Endurance Test 2011 Thread

Rarely get onto DOL these days but someone told me about this thread!!

I had no idea there were so many DOLers entered- sad now as the only one I knew was CC lol.

I had the little Border terrier in case you don't have sigs turned on :p was a great day- my first ET and I don't think it will be the last!! We have 3 other dogs to start training up now lol. Once I've recovered from today that is!! My knees and ankles are goingto be very angry tomorrow I'm sure.

Was a great event and big thank you to the GSDCV for putting it on, the coffee & soup was very much appreciated and how gorgeous was the weather! Thank you to the judges and the stewards (especially the one who lent me the spare bike after mine broke down.... Next time will be buying a quality bike not my cheapy!!!) and the committee.

Extremely proud of my boy, now to be known as Champion Glenbogle Kiss Chasey ET (he is the 5th Glenbogle Border terrier to pass this test), just kept going and behaved so well.

And of course congratulations to everyone who competed!! A great bunch of people :)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Congrats to everyone who passed today, what a great bunch of people we had at Altona today :D

This is Tommyspazz's Rajko and my Chili after the ET - unfortunately we didn't get our ribbons today for them to pose with

aaetIMG_1223829x676.jpg

I'll definitely be back next year, with a different dog - its been such good fun training for the ET and my nerves aside, it was a nice title to achieve

What a great day today at Altona. Great to meet CC and SS. Did not get to meet Tommyspazz and ish. You both should have come up and said hello! :)

Spikespuppy, good to have you in my class. You should be very proud of how your little dog worked.

Weather could not have been better.

The GSDCV put on a great event and a lot of hard work went into it. A job really well done. Marilyn has it all down to a fine art.

It was a pleasure to judge today. Thank you all for your entries and for supporting the event.

M

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone bought a springer or walky dog attachment for their initial training and no longer need it? We are looking to buy 2 second hand ones and I thought of this thread.

PM me if you do in case I forget to come back in here :)

Edited by DeltaCharlie

Congrats to all who did the ET at Altona. We were planning on joining you but the timing was just not right this year (girls and their seasons...)

Oh well, there's always next year!!!

Congratulations to the newly titled dogs - sounds like it was a pretty successful day for DOLers - competitors and judge :)

DC, some people do use a bike attachment, but I personally haven't. Have just started them (in a friend's huge driveway) off lead, then gone straight to the lead/harness that I've used/plan to use in the ET test. Has worked fine for 3 of mine, and a coulle of friends dogs. One less thing to buy ;)

Yeh some of ours would be fine to just start off beside the bike but some of them have an obsession with trying to bite wheels LOL. We have worked hard at desensitising but would like the added assurance that they aren't going to be able to suddenly dart at our wheels LOL. Should add, this isn't to train for ET, purely for exercise and we would likely have a few dogs with us at a time so would make things easier if some were on an attachment.

Congratulations to everyone who participated in the GSDCV's ET on Saturday, I heard that it was a wonderful morning and a very successful one for all who participated :thumbsup:

Well done for all the hard work you all put in with your dogs, its addictive!!!

OK so I'm sure it's been asked and answered before, but too hard to search for it :o

What is the difference between ET/Vims and ET/Montemelia (sp?)

There is an ET in WA in September where the ET is on Saturday I believe, and the other parts of the test on Sunday (don't quote me on that!) Does that mean that any breed can partake in the ET on Saturday (obviously not doing the Sunday stuff as I believe that is for GSD's only??) I'm just not sure if the ET part is GSD only or not! Any help would be appreciated! :) Thanks.

The same question came up last year :laugh: It is an impressive test!

1.5 weeks to go until our ET... Provided the little miss doesn't come into season! It'd be pretty typical of Soaks if she did! Fingers crossed we get there!

Today we did 10.5km with a 15 minute break at 6km... I couldn't be happier!

The same question came up last year :laugh: It is an impressive test!

1.5 weeks to go until our ET... Provided the little miss doesn't come into season! It'd be pretty typical of Soaks if she did! Fingers crossed we get there!

Today we did 10.5km with a 15 minute break at 6km... I couldn't be happier!

Well done, have fingers & paws crossed Soaks waits till after you do the ET :D

We had our vet check the Thursday before our ET last Saturday, no worries with my bitch - she wasn't due for a season anyway after having been in last in March. She vetted fine at the ET and passed. We drove an hour and a half home afterwards and when she got out of the car, she had a blood spot on her back leg and yep, in season :eek: Talk about lucky!

We had our vet check the Thursday before our ET last Saturday, no worries with my bitch - she wasn't due for a season anyway after having been in last in March. She vetted fine at the ET and passed. We drove an hour and a half home afterwards and when she got out of the car, she had a blood spot on her back leg and yep, in season :eek: Talk about lucky!

And another E.T. title to you ish for.....Excellent Timing! :laugh:

(Sorry, couldn't resist that one!)

M