2011 Training Wishlist

Seita

Be strong RS :happydance2: :D

Well I'm waiting until after our last trial in a few weeks to do Kyzer's wishlist just in case the planets align and we get that final pass in AD or JDX, but I can do Trixie's now.

TRIXIE

- Step up the training with both obedience and agility, keep it fun fun fun!

- Hopefully enter her in her first jumping or agility trial in the second half of the year - but don't want to enter her until she is doing excellent level courses at training consistently

- Would like to enter her in a CCD trial - this is a tough goal for us with a lot of work ahead :D Unless they let us do SFE on two legs :happydance2:

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be strong RS :laugh: :rolleyes:

Well I'm waiting until after our last trial in a few weeks to do Kyzer's wishlist just in case the planets align and we get that final pass in AD or JDX, but I can do Trixie's now.

TRIXIE

- Hopefully enter her in her first jumping or agility trial in the second half of the year - but don't want to enter her until she is doing excellent level courses at training consistently

- Would like to enter her in a CCD trial - this is a tough goal for us with a lot of work ahead :laugh: Unless they let us do SFE on two legs :D

that was a lovely run last evening, the only one I saw :D

In 2011, I want to enjoy my dogs as they are.

Hope we all stay healthy and have fun at agility!

Though I must admit that I hope that by the time my chihuahua is doing masters jumping next year -- I have will have convinced her to weave in a competition run and not just in the wings. Otherwise she be jumping at Masters and in Novice agility still :)

Thanks Rusky, he was a good happy boy, so close :)

we need to do some video so we can see what went wrong. I mean I think( probably wrong) you just needed to be faster and closer to the bar, either that or you lost concentration since the important bits were clear. I cursed :) bad luck, very bad luck.

Forgot to say too that the judge was very pleased with the small dogs who missed out.

Edited by Rusky

hmm... well I think Leo's is a repeat of his 2009/2010 wish list :love:

Leo

Well I'd like him to still be trialling in agility and not an old fart just yet :). I'd really like him to pick up his ADM (2 more to go) and JDM (5 more to go) titles - PLEASE leo keep those bars up!

I'd really like him to get his UD title, or at least passes towards it.

His Neuter Champion Title

To remain happy, healthy and the wonderful dog that he is!

Kinta

I'd like Kinta to achieve her CDX, ADX and JDM titles!!! Not much of a list is there! She has the potential to do it if she keeps her brain in the right spot!! I'd also like her to continue growing the confidence that she has been lately and to remain the lovely dog that she is!

Zara

I'd like her to continue to mature and turn into a nice show dog that judges will at least look at! To learn that there IS value for agility and channel that drive for her dad so that they can have fun practicing agility together!

IF we decide to breed with Zara I hope for happy, healthy babies and a stress free pregnancy and whelping!!!

Tahli

Hmm... to grow up into a lovely, drivey speedy adult with a great temperament and a promising show career (with some points to her name)!!

Edited by leopuppy04

well my goal is to actually attend obedience and agility with Digby.

With obedience to get to level 2 in the first half of the year. Hang on I think I'm already in level two :love: I've only been twice so I can't remeber.

well anyway, I'm going to aim to go up a level in the first half of the year :)

This year I have constantly had things get in the way of going. So I don't want that to keep happening!

I'm going to join in this. I usually don't set goals, but I'm trying to create a new me- one that actually gets things done!

So, for Annie

I'd like to get her CCD, and maybe even her CD. We've finally worked up the courage to enter a trial next weekend :love:, and she's been working wonderfully in the Novice class at club lately.

Start training agility (if we ever make it off the waiting list!)

Start training in herding

Me

Get stronger and fitter so I can keep up with Annie! Strengthen my knees so they stop dislocating

OT, but keep my house tidy! Once it's tidy, I can justify more time spent training!

Well, I have no idea how far I will get through this list next year, but here goes...

JAG - CCD + CD + ET titles + maybe get to a Tracking trial or 2, time permitting, so perhaps a pass or 2 on the way to TD. To have him over all reactivity would be an absolute blast. I think we are on our way there :rofl:

DYZNEY - HSBs + HSAd + maybe CDX (big maybe on the CDX, will depend on time plus her ability to stay fit for the jumping side) + hopefully TD title. Also for Dyzney and actually most importantly, keep her fit and healthy and alive. If she does not achieve any passes or titles next year, I will not be disappointed. I am happy to have her alive and well and that is all that matters. I also would like us to gain her Neuter Ch Title, but ot is a matter of how many affiliates will run neuter classes here in Vic. Going interstate takes a lot of time and organisarion.

FAME - min 1 V rating + any points towards Champ title + CCD. She is only 5 months now, so we keep her list to baby steps :rofl:

ME - lose weight and get fit so I have the energy and passion to do all the training required to achieve the above :D

Edited by dyzney

Hmmm 2011...

