• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:laugh: @ Seita

Hmm - will probably jinx myself doing this - but here goes

Kirra - hope to be able to keep playing agility and having fun

- hope to get a couple of Track and Search passes

- maybe get a Heelwork to Music routine organised

Rory - hope to start on the letters after now he's got his Ch :D - maybe obedience first

- get him ready to enter tracking trials (once snakes are out of the way :eek: )

- will probably start training him for ET - was going to wait till he's 4, but he's doing really well gaiting with the bike the couple of times we've tried it, and Kirra enjoys biking too.

:laugh: after the little practice runs we had in the breaks in the trial on Saturday - think that might be a little later in the year - he was OTT :D - and then was a naughty boy and ran off to see another dog :eek: - not competing, just running around. On the good side, he did the A frame for the first time, and hit his 2o2o on the DW - he wasn't sure about being able to do it on the A frame though he did try to offer it from the bottom :eek: . Looking at the way he came right down though, I might not insist on 2o2o for A frame - it's a pretty steep angle for the lil big man.

I know settings goals aren't for everyone, but for me I need them. They give me a purpose, not just in training, but in day to day life, because like many of you, my dogs are my life :eek:

I’ve been spending my time trialling soley in obedience, but next year I want to try some new things and try to obtain a title or two that isn't obedience, to keep the lone obedience title on my girls company! :laugh:

So here is what I am going to aim for!

Ruby:

- I'd really love her CDX title next year, but my goal will just be for her to be focused in the ring again (happy isn't an issue, she's happy as Larry - but off with the fairies! Or off mugging judges or stewards!)

- Trial in Novice Jumping and hopefully get her JD title. If that happens, I'd like us to make a start on JDX (even if it's just purely giving it a go!)

- Perhaps trial in Novice Agility at some stage, but am not actually aiming for her AD title as I don't want to push her (she has only just gotten her confidence back to go over the full sized dogwalk!)

- If Rally-O becomes official, her RN title.

- Keep up training in retrieving, but have no solid goals for this one as I honestly have no idea how far we'll get with this sport. I just want her to enjoy it!

- Maybe try Tracking, and if I can find the time to train for it, do the ET with her.

- Get a Really Reliable Recall!

Millie:

- Trial in Open obedience and get her CDX title.

- Trial in Novice Jumping and hopefully get a pass towards her JD title.

- If Rally-O becomes official, her RN title.

- Maybe try Tracking, and if I can find the time to train for it, do the ET with her.

- Get a Really Reliable Recall!

Me!:

- Stop being so nervous and so serious, and just have some fun, dammit!!! (can't guarantee this goal is achievable, but will try! :D)

- Be strong and hold off on puppy purchase! :eek:

I am a bit scared to wish for anything for next year seeing as we didn't really achieve any of our goals this year!

But I'd like Daisy's CCD and CD titles. She's totally capable of doing both. And if I can get MY shit together she could get them pretty quickly too.

I'd also like to become a better handler and stop stuffing up my dog :laugh:

Edited by huski

Hey huski - you're too hard on yourself. While you might not have achieved what you wanted in terms of 'letters'. ISTM from watching your vids that you andDiasy have come a Llooong way, and have set yourselves up for success in the coming year.

Hey huski - you're too hard on yourself. While you might not have achieved what you wanted in terms of 'letters'. ISTM from watching your vids that you andDiasy have come a Llooong way, and have set yourselves up for success in the coming year.

Aw thanks Tassie :laugh: I am making a lot of errors though which is what is holding us back. Hopefully we'll have them fixed by earlier next year though.

Agreed! Daisy is doing soooooooo well, and so are you!!!! I wish I had half your positiveness when it comes to training :laugh:

I don't think I achieved any of my goals this year either! :laugh: Might get them next year though!

Nova:

Start trialling in tracking!

Work on his stays and do a few CCD trials (big maybe! Don't know if my nerves could handle it!)

Darcy:

Enter a few more agility trials and get at least his ADX and JDX.

Do a few obedience trials

Start tracking

Do his ET

Get his show title

Get back into flyball and get a PB of at least 4.3!

