Top 10 Surgically Removed From Pets

FB removals always make for interesting surgery.

The funniest one I've seen was a cat that had eaten a tampon :laugh:

The worst was a swab which had been accidently left behind during another surgery (at a different clinic) several weeks prior.

i should add the great aussie budgie smugglers>> a friend had a foster maremma who after several months vomited up budgie smugglers... identifiable but not one of her family had them.. so we assume they had lurked somewhere in the dog until they returned to the light of day

H

Edited by dogbesotted

Looks like we're pretty safe *touch wood* - my boy thinks before he swallows (or thats what he'd like us to believe :) ). The closest we got is #8 when he swallowed a whole chicken neck a couple of weeks ago - no incidents though.

Would be good if there's a breed breakdown (labradors - bones 50%, sticks 20% etc) as I believe some breeds are fussy with their food.

lol good topic :dropjaw:

We had a dog chew up a cassette once during the night and then the next morning we found a whole heap of the string stuff everywhere. Off to the vets we went with our boy to get it removed.

Was quite funny though as the vet had a thing in the paper at the end of the year of all different things that dogs had come in with and yep our dog was on that list and even named with what he did. I guess it was kind of name the dog and shame them for their naughty habits. :rofl:

However he never chewed anything up again after that :D dont really blame him either

I had a 11 week old puppy have surgery to remove grass and hair. :/

Luckily my other dogs can swallow and pass - Pine needles, hair bands, fake fingernails, cling wrap, whole birds, small bits of plastic, stuffing from toys and a myriad of other things. Most I only find out about when I do a pick up, though the bird thing was witnessed. Thought the dog would get really sick and was watching like a hawk, but they were just fine.

lol good topic :D

We had a dog chew up a cassette once during the night and then the next morning we found a whole heap of the string stuff everywhere. Off to the vets we went with our boy to get it removed.

Was quite funny though as the vet had a thing in the paper at the end of the year of all different things that dogs had come in with and yep our dog was on that list and even named with what he did. I guess it was kind of name the dog and shame them for their naughty habits. :confused:

However he never chewed anything up again after that :thumbsup: dont really blame him either

:laugh: Did you clip the article and put it up in his kennel? Billie took a shine to a lightbulb one day (luckily no surgery required in the end) and several times when I've taken her to the vet for something else, I've been sitting quietly in the waiting room when a nurse pipes up with 'excuse me, am I reading this right? A lightbulb?'. Cue red-faced nod from me and stifled giggles from other people waiting. We'll never live it down. :o

I am very careful with my hosiery as Billie would snaffle any worn item given half a chance.

Quest has had to be taken to the vet for eating things so many times that in the end the vet told me what to use to do it at home. She has a pill fetish and no matter how careful I am she used to always be getting into something. Has matured a little nowadays that goodness, took until she was 6yrs!

My dogs have eaten just about everything. Thankfully though they all seem to have iron stomachs and everything has passed through eventually. Our Dane has a sock fetish and I am forever picking up pooped-out socks. Blerk! She also swalled a denim gardening glove once but that obviously didn't go down right, so she threw it back up - at which point Champa pounced on it and swallowed it. And yep, picked that up in the poops the next day. Champa's speciality though is stone fruit - we used to have a plum tree and he would climb the tree to get the fruit. I think the record was six stones in one poop - OUCH!

It's weird, one of my dogs get a serious bowel blockage if they so much as look at something indelible, the other one has eaten fresh concrete, liquid nails, Barbie parts, string, toys, ball parts - you name it, it's been eaten. Everything passes through without a hitch.

Something a little different for removal, my dad's Samoyed ate 2 x 50 cent coins!!!!! Of course they got lodged in the small intestine and had to be surgically removed.

I have DDB's and a Pointer, I can always tell which poo belongs to the Pointer. His is always colourful!!!!!!

I can't get over this show I watched a while ago, this dog ate so many white big pebbles from outside it was the scariest thing. I reckon there was at least 50 in there

Hank my beloved boxer had a stick lodged in there, seriously thought he wouldn't make it but he did.

One of my friends said their dog ate a V can I just cannot comprehend, she was totally fine though (checked out of course).