Muffin:

Provided she shows me she is still keen to work and isnt quite ready to retire,

-I would like to get her back into the obedience ring for at least one trial and see if she likes it better than the last time we trialled in obedience (somewhere around 2005 I think :( )

- SPDX Title (needs 2 more passes)

- SDX Title (needs 3 more passes)

Oscar

- JDM title?? Needs 3 passes

- ADM passes (only has one so far :( )

- SDX and SPDX titles

Spice

- Start trialling!

- AD and JD title hopefully

Me:

Somehow manage to run 3 dogs at trials :(

Ok, now that the final trial for the year is over I'm happy to think about and commit to words next years goals.

So for 2011 our goals are:

- Train for and gain her Herding Started title.

- Start agility training and just generally learn a heap more about the discipline as its a little foreign to me.

- Gain her CD title.

- Start training for her CDX - out of sight is going to be a challenge for us.

- Maybe try a tracking workshop or two, initially for fun to try it out and see if we like it.

Edited by SmoothieGirl

• 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to more fun in 2011!

Ziggy

- enter a Novice obedience trial and get that final pass card

- work on Open obedience - specifically more duration heeling, drop on recall games, retrieve (over a jump and neat fronts) and out of sight stays.

- confident see saw for agility

- tighter rear crosses and change of arms for agility/jumping

- distance handling in agility/jumping - especially weaving poles

- relax, have fun and run HARD :laugh:

- ET title is high on the priority list too

Emily

- retrieving will be our major focus in 2011 as foundation work is critical - will include training to the whistle

- obedience - lots of fun, small projects that expand on what I'm doing with her now....we've been doing focus, informal recall, sit, drop, steady feet game, heel position, fronts, hand touches and free shaping

- jumping/agility - simple exposure to equipment like the tunnel and maybe some puppy foundation work if we have time

I have never done one of these before but am going to give it a try!

Lewis & Rommi - Get CCD and some passes for CD. Start in the jumping and Agility rings. Get back into the show ring for the first time in a looong time!

I will limited opportunites to achieve these but am going to give it a red hot go :laugh:

Here you go guys!!! Wish away! :D

My goals will depend on whether I breed a litter from Ella or not... if yes then I hope to actually make it to a trial next year, if no then I bloody well want my OC! :laugh:

Well... I've already changed my goals and it's not even the end of the year yet! I want an OC leg or 2 (or more) next year but it will depend on when she comes in season and whether I breed her so that hasn't changed but I looked at trials and I can definitely get her into enough for at least a pass or two!

For Mack who looks like he's staying at this stage I want him to get his nuts so I can actually start showing him and have him at a CCD/Novice level by the end of the year. I don't expect to start trialling with him next year as he's still so young but I want him working at that sort of level.

And for Tyson (Mack's Dad) who's on holidays with me until August I'd really like him engaging with me when I train and IF (BIG IF) I can get him enthused about something I'd like to have a crack at getting him into CCD by June/July next year... considering that he currently only knows sit and stand this may not happen! :)

Lewis & Rommi - Get CCD and some passes for CD. Start in the jumping and Agility rings. Get back into the show ring for the first time in a looong time!

I will limited opportunites to achieve these but am going to give it a red hot go :)

Woohoo! :laugh: Go the Whippies, do you foresee yourself coming to Perth for any trials or will you just be going to Albany?

KYZER

- Raise the bar in training, work on more control and more distance, better faster contacts

- I'd like to start entering open agility & jumping sometime next year, need to get my confidence up first!

- Get that last JDX leg then onto Masters :D

- Carry our new positive agility attitude through to ADX and start getting some ADX passes - title would be nice but I'm not focusing on it too hard - our last AD pass took ages to get - I just want a happy dog and we'll go from there.

- Solve our new problem that has appeared - zoomies :) Only happening in Jumping though - get those zoomies under control!

- Do some training at other venues and start doing more trials away from K9

- I know it sounds cliche but keeping it positive and fun is a big priority, it's easy to get carried away with the seriousness of it all and sometimes I just need a gentle reminder to keep it light - it's just a hobby :)

TRIXIE

- Teach her 2x2 weaves over the Summer

- Would like to enter her in a CCD trial - this is a tough goal for us with a lot of work ahead :laugh: Unless they let us do SFE on two legs :)

- Start training some rally exercises too.

I will limited opportunites to achieve these but am going to give it a red hot go :rofl:

Woohoo! :confused: Go the Whippies, do you foresee yourself coming to Perth for any trials or will you just be going to Albany?

I really do not know. If the opportunity presents it's self then I will go to Perth, but I wouldn't go just for a show/trial. I hope to do a couple more than just the two Albany ones, but it would also depend on school, shift working husbands and the budget. It is just such a large exercise to get everything organised when you have to factor in all of the above!

ETA - gaining any passes etc will also depend on if I can find an extra handler if required for stays etc. NEver had the quandry of more than one dog per class, or two in the showring at the same time!

Edited by OSoSwift