19yr Old Intentionally Hits Swan On His Jetski

Clyde

Whenever I see things like this, I wonder how the parents of these people react. It would sicken me if it was my flesh and blood behaving in such a manner. :laugh:

Parents?

Who would want to put their hand up and claim this trash as their own?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whenever I see things like this, I wonder how the parents of these people react. It would sicken me if it was my flesh and blood behaving in such a manner. :laugh:

Parents?

Who would want to put their hand up and claim this trash as their own?

Real parents would be ashamed of the actions of their son, but real parents would still put their hands up. As hurtful as it may be.

This real parent would not be in a hurry to claim it, and the jet ski would be sold, real quick. :laugh:

You were almost making it sound as if it was the parents fault they brought this person into the world.

Dont sound out all parents just because YOU would have a hard time claiming someone like him as your son.

The jet ski cant be sold real quick. It is part of a criminal investigation

This real parent would not be in a hurry to claim it, and the jet ski would be sold, real quick. :laugh:

You were almost making it sound as if it was the parents fault they brought this person into the world.

Dont sound out all parents just because YOU would have a hard time claiming someone like him as your son.

The jet ski cant be sold real quick. It is part of a criminal investigation

:shrug:

No, I did not mean to make it sound as if it was the parents fault, not at all!

These actions were the deliberate actions of a 19 year old MAN, not a baby whose parents were still teaching him how to live.

His parents are not responsible. He is.

He is responsible for his own actions and in no way do I think it is the fault of the parents. We all get to make choices, and at 19 he chose very badly when he saw that swan.

Yes, I do understand that the jet ski is part of the investigation, but after the trial he would not be getting it back if he lived under my roof. It would be sold, if the court hadn't already ordered that it be sold.

Souff

I would claim him alright and wack his backside all the way home! Oh and then sell his jetski-when possible- and make him donate the "cash" and hand it over himself.

My Dad always told me I was never to big to get a smack on the bum if required!

I didn't see the footage, & I am bloody glad I didn't cause it would haunt me at night when I am trying to go to sleep. I would end up in tears. When I hear things like this it makes me ashamed to call myself part of the human race. This incredibility poor excuse for a 'man' is a waste of oxygen & I hope he gets everything that is coming to him. :p Karma is a wonderful thing at times. The poor, poor swan, such a beautiful, harmless, creature. Hope it is going to pull through. :o

The poor, poor swan, such a beautiful, harmless, creature. Hope it is going to pull through. :D

I think that is why I was so very angry when I read this. Swans are amongst the most beautiful, graceful and peaceful of birds. To me, they are a symbol of serenity.

For any creature to be deliberately mown down by a young moronic masochist on a jet ski is just insane ... :):laugh: :D

I've deliberately avoided this thread for obvious reasons :):rofl: , but clicked on the last post to see if the swan had survived. The injuries sound horrific, but it sounds as those she is in the hands of a very experienced vet. Hopefully she can recover and live a life free of pain.

He was determined he was going to get the swan and was happy when he did. I would like to see that same person in the middle of a water way

with a boat coming straight for him and see what his thoughts are. But at least he has been caught, be interesting to see if he gets a good fine

or just a slap on the wrist like most cruelty cases that go to court. I hope Karma pays him back.

I hope he gets a prison sentence and lands in a cell with someone who was caught fiddling the books for WIRES.

:o what a fine specimen of a person, how proud his parents must be, another sociopath in the making

Yes, it is scary isn't it and wishing for a prison sentence isn't going to alleviate that. What on earth is the answer.

sell his jet ski to pay for the vet bills for starters,ban him from ever driving one for life ,parade him down the middle of surfers with a sandwich board on newyears eve when theres heaps of people around who just might want to take revenge for the swan.comunity service cleaning out cages at shelters anything to humiliate the scum.

I'd like to see some sort of actions against him and showed him to be a cruel coward, but I wouldn't let him anywhere near animals.

