Black Hawk Holistic

Guest belgian.blue

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mine have much firmer stools with BH than the previous food I fed them, which is an absolute blessing when doing poop patrol. :thumbsup: I do watch my eldest boy after being given bones as due to his age he can have a problem with constipation and now for the evening meal where he has had a bone during the day, I add just the tiniest amount of oil and no problems the next day.

And while this is slightly OT, in addition to firmer/better stools, the condition of all of them has improved and again my eldest is thoroughly benefiting the most from the no wheat in the biscuit and I been able to cut his "vet" arthritis medicine back while still supporting him with homeopathic and herbal meds.

Has anyone here.feeding BH got a puppy on it? Could a pup go onto adult or should they have the puppy variety first? If no one here is sure i will shoot an email off to Sherel. A friend is getting a puppy in January and she asked me the other day what i thought and i really didnt know. She already has her two other dogs on adult light variety.

Guest donatella

Got my delivery today (puppy formula) and she went straight for it. Great size for training treats too, I think we might be onto a winner, thanks for your help in this thread folks :thumbsup:

I've got my pup on the puppy variety, he's 5 months now, but I think I'll be switching him over to the adult once we get through this latest delivery. He was tricky to get condition onto to start with and I think needed the extra calories, but he's looking pretty good now, so I think I'll be safe to switch him over and maybe just increase the amount for a little while.

I was just wondering if black hawk is good for golden retrievers in terms of their hips etc as they are known to have issues later on down the track.

I had a look at the local listed supplier and its $89.99 for 20kb Puppy formula, is that around the average price?

I'd be interested to hear the answer too, James - as I have a Great Dane on it and want to ensure that joints are well catered for.

Lucy is maintaining weight beautifully on the Black Hawk (which was my main reason for putting her on it) but I must admit the condition of her coat has deteriorated :(. No idea why as Uncle Albers which she was on previously is hardly a premium diet....

Edit for Spelling & Grammar

Edited by Pheebs

I'd be interested to hear the answer too, James - as I have a Great Dane on it and want to ensure that joints are well catered for.

Lucy is maintaining weight beautifully on the Black Hawk (which was my main reason for putting her on it) but I must admit the condition of her coat has deteriorated :(. No idea why as Uncle Albers which she was on previously is hardly a premium diet....

Rosey had her booster shot and check up last week and the Vet was trying to push Hills Science diet on us saying "they have done the research regarding hip displacement" which Golden Retrievers do suffer. I don't really want to go back to Hills as Rosey turned her nose up at it

Guest english.ivy

In what way?

Just really dull, totally lacking in sheen and she's more dandruffy than usual. As much as I was unsure about the Albers her coat was looking really nice on it. I'd be quite happy to continue feeding the Black Hawk as she's obviously maintaining weight which is great - anything I can add to her diet to bring the gloss back? (She gets sardines in oil once a week).

Just really dull, totally lacking in sheen and she's more dandruffy than usual. As much as I was unsure about the Albers her coat was looking really nice on it. I'd be quite happy to continue feeding the Black Hawk as she's obviously maintaining weight which is great - anything I can add to her diet to bring the gloss back? (She gets sardines in oil once a week).

Hi Pheebs, can I suggest you email Sherel and ask her for her advice. She is very very helpful and might be able to pinpoint what has caused the change.

Cheers

Hi Jamesn184

i breed and show German Shepherds a breed that can also have hip & elbow problems, the name BlackHawk comes from one of my own show dogs Aust Grand Champ Kylain Black Hawk, The BlackHawk formula was formulated for my own show dogs

There are many factors in regards to hip & elbow dysplasia. Hereditary, enviroment & diet to a lesser degree, BlackHawk does have Glucosamine,in a maintenence amount,BlackHawk also has Emu Oil which has many great properties,

The 20kg puppy formula retails for around the $85 to 90.

Regards

Sherel

I was just wondering if black hawk is good for golden retrievers in terms of their hips etc as they are known to have issues later on down the track.

I had a look at the local listed supplier and its $89.99 for 20kb Puppy formula, is that around the average price?

Hi Pheebs

How old is your Dane puppy ? is she desexed or entire. How long has she been on BlackHawk, ? do you feed anything else including treats ?/

Regards

Sherel