Black Hawk Holistic

Guest belgian.blue

Anyone know if there is a supplier in Brissie? preferrably southside Brissie?

ETA - Still curious about the food, but would rather not do with postage...lol

Edited by KitKat

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Am I the only one who finds the kibble size way way too small?

It is small, I have Danes so thought this may be a problem.....no problem.

mmm well I (they) liked the sample I was sent, but tended to gag on it, so have moved on to Canidae.

I get mine from Julana who lives at Ipswich [email protected] Her husband takes it into Brisbane to his work at Newstead & I get Fastway Couriers to pick it up from there & bring it down to Coffs Harbour for me. I am now onto my second bag & my daughter has bought a bag also for her little malties. :( I am very happy & so is my BC girl :rofl: It is definately worth the little extra trouble in getting it delivered. Price has dropped also :D

HI

I am happy to drop off some food for you.

Am out n about on the south side of Brisbane & Gold Coast tomorrow after lunch doing deliveries

Send me an email if you would like to catch up

cheers Julana

[email protected]

OK,

I am absolutely stoked with this product. I have been feeding my ever so fussy cav on BHH for the past few days, and he has eaten every bit. Getting him to previously eat any other dry was a nightmare....

I am very happy with this product and I am certain that I can already see a change in his coat for the better. Going to order myself a bag for sure and recommend it to all.

One more question regarding this product.... As Previously stated my dog absolutely loves this product, and further research has revealed that it is a puppy formula, and that there is no adult formula. Is this correct?

Does this simply mean that I need to feed less?? Or is there an adult one that I cant find on the internet.

Ive been reading this with interest. It sounds like something I would like to try my dog on. My dog is not fussy, but I am looking for another alternative to Royal Canin and love that this is locally owned and made.

Just a question for the distributer/owner of BH, you made a comment quite a few pages back that said "what the label says should be what you get in the bag"

I just have concerns that because it is in plain packaging and you are small company where other foods (possibly of a lesser quality) are also packaged in the same plain bags in the same factory, I could be sent a bag of something else instead?

I mean no offence at all, but this is the first thing I thought of.

I've been using it for ages and every bag I've had (I buy dog and cat) looks and smells the same, so I don't think the chances of it being swapped with something else are very good. By plain package it means that it's just a white bag with the name and ingredients list on it but no promotional copy or coloured pictures, not a completely blank bag.

Ive been reading this with interest. It sounds like something I would like to try my dog on. My dog is not fussy, but I am looking for another alternative to Royal Canin and love that this is locally owned and made.

Just a question for the distributer/owner of BH, you made a comment quite a few pages back that said "what the label says should be what you get in the bag"

I just have concerns that because it is in plain packaging and you are small company where other foods (possibly of a lesser quality) are also packaged in the same plain bags in the same factory, I could be sent a bag of something else instead?

Hi AnnieK

Lovely to hear your dog liked it but sorry they gagged on it.

Black Hawk is fed to a range of breeds from my own 2 rescue Chi's through to my Collies Rough & Smooth and my German Shepherds,

At first there was a couple of people wo mentioned the size of the kibble, but all 3 have come back saying they are glad its the size it is as they all had dogs that scoffed their foods one Labrador lady in particular is happy that her boy tried to inhale it but alot falls out the sides so hence he doesnt cough and splutter, There is also a few Great Dane people and St Bernard people very happy and Black Hawk Holistic has just hit the Greyhound racing world and so far all good,

Sherel

Am I the only one who finds the kibble size way way too small?

It is small, I have Danes so thought this may be a problem.....no problem.

mmm well I (they) liked the sample I was sent, but tended to gag on it, so have moved on to Canidae.

Hi S- Edmonds

No there is an Adult formula A puppy Formula and a Feline formula

Regards

Sherel

OK,

I am absolutely stoked with this product. I have been feeding my ever so fussy cav on BHH for the past few days, and he has eaten every bit. Getting him to previously eat any other dry was a nightmare....

I am very happy with this product and I am certain that I can already see a change in his coat for the better. Going to order myself a bag for sure and recommend it to all.

One more question regarding this product.... As Previously stated my dog absolutely loves this product, and further research has revealed that it is a puppy formula, and that there is no adult formula. Is this correct?

Does this simply mean that I need to feed less?? Or is there an adult one that I cant find on the internet.

Hi Germanshepherdlover

l know exactly where your question has come from,

By law we have to label the bag correctly, Black Hawk Formula is privately owned and made under licenced contract, and can only be made for us. people can try to copy it but thats all they can do,

whats on Black Hawk label is whats in the bag, we would not be shipping product overseas in mass volumes if it was a lessor quality to countries with high standards

Hope this helps

Sherel

We have a vet here in Melb, who is currently trialling dogs with clinical issues on Black Hawk 2 weeks in so far so good, one l know is a dog with IBS and she also has two cats she saved from Orijin poisoning both been on the feline formula now for 2 weeks and good results there to,

Hi Germanshepherdlover

l know exactly where your question has come from,

By law we have to label the bag correctly, Black Hawk Formula is privately owned and made under licenced contract, and can only be made for us. people can try to copy it but thats all they can do,

whats on Black Hawk label is whats in the bag, we would not be shipping product overseas in mass volumes if it was a lessor quality to countries with high standards

Hope this helps

Sherel

Do you own APFE Distributors Sherel?

I'd just like to add we have nearly finished our second 20 kilo bag, the dogs love it, are all doing well on it, my fussy boy is not fussy any more, my itchy girl is not itchy any more, I have 4 lovely soft, thick shiny coats and I get a huge amount of people ask me what they eat so I'm constantly putting black hawk out there. I've just organized another 2 x 20 kilos for me and 2x 20 kilos for another DOLer, so very happy customers Here!!

My girls are doing well on it but I am a little concerned about the number of odd pieces of food that are in the second bag. The first bag was all the same but the second one has other food mixed through. Not a huge amount, I've probably found about 30 odd pieces. They are larger and round and square and a different colour. No one else seems to have had a problem? It is making me uhm and ah over ordering a third bag....