Jovi:

Start her "proper" obedience training

Learn basics for agility and flyball

Get her show title

Me

Relax

Remain cool, calm and collected at trials

Edited by tollersowned

Yay, my first goals thread! :laugh:

Ava

- Work on duration heelwork while keeping enthusiasm high. Must do this first!

- Enter trials and gain CCD title. Aim for high scores rather than just passes.

- Be able to work to a CD standard and maybe enter some trials.

- Start training in agility, and depending on when we can get into classes, hopefully start trialling towards the end of the year.

- Think about dabbling in DWD or flyball.

- Work on manners. No jumping up, calm greeting of other dogs, no rushing to the door to greet visitors.

Satchmo

- Work harder on his almost nonexistent recall.

- Be tough but kind, be consistent with NILIF and don't let him take advantage of me.

- Take him through at least two full sessions at our club or until he passes the Silver assessment.

Me

- Work hard to get my leg strength back after my surgery earlier this year so that I can keep up with Ava in agility!

- Listen to and learn from those more experienced than me.

- Put in the effort to make each and every training session fun and exciting - tails must be wagging and happy.

- Don't let myself get frustrated. Learn how to put it behind us and move on. HAVE FUN! :D

Chili - get her CD title and train for Open, if that goes well, perhaps try some trials. I'm not sure if my nerves will stand up to doing out of sight stays with her!

Monza - train him in drive and work towards trialling. Would like to have his CCD and be getting ready for novice in 2011

Termi - continue with clicker training and teach her the exercises relating to trialling, with the ambition to trial in 2012

ET titles for Yoshi, Termi and Xilla

In 2011 there are my goals;

- Train Toby through his bike phobia and get ET (if his vet ok's it for his joints) if not just the bike phobia

-Train Toby to an RN/CCD level. Maybe enter a trial (but not likely :D )

- Do tracking! Maybe TD :eek:

-Keep learning and having fun! :laugh:

2011 Goals

Deakin

- Start trialling in obediance

- Hopefully get CCD title and started on CD

- get ET

- start learning agility

- start dwd

Watson

- get better people skills, hopfully able to do nice sit/stand for exam

- energetic and focused heeling

Me

- get fit enough to put Deakin through ET, and keep up in agility

- train with energy and excitment

Akira

- Hopefully get Akira to walk on a loose leash 100% of the time, rather than 90% some days and 20% other days :laugh:

- Get to grade 4 in obedience (on days when Akira concentrates, this is entirely possible and hopefully now that she's starting to listen more might be doable)

- Get Akira to concentrate in distracting environments (training in drive will hopefully help this)

- Work towards trialling in agility

- Hopefully start training in flyball

Halo

- Have fun with her being a puppy :cry:

- Train an extremely solid stand before starting work on obedience

Me

- Have fun and hopefully become a better handler

Edited by whiskedaway

Well where do I start

Xena

She has earned her retirement so she will be the spectator well rather a noisy one at that and enter a few veterans trials for a laugh

Gabby

Agility

Getting her last few legs towards her Agility Champion title. Her SPDX title with her brother (going to be interesting that one) her SDX title, Her GDM title.

Obedience

To get her UDX title and hopefully some open passes ie sit stays and bringing me the dumbell to me instead of getting it coming too me and go oops forgot what to do mum stand there and drop the article arghhh

Inka

Agilityto get a bit more precise on the contacts instead of blowing me off and going off a hundred miles an hour and to listen to me that would be good

Obedience

To be able to do a sit stay and keep the brains in gear and not doing silly thing like ie last week going to present my dumbell to the jump and realizing that wasnt me at the last minute sitting in front crooked

Have to say keeps training interesting though :laugh:

I sort of thought I wouldn't do goals for next year, because I want to not care if Jess passes of not, as long as she's having fun (in agility, she's having almost too much fun though!!) but I gave in, I like goals :laugh:

Jess

-CDX title

-Start Utility training *undecided*

-JD title (only one more leg!)

-AD title

-Leg(s) towards JDX, JDO, SD, GD

-Finish teaching the bloody see-saw then..

-ADX + ADO trials

Goals for me would be to not get so nervous in the ring, focus on the good more than the bad and to better my crappy agility handling!