Archie The Aussie

Naomi

Ever since I was a little girl I have wanted my own dog. But my Mum, not being an animal person never let me have the responsibility of owning a dog (there was lots of tears over the matter when I was younger).

When I was independent of Mum, I had to wait just tiny bit longer until I was in a place that was suitable for a dog. It all fell into place at the same time. It was meant to be! My OH and I were offered a place that was dog friendly, and the same weekend we found out we had this place I was contacted by Kerry from Ngalla, saying that she had a litter on the ground and asked if I was interested. I had registered my interest with Kerry a long time earlier, and I had been asked a couple of times before but the time was not right and I had to say no. This time I realised I could say yes, so that's what I did!!

I've already shared my boy with the Aussie people in the breed sub forum, and the people in the 'Waiting for a Puppy' thread. But thought that he should be shared with the rest of DoL.

We went to see the litter when they were 1 week old. For my OH, this was his first time meeting the breed in person. He fell in love instantly.

When we went back to visit when they were 4 weeks old we fell in love with one pup in particular...

5439986171_045a57baa3.jpg

5439986403_51be761bf0.jpg

When they were about 5 weeks old it was decided that the black tri boy would be ours and we named him Archer. I have been calling him Archie though. :banghead:

We went back to visit again when they were 6 weeks old. It was so fun and we could start to see the differences in personalities. I loved Archie's personality and I was very confident in my choice. Plus he is a super cutie. How could you not love this face?

5478557638_1c8f1f637b.jpg

Here is a short video of Archie when he was 6 weeks: link

But he is home now! He was so good in the car ride home. Got a little sick but otherwise he was great. He's had a look around and seems to have settled in okay. He's ventured into the crate a few times but at the moment he is sleeping outside the crate. :banghead:

Edited by Naomi

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kitkat, I will definitely join the 52 weeks thread! We have had three people visit him. I wasn't going to allow visitors on the first day home but he has settled in so well.

He hasn't had a single accident. He has been asleep a lot of the time. :)

At first he wasn't sleeping in the crate he was sleeping outside it. :shrug:

5517065558_0d94bd40b4.jpg

5516476517_e87151283f.jpg

5517065806_b474842eee.jpg

5516476775_d7b98b0e2b.jpg

Isn't he just beautiful. I love his nature. He also seems to really like belly rubs. So cute!

Thanks everyone! Archie fits in so well here. :cry:

My first night was pretty good. A bit of crying at first, but putting my hand near the crate seemed to calm him pretty quickly. A few potty runs and then he slept through to 7:30!

Of course I'm still pretty tired due to the interrupted sleep but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Trying to get him use to his collar. He doesn't seem to like it. I've only had it on him for ten or so minutes. But I've been teaching him some sitting today and he is catching on really fast. And he knows that the crate is definitely his bed. He is great! :hug: