Guest belgian.blue

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest english.ivy

For any Perth BH feeders .. I just sent Wendy a message to ask what the cut off date is to have BH ordered before Xmas and I'll post the reply when she replies :)

Thanks for clarifying that Sherel :)

And yes the freight is what gets the price up. Mine sells for $100 a bag as it costs me extra freight from Perth to Esperance. But it is still cheaper and better quality that anything else that is available down here, and cheaper and as good if not better quality than many of the premium dry foods on the market.

Another cost to the distributors, maybe not in Victoria, because they have Sherel, is the 100's of kilos of free samples we hand out & donate as prizes to dog clubs & free puppy packs we provide. Everytime we post a sample it cost us at least $7.00 + a 14 klm trip to the post office. Plus we subsidise the delivery costs to try & keep it affordable & accessible for those people who don't have the benefit of living in the main cities. When you add all of the above onto the freight cost from Melbourne to Northern NSW, to still be able to sell a bag for $85, it doesn't leave much for the piggy bank. :) But at least we are getting it out there to people in the country & we havn't had anyone complain about the product or the service yet & their dogs love us for it. ;)

Guest english.ivy

Another cost to the distributors, maybe not in Victoria, because they have Sherel, is the 100's of kilos of free samples we hand out & donate as prizes to dog clubs & free puppy packs we provide. Everytime we post a sample it cost us at least $7.00 + a 14 klm trip to the post office. Plus we subsidise the delivery costs to try & keep it affordable & accessible for those people who don't have the benefit of living in the main cities. When you add all of the above onto the freight cost from Melbourne to Northern NSW, to still be able to sell a bag for $85, it doesn't leave much for the piggy bank. :) But at least we are getting it out there to people in the country & we havn't had anyone complain about the product or the service yet & their dogs love us for it. ;)

This is what I love about BH. They aren't in it for the profit.

I live over an hour from my Perth supplier and I get a 20kg bag delivered within 48 hours for a tiny amount of $6.

Anyone who wants it around Geelong/Bellarine Peninsula Wallingtons WRG in Wallington (Grubb Road) will be getting it in store. Price will be roughly $83 adult, $85 pup.

Hi Sherel (and everyone). Thanks for your speedy response. I had a sneaking suspicion this guy selling the food was just spinning a yarn to earn an extra buck or two. I completely understand that the retailers set their own price. It's just a shame that some see the opportunity to add a bit on in an almost ad hoc fashion. Anyways, I'll email you Sherel.

I make the pricing for stock at my work. There is no way at the price we pay for the product from the distributor the $75 price some sell it at can be replicated.

Edited by Nekhbet

And yes the freight is what gets the price up. Mine sells for $100 a bag as it costs me extra freight from Perth to Esperance. But it is still cheaper and better quality that anything else that is available down here, and cheaper and as good if not better quality than many of the premium dry foods on the market.

Yep I agree, I have handed out quite a lot in samples and sent samples to people who ultimately will end up getting it from someone closer, but I am not in it to make a huge profit, as long as I cover my costs and get to feed my dogs a great quality economical food and have a little in the piggy bank for the next order I am happy.

I am also going to be feeding it in my boarding kennels when they are up and running.

Hi Sheena

maybe you should direct people to the new website for samples as there is a "Request a sample" in the last 3 weeks we have posted out nearly 80 samples Australia wide, we also sponsor shows when we are asked,The general percentage retail stores require is 30%,

Regards

Sherel

Hi Nekhbet

i am not sure who Wallington will be aquiring their BlackHawk from but we definitely have not had an inquiry from them ?

you must be buying from a wholesaler ?

Regards

Sherel

Anyone who wants it around Geelong/Bellarine Peninsula Wallingtons WRG in Wallington (Grubb Road) will be getting it in store. Price will be roughly $83 adult, $85 pup.

Hi Sherel (and everyone). Thanks for your speedy response. I had a sneaking suspicion this guy selling the food was just spinning a yarn to earn an extra buck or two. I completely understand that the retailers set their own price. It's just a shame that some see the opportunity to add a bit on in an almost ad hoc fashion. Anyways, I'll email you Sherel.

I make the pricing for stock at my work. There is no way at the price we pay for the product from the distributor the $75 price some sell it at can be replicated.

TLC which stockist do you use if you don't mind me asking? :)

Of course I don't mind you asking, :) I get mine directly from Sherel herself, she kindly delivers Mine, and two of my friends supply to another friend of mine who lives close by. Awesome service and a great price. I have just had my friend visit (actually she is here with me at the moment) she arrived with 100 kilos of Black Hawk in her boot, :laugh: We were making jokes about if someone ran up the bum of her car the road would be awash with dog food, :rofl: can you just imagine it. :laugh:

no when the line is introduced it will be going through the same wholesaler the rest of our stockfeed comes from. Considering the purchases will be extremely minimal at the start it's probably not worth getting an account started for a couple of bags at a time.

Unless you're willing to ring our wholesaler and make a deal for me ;)

Could someone put up Sherels email for me, just incase she is not back in here for a while. I can't find it anywhere on my computer. :confused:

I have a friend in QLD (near Brisbane) who's dogs have lots of issues, utis, ear infections, allergies, anal gland problems, among other things, she is feeding Science diet, the special one (can't remember what it is called) but it is $65 for 3.85 kilos :eek: I have told her about Black Hawk and she is keen to have a chat to Sherel to get some advice. Who is the stockist on QLD. The link on the first page appears to not work anymore. Thanks

Sherel do you distribute the Grooming products? or are they only available on line?

Hi Tic. We are starting off with a few listed on our website listed here, mainly so people can have the shampoo etc sent at the same time as their bag of food so it wont cost them anything for postage. Maybe some of the others can do the same. I can't wait to try them on my own dogs.They sound good enough to use on my own hair :thumbsup: