Pretty Collars

Alfie02

Hi all,

I'm looking for some different/out of the ordinary dog collars as I'm sick of the same old ones form the pet supplies stores.

I found these MAYA dog collars but they seem to be only sold in the USA, has anyone bought these from Australia or with cheap postage from the USA?

http://www.colorpet.com/MAYA-Collection_c_4.html

My only specifications are: A soft material (such as cotton) and a clip buckle (not one of the buckles the fasten with the holes.)

So what are your favourite collars and where do you get them from?

Thanks!

I make my own now, even thought the dogs don't wear them very often.

The other place I have got them from is here They are made in America, but are easily paid for and ordered and with the dollar the way it is at the moment are very reasonable. They are fully lined so there is no rubbing off of coat.

Edited by OSoSwift

I have bought most of mine which are fabric with the plastic clips from an ebay seller called Aah Paws. They also make matching leashes. They have a website www.aahpaws.com/Adjustable_or_Martingale_Collars_s/42.htm. The prices are reasonable and they used to have 3 for 2 deals so we have at least 6 collars and leashes here from them that we have been totally happy with.

Our dogs are 2 staffies and a husky/shep. The fabric has worn from the youngest ones collars in spots as she is rough on everything but they have never broken and are used all the time and just washed in hot soapy water and dried. We've also had no rusting on the lead clip parts. I've been using these items for at least 3 years so can vouch for their durability. Also no fading desptie repeated washes and scrubs.

If you like the Maya styles then one you might like is the 1" motif number 7 (brightly coloured squares). I have it in collar and leash and it is so beachy and much nicer than it looks on the screen. Just noticed you have little dogs though so 1" will be to wide. Hopefully you will find something nice and colourful for your fur kids.

Edited by Puppy_Sniffer

Thanks so much for all the great suggestions, I have been looking at etsy and trhere are so many lovely ones!

I am now going to look at all the other sites posted...and now I will proably be too tempted and order heaps of collars and have one for each day of the week! :laugh:

I like Lovebird collars and Ruthless Leather. That's all I use now.

x2 got to love the creativity and skill of Dolers!

If you have access to the off topic area go and see Huga's thread there, her collars are brilliant and always unique

Edited by FionaC

I really like the Regalhound collars, thanks for the link, my bully needs a chain martingale as she backs out of ordinary ones, off to the states soon so think i may get some delivered to my mums for when i get there. :thumbsup: