Justice For K9's

yap

Justice  

1. 1. Should vets send home your child-k9 with x-high dose meds knowing they SHOULD be monitored only to lose them & get away with it? Effecting the owner to the point of "can't go on anymore"?

I only have one little thing to add, apart from reinforcing the advice of others to seek professional help.

We all know in our heads that loved ones will die or even get sick and die before they have lived a long and happy life. However, when a loved dies violently or through what is perceived as the negligence of another, it can be much harder to come to grips with.

Everyone makes mistakes and if this vet has made a mistake it is a dreadful shame that he can't acknowledge it and try to make amends by admitting it.

I am sorry you are in so much pain.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yap, mumof3 has posted some truly great supporting advice. But I'm betting that the huge shroud of grief doesn't let the details get thro'.

Have you checked with a good doctor you trust, re possibly of now being depressed? That'd be terribly important, for a start.

I suggest you squirrel away mumof3's posts....& the others, too....so that you can come back to them later.

But first, please see a doctor & ask that question.

I bet your beloved doggie cared as much for you, as you did for her.

I bet, like with all our dogs, she could pick up on your moods & if you weren't well. That's when dogs just snuggle that bit more!

She can't care for you, in person, any more. But her spirit would want to make you feel better. So, to honour your lovely girl, go see the doctor and ask about depression.

totally agree mita, great post....

yap i feel for your loss and the struggle you are having now grieving is very hard to manage and sometimes we all need a bit of help......i am sure as mita is that you beloved dog would want you to look after yourself.

do you have any animals and humans that could help you through this tough time?

there is a lot written about the grieving process and the one i like the best is the Elisabeth Kubler Ross approach.

I have a link here to her website that explains the grief process http://www.ekrfoundation.org/ if you are interested

:thumbsup:

A dog is not a child.

You need to seek medical attention.

Very cruel and heartless response Oakway. We KNOW our dogs are not human children but they are our 'family' none the less. Most on here view their dogs as their furKIDS and we ALL suffer the same grief in losing a beloved pet as we do a human relative. There is also NO TIME LIMIT on grief.

Cruel, heartless, I don't think so. Cruel and heartless is when you lose your new baby son at 5 days of age.

But life goes on and we live on. Does Yap think think they are are the only ones to lose a beloved dog. We all lose them but we still get on with our lives.

Also what I said is the truth how do know that those words may be just the words to bring Yap out of this state.

Those words stand a dog is not a child and Yap needs professional help.

See a Doctor, lovey. We all go through this grief shit and it's really really horrible (isnt it just the worst thing, lovey) but whether it be a two legged or 4 legged friend, you need to speak to someone. It really will help in the long run

Sometimes there seems to be no light at the end of the tunnel but everyday is a journey and your beloved dog would want you to continue on your path and find a way to enjoy your life again. Your dog may not be with you any more but you certainly carry the love and memories you shared in your heart, as Raz said please speak to somebody as grief feels so suffocating and it helps to find a sympathetic ear :thumbsup:

I only have one little thing to add, apart from reinforcing the advice of others to seek professional help.

We all know in our heads that loved ones will die or even get sick and die before they have lived a long and happy life. However, when a loved dies violently or through what is perceived as the negligence of another, it can be much harder to come to grips with.

Everyone makes mistakes and if this vet has made a mistake it is a dreadful shame that he can't acknowledge it and try to make amends by admitting it.

I am sorry you are in so much pain.

apart from all the truly excellent advice given in this thread, i'm thinking the same here with mother moocher --- yap, you have a blockage in your thought process and until you can settle that issue, you won't get past it and your grief will be prolonged and dreadful, preventing any chance of you properly grieving for the loss of your beautiful dog...

start with your doctor, they will after listening to your plight know a suitably qualified practitioner to help you compartmentalise so you can on one side commence the normal grieving process, and on the other, help you become stronger and able to think more clearly and objectively...

you simply must get help yap; you're no use to anyone, much less yourself, while you are like this...

take good care of you yap :laugh:

Yaps, it must be terribly had to deal with but I think you need more help to release the anger you have and I think that may help with you being able to move on through the grieving process.

Money will not bring back your dog or your happiness, and chances are it would do no damage to the vet or the business if you did sue.

When you lose someone you love it does feel like you will never be happy again but it will happen. One of my best friends (human) was killed in June and at the time all I could do was cry pretty much all day, then it got to just crying whenever I though about him or he was mentioned, it slowly went down to not crying as much and now 6 months on, while I miss him everyday and wish he was still around I am dealing with my grief, when it happens though you feel like you will never be happy again and how could you possibly every have fun or laugh again when they aren't here.

But I agree with other people, you might want to go talk to someone about it, because if it happened in September and you aren't feeling any better now it might be a good idea to talk to someone who is experienced in counselling people who have suffered a loss.

Hugs to you monique89, it is coming up to the 11th anniversary of my best friends death as a result of a horrible accident and at times it still hurts when I think about him but I can also laugh and smile when I think of him too, also now I have allowed myself to accept that he through his own stupidity caused his own death but he was doing something he loved at the time.

A dog is not a child.

You need to seek medical attention.

