Black Hawk Holistic

Guest belgian.blue

I'm on my second 20kg bag but unfortunately for us it is not working out

My dogs are drinking stupid amounts of water after they eat their meal and it can only be contributed to the change in diet to BH. I really wanted to love the food but for us it is not working out unfortunately :(

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest english.ivy

Haven't noticed extra water drinking in my two. They'll drink after a meal of BH but it's a couple of slurps and they're off playing again.

My Pointer has fattened up after a little help from Canidae, so hopefully now it's not so cold he can go back on 100% BH. The fat content isn't high enough to stop him looking like a pound puppy over winter.

Why not soak their food in water the nite before hand?

I havent notice mine drinking alot of water but the BH isnt their main food in diet

I'm not sure why I would do that? Does it have a benefit?

Personally I think it would be better to switch them to a food that doesn't cause the reaction. My dogue ended up vomiting the other night because of the amount of water he drank after his meal.

I've taken them off the BH as a test and they are back to drinking normally again.

Bummer though as the price point is very good and the service I had was fantastic.

Guest Panzer Attack!

Hi guys, just a quick question, I'm sure this has been asked before but I did a search and couldn't find an answer.

I did a google and saw that a store in Sunshine stocks BH and wanted to give the foster child a go on it, does it come in small bags when sold commercially? He's a Papillon so there is no way I can justify buying a 20kg bag!! Also, what price would I be paying for it (estimate is OK)?

Thanks! :)

Coffs Harbour trial is on 17th & 18th Sept, if anybody wants me to bring in Black Hawk Adult Dog/Puppy/Feline either in 1kg, 2kg, 3kg, 5kg, 10kg or 20kg bags please "message" me. If you want the smaller bags, please give me a few days to bag them down for you. You can find the details on my website. I will have free samples to give out too, so feel free to come & ask for one. The club is also giving away 30 smaller bags as first prizes :thumbsup: & there will be some bags on the raffle table. So good luck & see you on the day ;)

PS. the ADAA Grand Prix is on at the end of this month, & we probably don't have room for any more 20 kilo bags, but could fit in some smaller quantities :)

Hi Sheena,

just want to jump in and say hi, I'm in Coffs and was reading all about BH and wondering how on earth I was going to try it when I ran into either your son or son-in-law (he mentioned his mother bred BC's) at the markets. I bought a small bag but it might be a while before I buy more coz I have like 20kg+ of pro plan and Eagle Pack Holistic Select sitting around (work in a pet store). I'm happy on Holistic but Aussie made BH is winning me over - just can't tell the boss.

Sorry, just wanted to say how happy I was to see BH being sold "out there" where I happened to be walking.

I'm hoping to get the weekend of the coffs trial off, if I do I'll come say hi!

Hi guys, just a quick question, I'm sure this has been asked before but I did a search and couldn't find an answer.

I did a google and saw that a store in Sunshine stocks BH and wanted to give the foster child a go on it, does it come in small bags when sold commercially? He's a Papillon so there is no way I can justify buying a 20kg bag!! Also, what price would I be paying for it (estimate is OK)?

I paid $18 for a 3kg bag

I havent notice mine drinking alot of water but the BH isnt their main food in diet

There is one school of thought that you should not soak dry food if you have a deep chested breed due to an increased risk of bloat - presumably from the fermentation process which occurs.

Why don't you contact Sherel and ask for a sample bag? They are about 1kg so would do a Pap for long enough to find out if it's a suitable food.

There is one school of thought that you should not soak dry food if you have a deep chested breed due to an increased risk of bloat - presumably from the fermentation process which occurs.

THat is one school of thought and the other is to soak the food.

very confusing.

I soak my kids food as i have GSDs and some say to soak and some not, i did until this as it does not swell very much

Edited by Flaves

Coffs Harbour trial is on 17th & 18th Sept, if anybody wants me to bring in Black Hawk Adult Dog/Puppy/Feline either in 1kg, 2kg, 3kg, 5kg, 10kg or 20kg bags please "message" me. If you want the smaller bags, please give me a few days to bag them down for you. You can find the details on my website. I will have free samples to give out too, so feel free to come & ask for one. The club is also giving away 30 smaller bags as first prizes :thumbsup: & there will be some bags on the raffle table. So good luck & see you on the day ;)

PS. the ADAA Grand Prix is on at the end of this month, & we probably don't have room for any more 20 kilo bags, but could fit in some smaller quantities :)

Hi Sheena,

just want to jump in and say hi, I'm in Coffs and was reading all about BH and wondering how on earth I was going to try it when I ran into either your son or son-in-law (he mentioned his mother bred BC's) at the markets. I bought a small bag but it might be a while before I buy more coz I have like 20kg+ of pro plan and Eagle Pack Holistic Select sitting around (work in a pet store). I'm happy on Holistic but Aussie made BH is winning me over - just can't tell the boss.

Sorry, just wanted to say how happy I was to see BH being sold "out there" where I happened to be walking.

I'm hoping to get the weekend of the coffs trial off, if I do I'll come say hi!

Glad you liked the food...it has certainly won my two border collies over...you can't miss us, we will have the two darkest chocolate BC at the trial (ones just a big pup) see you there ;)

ETA..In regards to your other dog foods, do what I did when I changed over to Black Hawk....I gave all my other stuff (almost full bags) to the local RSPCA Animal Shelter. They gladly accepted it :thumbsup:

Edited by sheena

Hi PA

Yes its sold in Sunsine in 3kg bags, if you email me l am happy to post you a sample first

Regards

Sherel

Hi All,

Ive been trying to find a supplier and to get a smaple sent of this out to me, i have contact the ones around me but they wont get back to me. I was wondering if anyone knows how i could get a sample or where to buy it around the Toowoomba QLD District?

ugh, this is why I went back to my old food, trying to get the stuff here is a real runaround....I love the food, but as Im not showing at present getting the stuff is a pain in the bum!

Thanks Sheryl for your help :) Off to RINGWOOD PET MART :)

Edited by Missymoo