionally they might get a chicken wing for their teeth , but that is it.

I have been feeding Super Premium dry foods only since they first came to Australia and my dogs all look great and live to old ages.

Ian

Just curious as to what others feed there dogs :rofl:

Toby gets for brekfast and dinner half cup of dry food ( Super Coat Lite and Mature ) as well as some kangaroo mince and grated carrot. 2 nights a week instead of dry and mince he will get a kangaroo tail and a lamb rib rack.