Black Hawk Holistic

Guest belgian.blue

The fish meal used in Black Hawk is Australian, as is the other ingredients, so it is not preserved with Ethoxyquin. That is mainly a problem with pet foods imported from America.....but you already knew that :) I think this discussion is long dead.

Why - because you say so? I can ask the same question you have asked in other threads - regarding other dry foods - about this food if it is not stated anywhere that the fishmeal is Ethoxyquin free. You yourself raised the importance of finding this out and I would like to know thanks before trying any dry food. Being Australian does not negate the possibility and the premium dry foods I have used from America state on their website that their food is Ethoxyquin free.

Are you responding on behalf of the company that Ethoxyquin is not used?

icon_beatdeadhorse.gif

:laugh: Love it....is that a new Emoticon ?????

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The fish meal used in Black Hawk is Australian, as is the other ingredients, so it is not preserved with Ethoxyquin. That is mainly a problem with pet foods imported from America.....but you already knew that :) I think this discussion is long dead.

Why - because you say so? I can ask the same question you have asked in other threads - regarding other dry foods - about this food if it is not stated anywhere that the fishmeal is Ethoxyquin free. You yourself raised the importance of finding this out and I would like to know thanks before trying any dry food. Being Australian does not negate the possibility and the premium dry foods I have used from America state on their website that their food is Ethoxyquin free.

icon_beatdeadhorse.gif

Haha no, unfortunatly not! One I keep for exactly these purposes ;)

It was put to Troy as one that should be added, but for some reason he hasn't got around to doing it yet ;)

Hi kayla 1, I contacted Sherel from Black Hawk some time back re the fish meal. Sherel owns Black Hawk & it is manufactured by her, so the answer came from Mrs. Black Hawk herself, not just some sale rep for a foreign food. Her answer was that the fish meal is 100% Australian & is 100% ethoxyquin free. The chicken meal & the fish meal is preserved with natural preservatives. The packaging does say that it is 100 % free of artificial preservatives & colourings etc. Anybody is quite free to contact her themselves, I am sure there is a contact email or phone number on her website & I am sure she is very willing to answer any questions you might have. :)

Hi kayla 1, I contacted Sherel from Black Hawk some time back re the fish meal. Sherel owns Black Hawk & it is manufactured by her, so the answer came from Mrs. Black Hawk herself, not just some sale rep for a foreign food. Her answer was that the fish meal is 100% Australian & is 100% ethoxyquin free. The chicken meal & the fish meal is preserved with natural preservatives. The packaging does say that it is 100 % free of artificial preservatives & colourings etc. Anybody is quite free to contact her themselves, I am sure there is a contact email or phone number on her website & I am sure she is very willing to answer any questions you might have. :)

Thanks for the info. :)

Guest lavendergirl

icon_beatdeadhorse.gif

Haha no, unfortunatly not! One I keep for exactly these purposes ;)

It was put to Troy as one that should be added, but for some reason he hasn't got around to doing it yet ;)

Perhaps the reason is because its tasteless.

I have been using Black Hawk for nearly a year now and for the most part no problems and was happy with it.

But now I notice ALL my dogs coats are not as shiny and glossy as they usually are. :confused: It took a while but I'm not impressed with their coats right now. There could well be other factors involved, but I have to say that diet is one that come to mind immediately as one of the possible causes, as well as seasonal changes perhaps. :(

I'm going to switch back to previously used brands and see what happens.

Has anyone tried their dogs on the chicken and rice yet? I know its early day, just wondering. I will get a bag when my current lot runs out but it won't be for another couple of weeks.

Has anyone tried their dogs on the chicken and rice yet? I know its early day, just wondering. I will get a bag when my current lot runs out but it won't be for another couple of weeks.

Waiting to try it here too, I have the 20 kg in store but want to try my guys on 3 kg bag, also customers are wanting smaller bag to try first too.

Hi everyone, just wanted to let you all know that Hawkesbury Pet Foods has in stock the new Black Hawk Chicken and Rice Holistic dog kibble.

Call Sandra on 4587 7950

or drop into the store at Unit 4 / 7 Wingate Road, Mulgrave /McGraths Hill NSW

Will deliver free of charge to Castle Hill or Erskine Park too.

Stock of all other Black Hawk dog and cat kibble also available.

cheers

sabine

My current bag of Black Hawk has several odd kibble pieces in it... coloured red and green like cheap dog food. Has anyone else experience this? Should I continue to feed this bag or has it been contaminated? My girl has a rather sensitive tummy and I always have to change her over in foods gradually.

Got my bag of chicken and rice today, the puppies were outside being entertained by Mr GG85 so I got a small handful of the new kibble and quietly went outside. Miss Lexi was instantly at my feet after smelling the food...me thinks she approves of the new kibble lol

Got my bag of chicken and rice today, the puppies were outside being entertained by Mr GG85 so I got a small handful of the new kibble and quietly went outside. Miss Lexi was instantly at my feet after smelling the food...me thinks she approves of the new kibble lol

:thumbsup: My lot are nearly finished so Ill try the chicken for them too!

Im absolutely kicking myself today and it's my own stupid fault. I am about to run out of BH maybe got enough for tonight and that's it. So I ring our local supplier and she has no adult food at all. She said she had put this weeks order in but it hadn't turned up. So my only option is to buy Puppy, I'm just going to get a 3 kilo bag and hope the adult comes in soon! Arghhhhh I'm So stupid, I should have thought about it earlier in the week, she said she sold the last bag yesterday, they can't keep up with the demand.

Im absolutely kicking myself today and it's my own stupid fault. I am about to run out of BH maybe got enough for tonight and that's it. So I ring our local supplier and she has no adult food at all. She said she had put this weeks order in but it hadn't turned up. So my only option is to buy Puppy, I'm just going to get a 3 kilo bag and hope the adult comes in soon! Arghhhhh I'm So stupid, I should have thought about it earlier in the week, she said she sold the last bag yesterday, they can't keep up with the demand.

Oh that sounds way too familiar :D

Maybe it is your local stores fault in not getting the order in before deadline of delivery to their area, I order from them every week and they are always punctual, there was only a short period of time (week or two)when the new bags were coming out that there was a slight problem with what was available.

Your probly right, anyway all good now, they got the order in and we picked up a bag of adult. Putting them cold turkey on puppy for two nights was a disaster, not sure if it was coincidence or not but they drank so much water and all 4 went out about 3 times during the night to pee. :laugh:

Its my own fault for letting it go so long and just assuming the shop would have stock, I wont do that again. :laugh: Its been well recieved here in town the shop owner said they can hardley keep up with it! Price has gone to $89 now is that comparable to other prices?