Bondi Vet

Flaves

No it's not going to upset me at all and that's why I love the freedom of speech. I don't take this personally and I haven't noticed my knickers in a knot

Well it's good you can banter about it without getting upset then. Good for you. It's interesting to discuss likes and dislikes without getting grumpy, isnt it. A few people did say, however, if you dont like the show, dont watch it. Well I could say, everytime there is a thread about Bondi Vet people discuss what they dont like about it on this forum, so if you dont want to see negative comments, dont read the thread. That would be pretty unfair of me, dont you think?

It's all over Rover

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's all over Rover

What's all over and who is Rover?

It's not all over because everytime Dolers watch the show and disagree with how something is portrayed on it, they'll express it on this forum, and the Chris Wives will jump up and down just as easily as the Twiwives do when someone says they cant stand the books or the movies. :love:

It's all over Rover

What's all over and who is Rover?

It's not all over because everytime Dolers watch the show and disagree with how something is portrayed on it, they'll express it on this forum, and the Chris Wives will jump up and down just as easily as the Twiwives do when someone says they cant stand the books or the movies. :love:

This discussion banter with you is all over Rover

Not for me it isnt :)

eta and my name isnt Rover

This is funny :)

For the record I can't stand him and think that the show is a joke. They have an opportunity to educate and inform the general public on many dog/animal related issues and instead they would prefer to go along with common misconceptions and laugh about real and serious behaviour problems because it entertains the masses and makes money for all involved in the show.

However, I WILL continue to watch the show, partly because it is morbidly facsinating (the car crash theory :) ) and because I enjoy getting on here and 'discussing' it with others.

Happy watching everyone :love:

I don't mind the show and sometimes Chris gets it right - like when he gently chided the pug owner for breeding his bitch 'because he likes puppies' whilst explaining the dangers of breeding / whelping. Or when he exasperatedly (not a word) corrected a 7pm Project viewer's view that having a litter would make their bitch 'nicer'. :love: But yeah sometimes I am really disappointed that he lets really great opportunities to educate the masses pass by without a word. And I really cannot STAND that female vet, I am convinced that she became a vet to get on TV and not because she likes animals at all. Apart from cute kitties. :)

Not for me it isnt :rofl:

eta and my name isnt Rover

This is funny :)

For the record I can't stand him and think that the show is a joke. They have an opportunity to educate and inform the general public on many dog/animal related issues and instead they would prefer to go along with common misconceptions and laugh about real and serious behaviour problems because it entertains the masses and makes money for all involved in the show.

However, I WILL continue to watch the show, partly because it is morbidly facsinating (the car crash theory :D ) and because I enjoy getting on here and 'discussing' it with others.

Happy watching everyone :love:

I like to refer to it as 'trainwreck syndrome'. :)

I'm a vet nurse, and the show is missing so many elements of what veterinary practice is truly like that I just can't take it seriously. :) But tit for tat!

The problem with it being entertainment value is that many people take what he says as gospel and it gives them the wring impression. Dr Chris says Pit Bulls are nasty so they must be?? And that puppy which tested as 'staffy x whippet' is now automatically a safe dog to have around children because it's not a pitty??? How about taking 5 seconds to remind people that all dogs especially pups require training and should never be left alone with kids??

It's portrayed as something of a reality show, educational etc. It is NOT a scripted drama or comedy. IMO the show should carry a large disclaimer at the beginning and end.

why don't you enter it in you diary so you will remember and also, there are some others that don't agree with you and other like minded people, And that's what democracy is all about

It's not important enough for me to stick it on my calendar.

And I know there are others who dont agree with me and think the shows is great. Good on them :love: . I watched a new Australian film the other night and thought it was absolutely brilliant. There are more people on the internet movie data base forums who think it's garbage. No big deal to me. I dont take it personally - not sure why people who like the show and love Dr Chris are getting their knickers in a twist that a lot of people here are saying the show is unrealistic. If you watch the film critics on The Movie Shw say your fave film is garbage, is that going to upset you?

No it's not going to upset me at all and that's why I love the freedom of speech. I don't take this personally and I haven't noticed my knickers in a knot

what you are forgetting is there is an element that do not think anyone with dogs has freedom of speech or decisions anymore.. look at all the legislation thats being passed and contemplated all in the name of "in the best instrests of the dogs"

like how is the law that meshed Judy guard in the best interests of anyone ? well except for income generation for the rspca?

this is one section of australian citizens who are losing their freedom of choice all in the name of "for the greater good" so dont presume democracy is alive and well for all eh? :)

The problem with it being entertainment value is that many people take what he says as gospel and it gives them the wring impression. Dr Chris says Pit Bulls are nasty so they must be?? And that puppy which tested as 'staffy x whippet' is now automatically a safe dog to have around children because it's not a pitty??? How about taking 5 seconds to remind people that all dogs especially pups require training and should never be left alone with kids??

It's portrayed as something of a reality show, educational etc. It is NOT a scripted drama or comedy. IMO the show should carry a large disclaimer at the beginning and end.

well said.

more like unreality show

:love:

I like Dr Harry :D He breeds Welsh ponies and likes border collies. He obviously loves animals. He is just a crap dog trainer but I am not going to hold that against him too much.

Guess you haven't heard about how he took one of his BC's for a mating and she wasn't even in season, or how he treated a Great Dane for a bad back with all these injections when she just had a sway topline! :rofl:

Isnt he one of the big wigs of the PIAA?Doesnt he support selling puppies/kittens in petshops?

I cant stand the show,i was a vet nurse too and it doesnt portray a vet clinic realistically-the over dramatisation is what gets me,shit like that happens every day in a real practise!

Oh,and the constant remarks about ïnbreeding"annoy the shit out of me too-he has no idea ,honours degree or not.The vet i took a pup too to get the AQUIS stuff done before flying nearly overdosed her with ivomectin at 4 times the dose(guess who queried it :rofl: )and he had an honours degree too.

sadly today so many top class students have amazinly little animal knowledge, they get the academic learning but as my vet likes to say, all they have at graduation is a licence to learn at the pet owners expense.

Sadly that is very much the case. Have one here. A good student. But has never owned an animal in his life and has no real clue how to handle them. Practical skills and understanding almost zero :rofl:

As for the Bondi vet. Lets just say it is interesting to hear what former classmates have to say :D

Edited by espinay2

why don't you enter it in you diary so you will remember and also, there are some others that don't agree with you and other like minded people, And that's what democracy is all about

It's not important enough for me to stick it on my calendar.And I know there are others who dont agree with me and think the shows is great. Good on them :rofl: . I watched a new Australian film the other night and thought it was absolutely brilliant. There are more people on the internet movie data base forums who think it's garbage. No big deal to me. I dont take it personally - not sure why people who like the show and love Dr Chris are getting their knickers in a twist that a lot of people here are saying the show is unrealistic. If you watch the film critics on The Movie Shw say your fave film is garbage, is that going to upset you?

I'm not preoccupied with the fact that you don't like the show.....that is entirely up to you, lol! I just found it amusing that you don't think it is important enough for you to "stick it on your calendar" yet you expect someone else to make a point of reminding you, lol.

Edited by Moselle

I'm not preoccupied with the fact that you don't like the show.....that is entirely up to you, lol! I just found it amusing that you don't think it is important enough for you to "stick it on your calendar" yet you expect someone else to make a point of reminding you, lol.

And that person is quite happy to PM me. Not sure what your preoccupation with me is but I'll be happy when you stop quoting me. How funny that you think it's OK for a guy to show his emotional side for tv but it's not OK for a woman to go hunting with her ferrets. Please go away, Moselle.