What Prizes Would You / Wouldnt You Like To Win At A Show?

Jsk

So inspired by another thread, what prizes would you like to receive and what prizes make you cringe?

Myself and I'm sure there are plenty I will add later.

Useful prizes:

Towels - can never have enough

Fuel vouchers - ALWAYS the best prize

Dog Toys

Vouchers for the attending show van

coles/ woolies vouchers

The most useless prizes:

Glass bowls - referred to by a friend that has been showing for 35+ yrs as an "AFGB" (another f***ing glass bowl) :laugh:

Huge leads and collar sets of shite quality brought from the junk shop and given as a prize in the baby class.

ugly ornaments

Thats all I can think of at the moment, so what are the good bad things you have won or would like to/ like not to win??

Money is always the best prize :laugh: but when you get a group and it doesn't cover the entry fee or an in show and it's less than you got for the group then it's not so great. (Don't expect a million dollars for Baby of Group at an Ag Show, but......)

Worst prize would have to be a blank video tape. This was about 15 years ago, but really?

Or two aqua coloured nylon pillow cases. Weren't even any good for soaking up garage crud :laugh:

The best prizes are practical ones - dog blankets, towels, vouchers, cash!!

I could do without another poor quality knife block, or set of crappy plastic cutlery, or cheap wooden photo frame :laugh:

What an ungratefull bunch you all are :laugh: back in the eighties i won a small pepper & salt shaker on a tin tray :laugh: another trophy for open in group was a tin dish ???,( still have them all ) the best thing i ever won was a hair drier and its still in use today :D bought a new one but soon packed it away and went back to the oldie :laugh:

i like the Fringies the best they say what it was for can hang on the wall and doesnt take up cupboard space :)

I'm always thankful for any prize BUT the best ones we've got have been crate mats, towels and a Women's Weekly Cookbook (LOVED that one!). Oh and of course my Best of Breed Melbourne Royal Jacket that I wear with great pride!

My boy won a cheap little sugar bowl/spoon set, which didn't fit together properly but I love it anyway!!

Maybe I don't win enough lol but I'm grateful for any prize I get :laugh:

Do love towels, dog toys though.

Oh, one of the best prizes would be a veggie steamer Casey got for Baby in Show. It's used almost every night lmao. No doubt cheap but it's bloody brilliant!!!!! But I can understand those who win frequently will amass a store of useless objects.

Things like conditioner at a Border Terrier specialty are a little bit silly lol. We don't want silky smooth coats :laugh: still grateful but yeah, nOt really useful for me!!!

See now I find these comments really useful....

If secretaries don't know what people are thinking then they don't have the ammunition to go to club meetings and say "this is not good enough...."

Years and years ago I won lots of that lovely coloured glass that was all the rage in the early 80s... don't know what happened to it now... 5 years ago we were winning things like a 'glass' bowl with fragrant soaps .... lately we have won small microwave pots (food for 1), oven mits/ hand towels... bath towels ... its nice to win a prize and I know it sounds ungrateful but the last thing I need is another oven mit or tea towel... money? well some love it some think it crase...

what about pooper scoopers, picnic sets etc ... we have a really nice picnic set we got from BCF and someone at a show the other day said to me... what a great BIS prize... so interested in opinions there

I don't use a pooper scooper at home (plastic bag and cat litter scoop works better IMO), an how many does one person need lol.

I think money is the best bet, really. Everyone can use it and you can not have too much!!

Vet bed is a great prize, too. Crates are easy to pass on if you have enough?? Whatever it is make sure it isn't broken or used hahaha.

But yeah, I would probably treasure a chipped vase if I won it :thumbsup: but I am sentimental like that.

towels, because you can never have too many...

money, or vouchers to buy more dog stuff :thanks: I love the idea of crate mats, vet bed, dog beds, crates... all good value as long as they aren't used!!

My favourite prize is a salad spinner.

I don't think I've EVER been to a show with cash prizes - are they more something that happens in the city than the country?

I would imagine that a cash prize is easier on the people organising the show as there would be no shopping around for prizes that are within budget and not too naff but then I would expect you'd have people whinging about getting tiny amounts of cash. Can't please people really can you?

One good prize I saw a friend win for BIS was a pack with 3 phones & and an answering machine - they just put it away until their phone died (about 8-12 months later) and voila they simply replaced the old with the new.

Good prizes:

Blankets

Towels

Dog beds

Wine/Champagne

Cash

Plaques or trophies with club name on them.

Not so good prizes:

Cheese platters

Dinner sets

Coffee mugs

Things like blankets and towels will be used by everyone, they wear out so we are always buying new ones. Even if you already have towels, they will succumb to wear and tear eventually so you can crack out your prize ones.

Things like dinner sets people already have, and they last a long time so people don't need new ones. If you win them, they will just sit in the cupboard forever.

The plaques or trophies I personally just love, I have mine on the mantle at home on display, it's nice to show off to those non-show people that visit.

I don't think I've EVER been to a show with cash prizes - are they more something that happens in the city than the country?

I've won cash and sash at country shows, so some must do it.

I like cash but wouldn't like it to become the standard at every show, every so often is good. I've appreciated some useful prizes like stainless steel water bowls, good quality travel mugs, towels, wine, china platters, ordinary china mugs (but one of which actually looked second hand :rofl:) One show had vouchers for the photographer that was present, that was fun.

With the crate mats - I am grateful for anything really but the ones given out are so small they are a bit useless for me, my cat has a sizable collection of bed options thanks to in-group prizes. :laugh:

I'd rather no prize than one that looks really tatty, a small amount of cash is better than an item I'm going to donate to the op shop the next week. I'd rather a great looking sash and no prize to that!

I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but sometimes I'd prefer just a ribbon!

I went to a nice country show, four shows over two days, and ended up getting some good in group wins. These were lovely, but MAN it was annoying getting all that crockery in the car! I won a dish or plate with each prize and I would've really rather have left them there. They came home and then soon moved to the op show after that as a donation.

At our BT speciality recently I got some really great prizes! I got a jacket, which I'm so happy with - I have never won clothing before! It is way too big for me, which I guess is always the risk with clothing. I also got a crate, a dog bed, dog food, etc - all very well received here!

I've never received a fuel card or a Woolies/Coles voucher but that'd be great too.

Cash and sash is really the best... Everyone needs money!