Very cruel and heartless response Oakway. We KNOW our dogs are not human children but they are our 'family' none the less. Most on here view their dogs as their furKIDS and we ALL suffer the same grief in losing a beloved pet as we do a human relative. There is also NO TIME LIMIT on grief.

Cruel, heartless, I don't think so. Cruel and heartless is when you lose your new baby son at 5 days of age.

But life goes on and we live on. Does Yap think think they are are the only ones to lose a beloved dog. We all lose them but we still get on with our lives.

Also what I said is the truth how do know that those words may be just the words to bring Yap out of this state.

Those words stand a dog is not a child and Yap needs professional help.

I have removed my post as reading further down I realize Yap is just heartbroken badly

reading between the lines I think she needs to come on here with dog lovers and people who understand her pain

and get full on support she needs

Edited by Poodlecrazy

Hugs to you Yaps :laugh:

I think the only thing that will heal your pain just a little is time. I lost a daughter to suicide 4 years ago and its definately true what they say about "time being the greatest healer".

Whether its grief for another human or beloved pet...its still a grieving process you have to go through and only time will take that pain away little by little.

You can't compare grief and say one is worse. The situation might sound worse when put next to each other, but it doesn't mean that the person who went through the 'lesser' thing feels any different to what the other person is feeling.

I'm sorry for the things that some people have experienced here. It must be a truly terrible thing to feel. But I know when I lose Orbit, for me, it will be the worse thing I can imagine and it's quite possible that I will go through the same grief you have gone through with your losses. I don't mean for that to offend people, but it's how it is. Just like we all have different physical pain thresh holds, I believe its the same with emotional pain.

We should be thinking of how our own losses have made us feel and then feel empathy for Yap who is clearly going through a very distressing time.

Completely agree with Stormie - we all feel things differently and have different processes for getting through the emotions.

I too think you should see a doctor and try to get some help with what you are going through. If you are or have seen a councellor and they are not helping you at all then maybe you should try a different one.

I don't want to sound cruel, but the grief of losing a pet is something we naturally expect to go through.

We hope our pets have a long healthy life but even in the best case scenario we are almost certain to face the grief of losing them when we take on a pet.

I know that how we cope and get through it will vary greatly but if someone isn't coping at all after months of grieving than they really need some good professional help.

I do believe that it has to be harder to cope with losing a child, friend, sibling, partner etc who we have the basic assumption will grow old with us or in the case of child will be organising our funeral not the other way around.

I can accept the fact that my dogs and cats will die while I'm alive, I find it upsetting but I accept it.

I can accept that my husband might die before me..but on a good day hope I don't have to face that for another 2-3 decades!

I can't accept that thought with my children and would do anything I could to make sure they outlive me!!

That is the difference for me anyway.

Condolences Yaps, I hope you feel better soon :rofl:

:rofl::rofl:

So sorry to hear of your loss.

Anger, and trying to find answers or blame someone is a NORMAL part of greiving process, albeit very painful.

Maybe ring Lifeline honey, just to have a chat and BIG CRY....group therapy also works wonders.

Years ago (before we had internet) , we had a locum vet tell us to give Panadol. :rofl: Our dog fell really ill, and we looked at prosecution ONLY if to stop this BAD practitioner. We decided to just tell the usual vet (who was in the UK when we went to his vet surgery at the time of the locum), and ANY OTHER VET, so that the person's name could be known to the local body of Vet's. This way, no need to go into prosecution and give YOURSELF extra greif and misery, but the person in fault becomes known.

I hope and pray that your pain will ease with time. Doesn't mean you will ever forget your beloved pet.

I don't want to sound cruel, but the grief of losing a pet is something we naturally expect to go through.

We hope our pets have a long healthy life but even in the best case scenario we are almost certain to face the grief of losing them when we take on a pet.

I know that how we cope and get through it will vary greatly but if someone isn't coping at all after months of grieving than they really need some good professional help.

I do believe that it has to be harder to cope with losing a child, friend, sibling, partner etc who we have the basic assumption will grow old with us or in the case of child will be organising our funeral not the other way around.

I can accept the fact that my dogs and cats will die while I'm alive, I find it upsetting but I accept it.

I can accept that my husband might die before me..but on a good day hope I don't have to face that for another 2-3 decades!

I can't accept that thought with my children and would do anything I could to make sure they outlive me!!

That is the difference for me anyway.

Condolences Yaps, I hope you feel better soon :rofl:

I think you have hit the nail on the head with the difference

we do expect to out live our pets but we do not expect to out live our kids

when I have lost my pets I cry and cry and my heart feels broken to

I do feel greatly for Yaps the pain is real

I do think the best thing for loss of a human a pet be dog rabbit bird etc is talk

more talk till you can't talk anymore then you start to focus at the good times you had together

and not the loss

Of course this all takes time and effects everyone differently

Edited by Poodlecrazy

Hugs to you monique89, it is coming up to the 11th anniversary of my best friends death as a result of a horrible accident and at times it still hurts when I think about him but I can also laugh and smile when I think of him too, also now I have allowed myself to accept that he through his own stupidity caused his own death but he was doing something he loved at the time.

Thanks, it was so hard at the time and if you told me back then that I would be functioning pretty much normally in 6 months I never would have believed it. It is always so hard when it happens suddenly or violently like someone else said. I'm so sorry that you lost your best friend too.