Black Hawk Holistic

Guest belgian.blue

has anybody used the puppy formula? i am ordering the adult food for the older dogs, as they loved the sample, but my sample for the pups has not arrived yet (not black hawk's fault our mail is slooooow and goes missing intermittently) they are currently on puppy pro plan but it is chicken. One is a fussy eater and im concerned about the switch to lamb (although it hasnt worried the grown ups!) how have your puppies gone on it?

Hi Mandimoore, I just put my BC puppy straight onto the Adult formula when I got him on the advice of breeders etc. Not sure if it makes a difference depending on breed of puppy. It was more convenient for me to be able to feed him the Adult one as it meant I only had to store one lot of food & he has grown up well on it. :)

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Pheebs

Is she going into a coat drop for summer ?

Where abouts do you source your BlackHawk from ? as l do the Ballarat area ?

Sherel

Hi Sherel :wave:

I was just popping back into the thread to update that her coat is getting back to it's lovely glossy stage - must have just been a transitional thing! Her ears are much less 'gunky' and she's not running as 'hot' as she had on previous brands. She's still on the lean-side which I suspect will always be the case but she is holding her weight nicely :thumbsup:

I'm also over the moon that we appear to need to feed much less of it than other brands we've tried thus far so that can only be a good thing for the wallet! :o

I'm nearly at the end of the first bag (I purchased the Puppy due to the fat content so will probably look at putting her on the Adult) which we purchased from Sunshine - was hoping that I might be able to source some from you locally if that's at all convenient? :)

Pheebs, Cross roads trading rural supplies store in Ballan has 20kg bags of it for $85.00....might be a little closer for you than getting it from Sunshine. :)

I've just requested a sample on the Black Hawk pet care website.

Im hoping this kibble will help my Amstaff with his itchy dry skin. Im also thinking of switching my ole great dane onto the product too after hearing fantastic reviews. Butttt no one in my area stocks it

We send to the Central Coast for $10 per bag, if this helps...same day delivery :)

Just click on the web page at the bottom of my signature for contact details etc.

Great to know, Thanks. will wait for the sample to try first and go from there :thumbsup:

Guest english.ivy

I've dropped my Pointer down to a cup of BH twice a day, he seems to be keeping really good weight! Out of the many Pointers I've met, he has the nicest coat.

Guest english.ivy

Could the OP please edit the first post to include the correct contact details? The Kylain Kennels link no longer works.

Fixed!

Just a thought....It might be a good idea to allow an extra couple of days for your delivery as the couriers are very, very busy at this time of the year. Maybe best to order your new bag while you still have some left & there is a good chance some of the couriers don't operate during the Christmas/New Year break. I don't think we will be sending out over that period :xmassmile:

Anyone have an idea how long it takes for the sample i requested to arrive??

If you've requested it through Sherel, then give her another buzz, as sometimes her's go astray :)

Yep I agree I would definately be letting Sherel know....It took 3 attempts before I received mine, the first 2 samples she sent me got lost in the mail.

I can't remember if I have asked this already but is anyone feeding their cats BH? My mums kitty is on BH and at the start he loved it, like really loved it and was doing so well on it and couldn't tolerate any type of other wet food especially meat, he can eat fish ok but other stuff seems to effect him, anyhow now he has gone totally off his dry food and mum said he hardly touches it. Is it possible he got sick of it? Are they like us? I feed it to the dogs and they eat it fine every night with the occasional bit of variety but the dry as their main diet. Just wondered if anyone else has found this with their cats?