Update on her here. Currumbin Sanctuary has a FB page. They are asking for donations - in a fair world, the cruel @### who ran her down should pay for her vet bills. Jet skis got (thankfully) banned on Sydney harbour due to a few rednecks harrassing the penguin colony some years ago.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Currumbin-Wi...ll&viewas=0

eta: They have named her Cassie.

the vet on youtube talking about her injuries and treatment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_qTZTkzYKg...player_embedded

Edited by Ripley

Another very sad incident. I've always hated jet skis.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/...x-1225983798212

THE killing of a dolphin calf off a Victorian beach has led to tourist operators calling for more protection for the mammals from boats and jet skis over summer.

A two-month-old dolphin was found dead on the Portsea Back Beach south of Melbourne last week.

The baby dolphin had suffered significant internal injuries, most likely caused by a boat or jet-ski, authorities said.

Director of Moonraker Dolphin Swims in nearby Sorrento, Torie Mackinnon, said only last week she witnessed a "horrific" incident in which more than 20 jet-skiers were driving at a group of dolphins and their calves just off Rye.

"It was the worst thing I have ever seen," she said.

"We saw children jumping off their jet-skies onto pods of dolphins trying to grab their fins as they were swimming away. Some of the dolphins we have seen are less than five days old."

et-ski traffic in southern Port Phillip Bay had doubled since last summer, making the problem worse, she said.

Meanwhile, policing of the waters around the popular tourist spot by authorities has not kept up.

"They (wildlife officers) are stretched so thin across the ground they can't physically drive around southern Port Phillip Bay for the summer months ensuring that the dolphins are not being harassed," she said.

Troy Muir of Polperro Dolphin Swims said he also witnessed the incident and had seen others.

"This is not a once off, this happens quite regularly," he said.

He believes many people were ignorant about laws that stop boats from getting within 100 metres from dolphins and jet-skis 300 metres.

He said people needed to be educated about the consequences of their actions around such gentle creatures.

"Have an awareness that it's not just our playground, it's a habitat for lots of species, particularly the dolphins and seals," he said.

Department of Sustainability and Environment senior compliance officer Glenn Sharp said the best way to protect dolphins was to get the message out to the public to observe them from the legal distance.

"Just because we ask people to stay 100 metres away from dolphins doesn't mean they're not going to see a dolphin. It means they are going to interact with a dolphin safely and on the dolphin's terms, not theirs," he said.

People who ignore the laws face on-the-spot fines of $176 and in more serious cases people can be criminally charged and fined more than $100,000.

• 3 months later...

*Update*

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/newsh...r-fined-11-000/

A Gold Coast teenager who used a jet ski to run down a black swan that later died has been fined more than $11,000 and ordered to perform 180 hours of community service.

Kale Francis Falchi, 19, had no conviction recorded against him and escaped a jail term when he appeared before Southport Magistrate Brian Kucks for sentencing on Tuesday.

However Mr Kucks ordered Falchi, who will soon be on a full wage after completing a carpentry apprenticeship, to repay Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary $11,060 compensation for costs.

The sanctuary spent four months trying to save the swan after it was severely injured on Boxing Day last year.

The magistrate told Falchi he had shown a "callous disregard" for the swan's welfare, and owed a debt to society.

In a statement to the court, Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary vet Dr Michael Pine said despite their best efforts Cassie the swan had to be euthanased on April 4.

"Her will to live captured the emotion of all the staff who treated her," he said.

Mr Kucks said the teenager probably would not have been caught if it wasn't for the fact that the attack was filmed on video.

"If I could, I would make you carry out your community work with the RSPCA or the Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary, but it's up to Corrective Services to make that decision," he told Falchi.

Outside the court, Ian Hulme who filmed the incident, told reporters the swan's young could still be heard pining for her at night.

But despite the brutality of the incident he said he wasn't sad to see Falchi get off a prison term.

"He's a young kid who's made a mistake and I don't think jail would have highlighted it for him anyway, but I'm glad the animal hospital's getting the compensation, and hopefully he'll remember this and won't ever do anything like it again."

Senior Constable Les Murphy from Gold Coast Water Police said he's been in the job for 20 years and stopped wondering years ago about people's capacity for cruelty.

"I'd just like to thank the members of the public who assisted our inquiries because without them this may not have happened today," he said.