A Licker!

lovemesideways

Bitty is! OH taught her!

If he says "Give Daddy a kiss" she'll lick his cheek. If she does something bad or steps on him etc he'll say "Apologise Beedoon" and she'll lick his hand.

Cutest thing is when he says "Who does a Bitty love best" and she'll jump all over him and lick his entire face! :laugh:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Have I got a licker! My female Stafford is absolutely obsessed with feet - particularly my husbands! Eugh!!

She sits and waits in anticipation when he arrives home from work, staring at his socked feet, poised and waiting for him to remove the socks so that she can get to work!!!! Gross!!!

Have I got a licker! My female Stafford is absolutely obsessed with feet - particularly my husbands! Eugh!!

She sits and waits in anticipation when he arrives home from work, staring at his socked feet, poised and waiting for him to remove the socks so that she can get to work!!!! Gross!!!

:):rofl:

Charlie loves feet too, though he isn't quite as obsessed as your Staffy. He prefers non clean feet, but particularly likes the sides of feet. He will occasionally go for a quick arm slurp if he is super excited. :laugh:

Our family dog (many years ago now) had a foot fetish, my 3 older brothers would be sitting on the couch (they were around 8, 10, 12, ) and lick their feet, paying particular attention to in between their toes. Ewwww. :)

Erik is when he's in a cuddle mood. When he's not cuddling he rarely does it. Kivi does when he's in a relaxed, cuddly mood as well, but to a lesser extent. Erik would lick constantly when he was cuddling if you let him. We are tolerant to it, but we have our limits!

Guest english.ivy

Ivy tries to be a licker but I don't like it and she gets a stern no and a cuddle instead.

She sometimes sneaks in a quick lick before you realise she's about to do it. I find being licked by a dog to be gross. They eat raw meat and cat poo [sometimes].

I have to wash my hands after playing tug-o-war as Badg slobbers on his toys. Badger doesn't really lick.

YES! Chloe is a licker! It's one of her loves in life.... but she really only compulsively licks my mum and dad. She LOVES to lick their arms and legs and will try her best. Once seated, she considers them fair licking game. She will even use her nose to nudge pants or long shorts out the way.

And if you have an injury or wound of ANY kind, she will try to lick that... we call her Nurse Chloe, she will try to quickly attend to scabs,cuts,grazes and has been known to pull off bandaids to try to get to them...

But we love her :laugh:

Nope - I knocked that behaviour on the head as a pup as its not something I want my dog to be doing.

We made the mistake of I guess sort of encouraging licking when we were trying to discourage biting. We would say, no biting, and then if he started to lick, we would say, oh good boy, nice and gentle etc etc and so now he's always looking for some tongue action. He's hardly excessive though. His favourite time is first thing in the morning, where given half a chance he will lick your whole face and particularly your mouth. This is quite unpleasant, but my partner and I will from time to time ask the dog to do it to the other one, like you say, where's such and such? in a super excited voice. And he will run over and lick them to death and laughing ensues. The rest of the time you might get the occasional lick if he's feeling super affectionate, but it's not a wet lick and he looks up at you with his big beautiful eyes whilst he does it so it's kinda special. He only licks me and my partner anyway so we've decided it's a special thing, and my partner will still call me over almost every time he gets licked because he's so happy that my dog likes him so much now.

He will lick your legs after the shower though if you let him, and the wet floor where you've stepped.

Sadly yes, I own Licky Micky :hug: Apparently, my Mum tastes better than anyone, he's obsessed with her. Not OCD but ACD LOL.

Old Pippy (RIP), one of my fosters, was not really a licker but more Jar Jar Binks impersonator. She'd wait until you weren't paying attention and then jump up while simultaneously sticking her really long tongue right in your mouth .......GROSS!

S

Edited by Sheilaheel02

Yep all 4 of my dogs will lick to a certain extent, but my old girl Jessie is absolutely obsessed with it, she will try & lick our faces, our feet, our legs when we get out of the shower & when we pull her up on it, she will then start on the other dogs, & lick there faces till they are saturated. Yuck!! :hug: (the other dogs all seem to love it though).

My other girl Brandy will jump up to the back of our chair, & likes to lick our necks & then tries to stick her tongue in our ear :rofl::rofl: She's a little bit of a comedian. :eek:

The 2 boys aren't really too licky, but like to give us a kiss every now & then. :D

Phoenix is a leg licker after showers she loves it, she also walks around the bathroom licking the floors :hug:

Also she loves to run up to any of our other animals ie: cats and dogs and lick their faces for about 5 minutes straight. She isn't a big person licker although she does from time to time.

Edited by Keira&Phoenix

Yep Tahli does it, not OCD or anything but she loves the hands. She does it mainly when I get home from work or after I have fed her. I don't mind it but has to stop once it goes on for too long :hug:

I have lickers here too. For those who said they were able to train it out of their pups could you share your technique please? I have one in particular that drives everyone NUTS.