How Fussy Is Your Oh Pertaining To Dogs Inside The House

Moselle

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm not allowed to put ours outside !! LOL Just kidding !

My OH wasn't brought up with dogs but when he met me his life became all about dogs ;-)

Joey and Renae are allowed in the house as much as they want, on our bed, on our lounge, at our kitchen table with us etc all with OH's full blessing !:laugh:

Edited by Jules♥Cavs

No OH here but anyone who stays knows my pets live in the house and it they don't like it the visitors can stay somewhere else. I do make a point of having a clean dog/cat free bedroom for my guests when I know they are coming. My car is a Danemobile again if you want to have a lift in the car sorry there is slobber on the windows and some hair in the car. Last Monday my Dane had to share the backseat of the car with a friend whose wife was in the front seat he was very happy with his doggy company.

If I shared my house with someone I would make some compromises if necessary but no dog allowed in the house is not an option in my opinion for me.

does it piss anyone else off when people say that your dogs are spoilt because they sleep inside? It really gets me fired up!

Nup! I couldn't care less what anyone else thinks for goodness sake! In fact when anyone says something like the dogs are being spoilt, I agree and say they are, but they are such good dogs! :laugh:

I'm not allowed to put ours outside !! LOL Just kidding !

My OH wasn't brought up with dogs but when he met me his life became all about dogs ;-)

Joey and Renae are allowed in the house as much as they want, on our bed, on our lounge, at our kitchen table with us etc all with OH's full blessing !:)

And that's the way it should be!! :):laugh:

Originally my OH was determined that Bonnie was going to sleep outside from 12wks old :laugh: AS IF! I have only ever had indoor dogs, he has only ever had outdoor dogs, needless to say I won that argument and he admits that it was the best thing we ever did. Unfortunatly I opened the flood gates to him wanting the dogs in bed with us everynight no matter how filthy they were, umm no chance mate. I do let the dogs on the beds sometimes, but I dont like the idea of them freely jumping up whenever they want, ie dangerous if I have a sick kid in my bed and suddenly an Amstaff flattens them. Unfortunatly his family still think its ok to yell at my dogs to "go away!", Stop licking my foot/leg!" even when I have very nicely put my dogs outside. They insist on going outside or yelling at my dogs through the screen door...idiots.

I think when we feel that someone is adamant about something (especially when in a partnership) we could interpret it as not being allowed. There are things I’m adamant about and my hubby may see it as him not being allowed because he wouldn’t have my approval. And vice versa. I wouldn’t call that being controlling. There is always something. You may get divorced and find a partner that loves all 7 dogs indoors but he has something else that you don’t like. It’s up to the individuals whether they can live with their differences or not.

My dog, my house, my rules. Anyone who doesn't like it can shove it :cheer: Luckily OH's attitude followed along the lines of the quote below :laugh:

"The Dog Rules :

The dog is not allowed in the house.

Okay, the dog is allowed in the house, but only in certain rooms.

The dog is allowed in all rooms, but has to stay off the furniture.

The dog can get on the old furniture only.

Fine, the dog is allowed on all the furniture, but is not allowed to sleep with the humans on the bed.

Okay, the dog is allowed on the bed, but only by invitation.

The dog can sleep on the bed whenever he wants, but not under the covers.

The dog can sleep under the covers by invitation only.

The dog can sleep under the covers every night.

Humans must ask permission to sleep under the covers with the dog."

*http://members.tripod.com/m_f_a/dogrules.htm

Actually I do recall when visiting a breeder a few years ago husband made a comment along the lines of "Oh well maybe the pup can sleep in a crate inside while he's little and then we'll have to move him to a kennel on the veranda". Breeder raised her eyebrow at him, smiled and said "We'll see". She knew he didn't have a hope in hell of getting his way. :)

The cat was NEVER going to be inside (anywhere bar the laundry) either - said cat now spends most nights sleeping on OH's head :):happydance:

My dog, my house, my rules. Anyone who doesn't like it can shove it :cheer: Luckily OH's attitude followed along the lines of the quote below :laugh:

"The Dog Rules :

The dog is not allowed in the house.

Okay, the dog is allowed in the house, but only in certain rooms.

The dog is allowed in all rooms, but has to stay off the furniture.

The dog can get on the old furniture only.

Fine, the dog is allowed on all the furniture, but is not allowed to sleep with the humans on the bed.

Okay, the dog is allowed on the bed, but only by invitation.

The dog can sleep on the bed whenever he wants, but not under the covers.

The dog can sleep under the covers by invitation only.

The dog can sleep under the covers every night.

