Maleseb

giraffez

Malaseb is a medicated shampoo with active ingredients in there to kill stuff like malassezia (sp) on skin, some fungi and bacteria.

edit to say , it is not ,AFAIK, recommended for everyday use- it for use with diagnosed skin conditions.

Aloveen is mainly a gentle oat/aloe shampoo- no anti fungals/bacterial action.

Edited by persephone

Malaseb: Treatment of seborrhoeic dermatitis associated with Staphylococcus intermedius and Malassezia (Pityrosporum) pachydermatis; aid in the treatment of dermatophyte infections (ringworm) due to Microsporum canis, M. gypseum and Trichophyton mentagrophytes in dogs and cats by decreasing the time to clinical resolution and killing infective spores.

Aloveen: Contains oatmeal which is indicated for the treatment of inflamed and irritated skin. Aloveen is formulated in an Aloe vera gel base and is pH balanced.

Indications : Aid in soothing and cleansing itchy dry skin on dogs and cats

I found this on the petinsurancepro website (googled Is Malaseb shampoo safe for human use) and it appears not.

"Although some of the ingredients found in this product are also found in products for humans, Malaseb is only for dogs, cats, and horses, and should not be used for humans. "

It didn't say why not, different PH balance, maybe?

yeah you are even meant to wear gloves when you wash you dog with it.

But I don't and haven't had any problems that I know of from not wearing gloves.

But it is quite awful and definitely not something I'd want to try on myself!

maybe ask you chemist for something for yourself :hug:

yeah you are even meant to wear gloves when you wash you dog with it.

But I don't and haven't had any problems that I know of from not wearing gloves.

But it is quite awful and definitely not something I'd want to try on myself!

maybe ask you chemist for something for yourself :laugh:

I also dont use gloves and am fine, I wont use anything on my dog that i cannot use on myself as he has a very sensitive skin and has terrible allergies.

Question...can malaseb be used to treat seborrhoeic dermatitis in people? lol

...Im seriously considering trying it so im after an honest answer

Yes! I have done it before and it worked well for a while but then start drying the skin around it too much. I got my Mum on to it and she used it no worries for her dermatitis on her hands. You need to leave it on for ten minutes though as it doesn't start acting until 7 minutes.

I have also used it on my hair years ago. When I went on quit smoking drugs my scalp got scabby and itchy so I used Malaseb..

eta: I should add that this is my own personal opinion/experiences!

Edited by Clyde

Do a test :grouphug:

Wash your dog in Malasep and see how soft and lovely your hands are!

With all the humidity and heat my bullies need extra Malasep baths (recommended by their vet). I've been bathing them at least once a week and haven't grown hairs on my hands, developed any bruising or bumps. It's great stuff.

(Neotopic H is another good product. We use it on humans all the time and I am yet to find anything better :laugh:)

Edited by HonBun

Malaseb on humans not sure but QV made by Ego has several products for skin problems as well dermititis The product is QV Flare UP It has a purple lid on the bottle I use it on me and my Newfoundland we both has skin problems and Isaiah is so grateful for the relief so am I .We also use Qv gentle wash and bath oil soap products Its used for babies as well nI highly recommended it as it has saved us a lot of pain

Malaseb on humans not sure but QV made by Ego has several products for skin problems as well dermititis The product is QV Flare UP It has a purple lid on the bottle I use it on me and my Newfoundland we both has skin problems and Isaiah is so grateful for the relief so am I .We also use Qv gentle wash and bath oil soap products Its used for babies as well nI highly recommended it as it has saved us a lot of pain

My problem with a lot of human ones is that while they are marketed for skin conditions, a lot also include ingredients that are known to cause reactions (SLS, SLES etc)

i brought a bottle and they are quite strong. Am i suppose to dilute it with water first, it doesn't mention to do this in the directions? My hand felt a slight burning sensation after 10 mins, not sure what that means for my dog.

i brought a bottle and they are quite strong. Am i suppose to dilute it with water first, it doesn't mention to do this in the directions? My hand felt a slight burning sensation after 10 mins, not sure what that means for my dog.

I think thats why the bottle tells you to wear gloves...dog skin is different to human skin, so unless your dog has had a reaction (red skin, itchy, generally irritated) then Im sure its fine

My problem with a lot of human ones is that while they are marketed for skin conditions, a lot also include ingredients that are known to cause reactions (SLS, SLES etc)

I had shingles years ago then neuralgia. Went through so many things, even medication can cause skin problems. It wasnt till my daughter used it on her baby I decided to try it, that was 4 years ago . I dont use anything, else no shampoo no soap nothing only QV products and Curash products .QV bath oil was the first I used because it was recommended for the baby bath then I graduated to QV gentle wash ,then QV Flare up when I need to and I use all on my dogs The only trouble I find is its hard to use them in the shower as they are all liquid so I have had to have a lot more baths I tried the QV cake? /bar (shaped in the same form as soap )but since it doesnt wash properly for me I gave up on that one . Try a very small bottle of one you want, you can always contact me on newfoundlandandus @gmail.com

I hope I was of some help Jenny

I had shingles years ago then neuralgia. Went through so many things, even medication can cause skin problems. It wasnt till my daughter used it on her baby I decided to try it, that was 4 years ago . I dont use anything, else no shampoo no soap nothing only QV products and Curash products .QV bath oil was the first I used because it was recommended for the baby bath then I graduated to QV gentle wash ,then QV Flare up when I need to and I use all on my dogs The only trouble I find is its hard to use them in the shower as they are all liquid so I have had to have a lot more baths I tried the QV cake? /bar (shaped in the same form as soap )but since it doesnt wash properly for me I gave up on that one . Try a very small bottle of one you want, you can always contact me on newfoundlandandus @gmail.com

I hope I was of some help Jenny

Ill keep that in mind, Ive been using MooGoo shampoo and conditioner, they alone didnt have much of an effect, but I also got their psoriasis cream a couple of weeks ago, and since I started using that its been a whole lot better