Black Hawk Holistic

Guest belgian.blue

Dynzney I think you may be on to something.

I believe Black Hawk has dandelion in it.

Dandelion is a diuretic and can increase urine procuction and this in turn will cause an increase in thirst.

All good natural cleansing reactions.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hve just been in contact with Sherel (Black Hawk) & there is NO ADDED Salt in Black Hawk. Also she said to tell anyone that has been trying to contact her for the last week or so, that she has been at the Melbourne Show for the past 10 days & has been without her laptop computer.

How about sodium

There must be some form of salt in pet food

Edited by G.G

Hve just been in contact with Sherel (Black Hawk) & there is NO ADDED Salt in Black Hawk. Also she said to tell anyone that has been trying to contact her for the last week or so, that she has been at the Melbourne Show for the past 10 days & has been without her laptop computer.

How about sodium

Copied & Pasted, excuse the quality

Crude Protein……… 25.00% (min) Crude Fat………… 14.00% (min) Crude Fibre………… 4.50% (max)

Crude Ash ……. 11.0% (max) Phosphorus(P)………… 0.80% (max) Calcium (Ca)……….. 1.45% (min)

Moisture……… 10.00% (max

Ingredients Statement

Lamb Meal, Ground Brown Rice, Ground Oats, Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed Tocopherols

source of Vit E,Citric Acid & Rosemary extract),

Brewers Dried Yeast, Flaxseed meal, Fish Meal. Canola Oil, Emu Oil, Dried Carrots

Dried Kelp, Choline Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Chicory, Yucca Shidgera Extract, Glucosamine

Chondroitin Sulphate

Dried Blueberries, Dandelion, Peppermint, Rosemary, Tomato Meal,Zinc Oxide, Zinc Amino Acid Chelated, Iron Sulphate,

Vitamin A-Acetate, Vitamin D3 Supplement. Manganous Oxide, Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement

Copper Sulphate, Manganese Amino Acid Chelate, Copper Amino Acid Chelate, Riboflavin, Niacin,

Calcium Pantothenate,

Folic acid, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, D-Biotin, Calcium Iodate

Sodium Selenite, Cobalt Carboinate.

How about sodium

Crude Protein……… 25.00% (min) Crude Fat………… 14.00% (min) Crude Fibre………… 4.50% (max)

Crude Ash ……. 11.0% (max) Phosphorus(P)………… 0.80% (max) Calcium (Ca)……….. 1.45% (min)

Moisture……… 10.00% (max

Ingredients Statement

Lamb Meal, Ground Brown Rice, Ground Oats, Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed Tocopherols

Brewers Dried Yeast, Flaxseed meal, Fish Meal. Canola Oil, Emu Oil, Dried Carrots

Dried Kelp, Choline Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Chicory, Yucca Shidgera Extract, Glucosamine

Chondroitin Sulphate

Dried Blueberries, Dandelion, Peppermint, Rosemary, Tomato Meal,Zinc Oxide, Zinc Amino Acid Chelated, Iron Sulphate,

Vitamin A-Acetate, Vitamin D3 Supplement. Manganous Oxide, Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement

Copper Sulphate, Manganese Amino Acid Chelate, Copper Amino Acid Chelate, Riboflavin, Niacin,

Calcium Pantothenate,

Folic acid, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, D-Biotin, Calcium Iodate

Sodium Selenite = salt

Guest Panzer Attack!

Wow, OK, I'd just like to make a couple of things clear in regards to the dogs! :)

Sheena - in my post I said my foster dog did well on the food, but was switched off it due to my parents living in a place where they could not buy the food. They do not use the internet and don't particularly care about the brand they buy, and were more than happy to wean Len onto Nutro (which is the best easily avaiable food in their area). He is perfectly happy and healthy. In his previous home he was fed PAL so needless to say he looks great atm due to being fed a better quality food.

Out of curiousity more than anything else I switched my own dog onto the BH. He is the one I had issues with. He is an 8 month old toy breed, who is VERY active and zippy. He can outrun most of the dogs he meets. He's usually very thin, so I was initially pleased to see him put on weight, but it's gone overboard now! Yes, I do understand that dogs eat too much and put on weight, but his weight gain on the tiny amount of food he's eating is more than I am happy with. I used the kibble and liver as training treats. No one feeds him anything else. He didn't get any extras besides an occasional chicken wing as a substitute meal as I always try to feed foods by themselves at first so I can spot any potential problems as soon as possible.

