Black Hawk Holistic

Guest belgian.blue

That's strange Gretel, both bags we have had have been the same, nothing out of the ordinary, plus 2 friends both using the food also on thier second bags with nothing out of the ordinary?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Black Hawk Holistic has just hit the Greyhound racing world and so far all good,

Sherel

I know one greyhound trainer feeding it, although he is feeding it only to his frenchies and pugs, not his greyhound broodie - she is on cheaper food.

And greyhound trainers tend to fed kibble as part of "slop" - totally soaked/drowned in water and with raw meat, supplements etc. I like to feed it dry - hence the gagging. Unfortunate that I can't feed it as it seemd quite ok.

annie

Hi Kitteh

l did just receive an email requesting a sampe from Perth Is that You ???? if not let me know and send me your postal address and l will send a sample, email me at blackhawkholistic @bigpond.com

Regards

Sherel

Does anyone know where I can get a sample for my puppy in perth?

TIA

Hi Gretel

While you shouldnt have the odd pieces in there and will notify the manufacturer, the pieces are from the export range and is pressed into that shape due to the country its being shipped to wont use round kibble, l know its weird but they wont, there are some strange requests.

Thank you for letting us know if we dont know we can not fix the problem

Regards

Sherel

My girls are doing well on it but I am a little concerned about the number of odd pieces of food that are in the second bag. The first bag was all the same but the second one has other food mixed through. Not a huge amount, I've probably found about 30 odd pieces. They are larger and round and square and a different colour. No one else seems to have had a problem? It is making me uhm and ah over ordering a third bag....

Hi Annie

Yes you have him although he told me he was going to try it on some young Grey's ?? You also have a Greyhound person in in Western Vic who first posted on Greyound Data, there is also a Naturopath in Western Vic using it on his Greyhounds and also a Greyhound trainer of 40years in Eastern vic, actually there is two down there Oh and one in perth who has been in constant contact with me

l feed all mine dry, l am not sure how these above guys feed it

Regards

Sherel

Black Hawk Holistic has just hit the Greyhound racing world and so far all good,

Sherel

I know one greyhound trainer feeding it, although he is feeding it only to his frenchies and pugs, not his greyhound broodie - she is on cheaper food.

And greyhound trainers tend to fed kibble as part of "slop" - totally soaked/drowned in water and with raw meat, supplements etc. I like to feed it dry - hence the gagging. Unfortunate that I can't feed it as it seemd quite ok.

annie

Can anyone tell me if only comes in a 20kg bag? Can you buy it in a smaller bag?

I only know of it in a 20kg bag... not sure for sure though

You could ask for a sample bag if you wanted to just try some

I am putting smaller bags in my store as of this week, they are 3 kg for $15.

Edited by Austerra

At first there was a couple of people wo mentioned the size of the kibble, but all 3 have come back saying they are glad its the size it is

Yes I was one who thought the kibble very small when I first started using it, but now I prefer it that size as the dogs can't eat it as fast. I wouldn't go back to a regular size kibble now :rofl:

Black Hawk is an excellent product, probably the best dry food I've ever used for quality, availability and price :laugh:

Guest english.ivy

TIA

Wendy is the Perth supplier .. her number 0412 027 254 :laugh:

She has been very helpful with BH.

TIA

Wendy is the Perth supplier .. her number 0412 027 254 :D

She has been very helpful with BH.

Thank you so much english.ivy.:rofl:

Edited by Kitteh

I have fed my dogs a number of different super premium kibbles.....Eagle Pack and EP Holistic, Pro Plan and Pro Plan Selects and their kibble pieces are also quite small, the Eagle Pack are about the same size as Black Hawk, and the Pro Plan are small flat discs, each one about the same size as Black Hawk but flattened rather than round. It's only the cheaper kibbles I've used over the years that come in larger pieces. I believe the better quality brands are made in smaller pieces for easy digestibility for the dog.

I'm on my 4th bag of Black Hawk and I couldn't be happier with it. Now feeding 4 Aussies, they love it, they look fantastic and I even use it as training treats. My little rescue girl is blossoming on this diet, she came to us very pudgy and with a shorn, dull coat.....now after 6 weeks of Black Hawk, she is trim, her coat is healthy and shiny and she is looking fabulous.

