Kangaroo Dogs

kels84

hi Guys

i was just looking on the forum and could not see any post on Roo dogs,

we were down in Fremantle the other day with our furry kids and we saw a greyhound dog, our pup which is only 21 weeks was near on the same size and her paws were almost twice the size.

She has had a real prey drive since the day we got her

if any body has any info or links to info it would be much appreciated

know body seems to really know what she is the vet was baffled

thanks

kel, slinky and frank

post-37981-1296652031_thumb.jpg

Are you saying that at 21 weeks she already has the height of an adult greyhound and her paws are twice the size?

Likely she will look like a giant greyhound as an adult do you think?

You just never know what will pop up in the genetic lottery of cross breeding - maybe when she finishes growing you will be able to see the other parts of her mix and maybe not.

She has a pretty face in the pic!

yeh as above they are like pig dogs... the name is the purpose- they are greys mized with anything big so they are fast as hell and tough and used to hunt roos - pig dogs are a bully breed cross used to hunt pigs.

Apparently sweet dogs generally and ur girl seems to fit that bill :( i would watch her cats bahaha

Guest bigdogg

They used to be used for that..

It is illegal now.. There are a few 'old' stories on there.

They are now mainly used for foxes and rabbits.

She could be a Grey (not saying I think she is) but I have seen so much size and shape variation in the breed (racing dogs) that she could be. She looks just like quite a few we've have had at the kennels. She is very pretty though.

thanks for the feed back guys, and thanks Black Dog in WA

Slinkys is really amazing me with how intelligent she is and eager to please she can sit stay shake on either paw, lay down and almost rollover "had her doing it after 10 minutes but she needs a bit more work"

and she is getting better when she takes off after birds she comes as soon as I call her, so yes im a proud parent, well not as embarrassed as I use to be.i have been on that kangaroodog site and there is a dog called ringo looks similar what do you all think ?????????????

post-37981-1297080056_thumb.jpg

Guest bigdogg

A lot of the lines of roo dog are in WA..

If you contact the admin of that site, they may be able to help you more..

He has a couple of roodogs himself.. I know him personally - good bloke..

• 3 months later...

Many years ago I visited a station near Alice Springs and had the pleasure of meeting two of the most beautiful Roo dogs, soon afterwards I became the proud owner of a Greyhound x, she was the most gentle easy going dog I have ever owned. They are part of Australias pioneering history and there used to be farmers who put a lot of care in developing some good lines.