In regards to the water drinking, that was Scooter moreso than Len, Len was always a big drinker. Yes, he peed more, because he was drinking more. I just asked about the salt content because it was strange that he was drinking more than usual. While on the BH he was desexed and had bloods done, everything came back perfectly normal... and since he started producing very sloppy poos I binned the remaining BH and put him back onto Artemis.

dyzney - the drinking wasn't a worry in regards to bowls for me either, he is a small dog and has three water bowls, one is so big he could lie down in it LOL. My previous dog was sick the entire time I had her and it freaked me out with Poots started drinking so much.

I'm sorry if my post upset you, sheena (it's hard to read tone over the internet obviously, so my apologies if I misread), but I wanted to write about my experience with BH. I was very excited to try it, especially being a fresh Aussie product, but unfortunately it hasn't worked out. Not every food works for every dog (and as someone who has worked in the pet industry for 7 years I know that as much as anyone!!) and this food does not work for mine.

And just because I'm too lazy to go back and find who said it - he has been on premium/super premium since he was on solids. He was weaned onto Advance, and has since eaten Holistic Select (didn't like it), Artemis, Royal Canin (I'm a vego and the smell made me dry retch) and Canidae. None of those foods made him drink the amount he did on the BH and none of them caused negative change in coat or sloppy poo. It DID agree with the foster tho!

E x

I haven't noticed more drinking in my guys if anything there not drinking as much as they did when feed bonnie. But then They do get raw meat as there morning meals then kibble at night. I've actually got Shelley's food amount just right, Working on getting Rascals food amount right for weightloss.

Guest english.ivy

I also haven't noticed any extra drinking in my two dogs. I've watched them after eating since others have noticed more drinking and they both don't drink after eating.

Ivy did drink a lot more after eating Nutro. She also got fat on Nutro but not BH. She's kept great weight on BH.

The fat content isn't being high enough for my Pointer but hopefully next winter he will be over two years of age so will have filled out over summer.

A year since starting them on BH and I'm still very, very happy with the food and the service :)

How about sodium

Moisture……… 10.00% (max

Ingredients Statement

Chondroitin Sulphate

Calcium Pantothenate,

Sodium Selenite = salt

It's not the salt you put on your tomatoes, it's commonly known as selenium and it's a trace mineral found in a lot of foods.

http://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/selenium

How about sodium

Moisture……… 10.00% (max

Ingredients Statement

Chondroitin Sulphate

Calcium Pantothenate,

Sodium Selenite = salt

Thanks for that

Its pretty low in the ingridients list.

If its 1% or more it might be why some dogs are drinking more

Can anyone advise where in Canberra I might be able to get Black Hawk? Is there a distributor/supplier for this area at all?

I have emailed the BHH website direct but so far no answer.

Cheers

Staffordgal :)

Sherel is at the Melbourne show at present & hasn't got her lap top with her....at least that was the message from a few days ago, but yes, as Oso Swift says, there is one in Canberra.

I'v had diesel on black hawk for a few months now and finding fantastic for him, due to his allergies its hard to find a dry food that he can eat.

I'v not had any problem's with excess drinking either but i always soak kibble no matter what brand it is.

I finally received a sample of BH yesterday thanks to Ososwift :thanks:

Gave some to the dogs, & they all went crazy for it, haven't seen them so enthusiastic for dry food, especially my young bitch who is usually very fussy with dry food.

so looks like I will be joining the BH family too. :D

Now I'll just have to figure out away to get hold of a 20kg bag, will have to contact my nearest distributors, to organise buying a bag of it.

Gave some to the dogs, & they all went crazy for it, haven't seen them so enthusiastic for dry food, especially my young bitch who is usually very fussy with dry food.

Now I'll just have to figure out away to get hold of a 20kg bag, will have to contact my nearest distributors, to organise buying a bag of it.

Thank goodness, they did take their time getting it to you!!!

Glad they like it :)

Hi Baileys Mum

We resent your sample what was the return address ?? on the sample you recieved ?

There is a list of retail & suppliers on our new website, hopefully that will help you

the new website is www.blackhawkpetcare.com its still being worked on but lots of info there along with our new natural shampoo's treatments and accesories

Regards

Sherel

Edited by collies02