Caesar 28/8/02 - 26/2/11

Caesars mum

Today we had to make the hardest and easiest decision. Caesar has gone down hill so fast and unfortunately loving them can't fix some things. But the time had long come to set you free from pain and illness. the good days had gone and you were ready and I had to man up and be kind.

While my heart is breaking at my lose, he is finally at peace and free from illness that has plaqued him for too long.

He was a beautiful naughty adolescent when he came to me and wormed his way into my family's hearts, he loved his family both skin and fur and was just a brilliant teacher for Nala and he took her under his paw and look out for her even as a small puppy he adored her, she will miss him as much as we do.

He loved to snuggle up on the couch or bed with you or lay out in the sun while you worked in the yard.

Sleep easy my big boy, run free and happy at the bridge and know that you have a piece of our hearts with you always.

No amount of preparation can prepare you for how much it's going to hurt, how empty you will feel.

I'm so sorry for the loss of your lovely boy, sounds like he had an awesome life.

It's hard when they are ill... you invest so much time and effort into doing what you can to keep them well - so sometimes when the time comes, it's that much more painful, even though you know it's coming.

Hugs to you all.

RIP Caesar.

• 3 weeks later...

Caesar'smum, a number of us are going through the same thing, you are not alone!

They have such an impact in our lives, and leave a huge hole when they are gone, but all we can do is be strong for them and let them go when it is time, and remember all the joyous memories they have given us over the years and the way they have enriched our lives beyond imagining.

Run free gorgeous big fella, keep an eye out for my Kuges, and the other handful of much loved newbies there at the moment and keep each other company until we join you.

• 2 weeks later...