Dog Walking Accidents

Ons

tonight got to the path leading to my front door, and the dogs saw a cat sitting in the garden who proceeded to run. I was holding onto them with all my might, my foot slipped on the wet path causing me to fall backwards, and my lower back went straight into the brick work of the window sill - ouch is an understatement!

what's your worse accident - might cheer me up to see mine is probably very minor!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ouch that sounds mighty painful.

I was at the dog beach and a rather playful dog ran straight into my son today causing him to face plant into lots of soft sand. he looked like a sand monster when he got up (he's 2) i found it funny he didn't though and i had to clean him up.

One time I was jogging with Kivi using a walking belt. He was a pace behind me and I forgot to remind him to pass a signpost on "this side" and so we went on either side and the first we knew about it was when we were both nearly jerked off our feet when the loose leash snapped tight. Ow. Kivi and I exchanged pained looks and took a few moments to recover. Not as bad as yours, though.

But this one time I was doing field work in the bush and had a Harrier trot out of the bush right up to me with a leash attached. Intriguing... I picked up the leash and walked him back with me to the carpark, wondering what I was going to do with him. Eventually I saw someone on a bike calling out and we caught them up and it was indeed her dog she was out looking for. Her husband had been walking the pair of them and put his foot in a hole, falling over and badly rolling his ankle. The dogs got loose and took off. The female got her leash caught on something pretty quickly, but the male ran several km before he found me. Hubby was at home with his foot elevated and an ice pack on it, poor thing.

I have one of those boots on now wagsalot- not very pleasant. I have to say walking the dog is rather dangerous- although its because I am so clumsy- all those hard bits of air on the flat pavement are deadly Lmao

Not quite dog walking but-

I had my dog (18kg kelpie) returning from a flyball run, and at that stage she used to jump into my arms. She didn't turn sideways like normal hit me in the chin with her head and KNOCKED ME OUT COLD!!!!! (no one realised straight away either because we had just won the race lol)

I had the TINEST little bruise on my chin and the BIGGEST headache.

There was some intensive training and she no longer jumps up at me on the way back!!

Not a walking accident, this happened in my yard - couple of dogs doing zoomies and the Whippet ran into my leg. I crumpled down, dropped my cup of coffee. Ouch, that hurt - couldn't get up so there I was wriggling along on my bum with three dogs thinking this was a great new game. End result was torn ligaments, a small bone break near the ankle and a few weeks on crutches. Beware the zoomie dogs :rofl:

I wasn't walking him, but Kyojin and I had been doing some training in the backyard. As we were coming out the front gate, I tripped over Kyojin and this huge chunk of pebbly cement (from an old letter box or something). Ended up with 6 stitches in the bottom of my foot and a tetanus shot since it was during the time of the floods so my yard was pretty manky.

ouch ouch ouch!

I also remember once that I was walking in a paddock with my mum and dad. My Onslow, a huge golden retreiver, was running behind full speed towards us, I know that he will always sidestep to avoid you. My mum didn't know this, heard Onslow running behind and moved sideways just at the same time that Onsy moved - ouch! Lucky Mum wasn't hurt :rofl:

carrying a full basket of wet washing my then staffy pup got in the way and I fell butt hard onto the concrete trying to avoid standing on her. I promptly developed an abcess on the base of my spine. Felt like a alien trying to claw its way out. It started to leak and I had an emergency op on it then had to have drains hanging out of it for 7 weeks then some pigs bit put back inside the clean drain holes so I wouldn't spend my life as part sieve. That was 3 years ago and the worst part is that the abcess ate a third of my core body muscles so I will become incontinent from both ends as I get older! YAY!

Still love my naugthy dog to bits though. She was only a rescue at the time but is my heart girl.

carrying a full basket of wet washing my then staffy pup got in the way and I fell butt hard onto the concrete trying to avoid standing on her. I promptly developed an abcess on the base of my spine. Felt like a alien trying to claw its way out. It started to leak and I had an emergency op on it then had to have drains hanging out of it for 7 weeks then some pigs bit put back inside the clean drain holes so I wouldn't spend my life as part sieve. That was 3 years ago and the worst part is that the abcess ate a third of my core body muscles so I will become incontinent from both ends as I get older! YAY!

Still love my naugthy dog to bits though. She was only a rescue at the time but is my heart girl.

:rofl: :D :eek: Oh my gosh! Who would have thought something like that could happen

Tripped over Bud (Chi) running on the beach. Did my knee and had to be on crutches for a few days and knee banadaged for a few weeks. Knee still hasn't completely healed and this happened in January.

Ouch

I hadn't had Edward long and was out walking him. I hadn't been to the behaviourist yet!! Anyway he saw a small white dog across the road and took off after it dragging me off my feet and half way across the road. I'm on my bloodied knees apologising to the poor man clutching his dog to his chest to save it from the two lunatics in the middle of the road.

haha just this arvo i was at the beach with mindy and we played tug and she was tugging quite hard and then suddenly let go. I fell on my butt into the water :rofl: The worst part was the beach was quite busy so we had quite a large audience!

haha just this arvo i was at the beach with mindy and we played tug and she was tugging quite hard and then suddenly let go. I fell on my butt into the water :rofl: The worst part was the beach was quite busy so we had quite a large audience!

:D oops! Sorry!

I've had a bloodied knee from falling over on a slimy footpath and I was once knocked flying by my dog playing chicken with me when she didn't swerve in time. I went flying in front of a lot of golfers but managed to get up and walk away with great dignity (and blood running down my leg!).

I was running with my dog and he was usually pretty great at ignoring other dogs who rushed their fences when we went past- one day though there was a new dog on the block and he stopped dead instead of keeping on running. I of course tried to avoid falling over him and ended up slipping and fell on my hands a knees. He just walked over to me and sat next to me- he knew i was kinda hurt.

I thought I'd just grazed my knees and hands and got up and kept going. Got home and my wrist was throbbing. I iced it, thought it was a sprain. turns out broken my wrist! 6 weeks in plaster.

OMG that is awful!!

Worst one I've had was when I was about 16 and was walking my friends cattle dog. He saw something on the other side of the road and took off towards it. I fell over and was dragged across the entire width of the road on my knuckles. The top of my hands were shredded!

The worst part was that I was supposed to be playing the saxophone in a school concert that week and I was desperate to get out of it (hated playing in the band). I was so thrilled when my hands were torn to shreds because I had a genuine excuse! But my hard-arse mother made me play anyway! LOL!

oh WOAH Laneka, that's HUGE!

Not me, but a friend of mine had a lab who one member of the family tripped over and broke their leg and another did the same a few months later and broke her arm!! Luckily they were all pretty humorous about it! :rofl:

Dante (Great Dane) has sent me flying once...just going for our normal walk and we stopped so he could pee on his 'pee tree', I was just standing there with the loose lead letting my mind wander and then next thing I know I'm flying....what I failed to notice was 3 cats sitting in the front yard of where his pee tree is....I ended up having to let go as there was a fallen tree he jumped over and I was about to crash into, I ended up going smack into a colour bond fence and spraining 2 fingers pretty bad....he stopped when he got to the cats as he didn't know what to do *shakes head*

Edited by MEH