Saying Farewell To My Old Girl.

Gayle.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I'm so sorry to read this Gayle :laugh: Big hugs to you and your family during this hard time :laugh::thumbsup: The oldies certainly hold a special place in the heart!! And what a grand old age of 17 - what a very lucky girl she was to have you and your family!!!

Wow... 17 years old... what a wonderful life :hug: And really, what more could a dog ask for?

I'm so sorry that you have to let your beloved furry go - it's always such a hard decision to make, big hugs from all of us.

I hope that your old girl passes happily and peacefully, surrounded by those she has loved the most.

My girl is booked in for her visit to the rainbow bridge on Sat 29/1. Her mobility has really gone downhill over the past 2 weeks. We have family flying in from all over the country for mum's b'day this weekend so the following weekend is the earliest I can do it and be a mess. Of course if she deteriorates significantly before then I will move it forward. Never thought I'd be planning ahead like this. Seems quite surreal. She will be a week short of 16 and a half.

My husband got his wish, he was so unhappy about taking her to the vet and so adamant she'd go peacefully at home. And she did. Our dear old girl passed away quietly in her sleep this morning.

RIP Kassy Nov 1 1993 - Jan 20 2011. Rest quietly, my friend.

My husband got his wish, he was so unhappy about taking her to the vet and so adamant she'd go peacefully at home. And she did. Our dear old girl passed away quietly in her sleep this morning.

RIP Kassy Nov 1 1993 - Jan 20 2011. Rest quietly, my friend.

Oh Gayle... big hugs.

In the end I was kind of glad he talked me out of it. I got to give Kassy a few final days, which she spent on a fur rug. She slept for most of it but every Noe and then she'd wake up and we'd help her to the garden.

She loved her fur rug and every time one of us passed her we'd tuck it around her and make sure she was comfy. She didn't suffer, she just quietly slipped away.

She will be buried in our paddock tonight. She loved going to the paddock for a play and to bark at the chooks. So that will be her final resting place.

Thank you for keeping us up to date. I am so sorry that you had to let your girl go. :thumbsup: There is something very special about letting her go when it was her natural time. Unfortunately most of us are not allowed that option. I am pleased to hear that she went quietly.

She obviously achieved her mission in life as it is very clear how much she was loved. A part of your heart will go with her but a part of her will always be with you. Good luck with your healing. :D

Edited by cornell