Humans must ask permission to sleep under the covers with the dog."

*http://members.tripod.com/m_f_a/dogrules.htm

Actually I do recall when visiting a breeder a few years ago husband made a comment along the lines of "Oh well maybe the pup can sleep in a crate inside while he's little and then we'll have to move him to a kennel on the veranda". Breeder raised her eyebrow at him, smiled and said "We'll see". She knew he didn't have a hope in hell of getting his way. :)

The cat was NEVER going to be inside (anywhere bar the laundry) either - said cat now spends most nights sleeping on OH's head :):happydance:

:cheer::cheer: It's funny how with time they can't resist to fall in love.

I think when we feel that someone is adamant about something (especially when in a partnership) we could interpret it as not being allowed. There are things I’m adamant about and my hubby may see it as him not being allowed because he wouldn’t have my approval. And vice versa. I wouldn’t call that being controlling. There is always something. You may get divorced and find a partner that loves all 7 dogs indoors but he has something else that you don’t like. It’s up to the individuals whether they can live with their differences or not.

That's so true Fleuri. He isn't controlling and those that claim he is are simply harbouring grudges due to having differing views in the past. I would not be one to put up with someone that was controlling. I know that he is an absolutely wonderful man in every way and that is why we are still together. I bet there are men out there that would love all 7 dogs but may have other idiosyncrasies that I would not be able to tolerate. If that is the only thing I have to complain about then I am lucky.

if mine were like that he would be divorced :laugh: and he knows it. He had never had a dog till he met me but he learned fast that they are family members and as such share our space.

Ideally, I would love to have another two dogs in the house, not all 7 of them. As far as divorcing him over this matter......I don't think so as this is the only hitch that we have.....there is every possibility that your hubby may have qualities about him that I would baulk at, lol.

Three of mine have just come back from swimming in the dam/lake and have convinced OH to let them back inside, wet n all :laugh: now that's love , or stupidity ... not sure which yet

OMG....that sounds great if you are of the same opinion but if my OH allowed wet & all dogs in the house I would be having a fit.

My OH was brought up that dogs are dirty dogs live outside. I was brought up with a dog sleweping on the bed, but the odd occasion she found somethign dead to role in she got kicked outside!

When we first started living together we were in a rental that onlya llowed dogs outside, so our dog was outside, but as a puppy the laundry was set up for her to be inside until she got older.

When I had the Dobes they came in under the aircon if it was very hot, or sometimes when I was home alone. OH knew about thise but chose to ignore with what I don't see won't hurt me. They had purpose built kenels that were very warm and comfortable and wore coats and had hot water bottles.

Then the WHippets came along - I don't mine them in the house if they stay on their bed/in the crate. They can sit on the lounge but only if they are on someones lap. Okay they can sit on the lounge whenever they feel like it (after I caught him and Rommi having an afternoon nap on the lounge)

Now the Whippets are in most of the time, they generally sleep on their bed but after kids are in bed they hog all lounges and lap, not sure why that is by their own choice. They sleep on heated beds in the laundry in winter and in dog runs in summer because they are cooler. They have coats, heat pads and goodness know what else. OH loves the Whippets and rarely if ever complains about them being in all the time and I think he came to the conclusion a long time ago that he was fighting a loosing battle.

They do not sleep in the bed and I do put them in the dog run when I am out. I don't like them in the kitcehn when I am preparing food, and they are not allowed near the table or to beg when we are eatin. If they did they would be kicked outside, but they sleep through meal times anyway.

In respect to my other half I make sure they are clean and not smelly which rarely happens with a Whippet anyway, I do not let them on the bed and they are not allowed to run around in the house or do zoomies inside - which I wouldn't liek anyway.

Three of mine have just come back from swimming in the dam/lake and have convinced OH to let them back inside, wet n all :laugh: now that's love , or stupidity ... not sure which yet

OMG....that sounds great if you are of the same opinion but if my OH allowed wet & all dogs in the house I would be having a fit.

what's another three sets of wet paw prints and wet dogs in the house. It's rained non stop for a week. It's just dirt and water and it will wash off.

We've tiled our entire house from top to bottom and we simply chuck the lounges out and buy new one's every couple of years.

I don't mind mopping but I hate washing walls

what's another three sets of wet paw prints and wet dogs in the house. It's rained non stop for a week. It's just dirt and water and it will wash off.

We've tiled our entire house from top to bottom and we simply chuck the lounges out and buy new one's every couple of years.

I don't mind mopping but I hate washing walls

I have vinyl flooring so keeping it clean is no big deal but the walls are another matter and it is hard to eradicate doggy smell esp of the wet variety.