My Beautiful Bunnies

Kirty

Its taken me a week to be able to post this. My beautiful little bunnies escaped from their day-time enclosure last week and were killed by the dogs. They were only a year old. Mustang and Hawkins were my son's birthday present last year, but they quickly became 'my' bunnies. They were the most affectionate, curious little rabbits and I just adored them.

RIP Mustang and Hawkins. I'm so sorry. :hug:

DSC01180.jpg

DSC01177.jpg

Oh Kirty, I am so sorry to hear this! :rofl: You must be absolutely devastated! The poor bunnies!

Many years ago we lost one of our rabbits when one of our dogs killed it and it is heartbreaking. Try not to blame the dogs, it is just instinct for them. It is a very rare dog that would not chase a rabbit on the loose. I am sure you can hardly believe it has happened and you are going through "if only...", but it won't bring your bunny babies back, so try not to blame anyone. Sometimes accidents like this just happen when bunnies and dogs live in the same home. :eek:

My thoughts and prayers are with you and the family at this very sad time. :D

RIP Mustang and Hawkins. :rofl:

Kirty, I am so sorry this happened to you. I had a bunny (stray) for some six years. One day after my visitors had left I heard this awful shrill. Unbeknown to me my visitors child had let my bunny out......with my 4 poodles he didnt have a chance. I felt sick and very angry. I send my best wishes at this time, unfortunately sometimes things happen....I agree with Wendy H comments... be kind to yourself.