The last EP Holisitic I remember buying was when Isaak was a puppy so last May....and the pieces were about the same size as the Black Hawk. The Pro Plan I bought a few weeks ago (when I was away and thought I'd run out of food), was also very small. That wasn't a puppy one and I'm pretty sure the last EP Holistic I bought wasn't either.

The last EP Holisitic I remember buying was when Isaak was a puppy so last May....and the pieces were about the same size as the Black Hawk. The Pro Plan I bought a few weeks ago (when I was away and thought I'd run out of food), was also very small. That wasn't a puppy one and I'm pretty sure the last EP Holistic I bought wasn't either.

I was mixing the two together - EP holistic & BH - maybe they sent me the "baby food" :)

Doesn't matter - feeding Canidae grain free salmon now and unlikely to be changing.

I have both EP Holistic and Holistic Lamb & Rice here at the moment. The EP is bigger. I haven't had a problem with the size of the Holistic Lamb & Rice though.

My younger dog does appear to have allergies issues with the Holistic Lamb and Rice though. Looking at the ingredients on both foods it looks like it is either the brewers yeast or the fish meal.

At first there was a couple of people wo mentioned the size of the kibble, but all 3 have come back saying they are glad its the size it is

Yes I was one who thought the kibble very small when I first started using it, but now I prefer it that size as the dogs can't eat it as fast. I wouldn't go back to a regular size kibble now :hug:

Black Hawk is an excellent product, probably the best dry food I've ever used for quality, availability and price :thumbsup:

I also thought it was tiny - we were previously using Royal Canin which is at least 4 x the size. At first it seemed a bit weird to be feeding my 36kg dog such tiny kibble :D But both my dogs (the other 18kg) enjoy it and I haven't had any issues with the size.

I've been feeding my 2 on BH, they aren't crazy about it. As I'm feeding both raw and BH (separately) they tend to leave half the BH or turn their noses up at it. With price of postage I'm likely to go back to Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance - $15 for 2.26kg is the cheapest super premium I can find now.

Hi Germanshepherdlover

l know exactly where your question has come from,

By law we have to label the bag correctly, Black Hawk Formula is privately owned and made under licenced contract, and can only be made for us. people can try to copy it but thats all they can do,

whats on Black Hawk label is whats in the bag, we would not be shipping product overseas in mass volumes if it was a lessor quality to countries with high standards

Hope this helps

Sherel

Do you own APFE Distributors Sherel?

Do APFE make Black Hawk? I note on their website that they claim... Raw Materials

All the raw materials are from Australian Origin and are GMO FREE and BSE FREE, I am very interested to know if Black Hawk claims that 100% of their ingredients are Australian grown.

No APFE dont make Black Hawk Holistic,

We source all our main ingredients from Australia, with our micro ingredients again we source them from Australia but sometimes demand out weighs supply in those cases we source from around the world the best available micro ingredients from the human supply chain which means those ingredients are also used in human food in Australia

Any country to supply our micro ingredients have to prove extensive testing and reports as our micro ingredients are human grade.

Hope this helps

Sherel

Hi Germanshepherdlover

l know exactly where your question has come from,

By law we have to label the bag correctly, Black Hawk Formula is privately owned and made under licenced contract, and can only be made for us. people can try to copy it but thats all they can do,

whats on Black Hawk label is whats in the bag, we would not be shipping product overseas in mass volumes if it was a lessor quality to countries with high standards

Hope this helps

Sherel

Do you own APFE Distributors Sherel?

Do APFE make Black Hawk? I note on their website that they claim... Raw Materials

All the raw materials are from Australian Origin and are GMO FREE and BSE FREE, I am very interested to know if Black Hawk claims that 100% of their ingredients are Australian grown.

Yes I was one who thought the kibble very small when I first started using it, but now I prefer it that size as the dogs can't eat it as fast. I wouldn't go back to a regular size kibble now :D

Black Hawk is an excellent product, probably the best dry food I've ever used for quality, availability and price :cry:

I also thought it was tiny - we were previously using Royal Canin which is at least 4 x the size. At first it seemed a bit weird to be feeding my 36kg dog such tiny kibble :D But both my dogs (the other 18kg) enjoy it and I haven't had any issues with the size.

I actually watched in amazement tonight as the labrador we're dogsitting actually chewed his BH instead of inhaling it! :D . This is a dog that eats chicken wings without chewing!