Found A Dog Tonight

Sutton

Found a 5yo border collie girl tonight,she was near a busy road and very scared.

So i brought her home as shes really friendly,hopped straight in the car,loved the drive.

She had a national pet register tag on so i called them and got the owners details.

I thought she had been hit by a car as she was walking with a limp,on her left leg.Looks like a small puncture/cut and the joint is all swollen.

So after i call him,he tells me shes had the sore leg for quite a while :) And didnt seem too concerned.

Hes also 200kms away and cant pick her up until tomorrow,which is fine with me.

I had to cut her collar off to see her tags as her collar was done up with a bolt type thing,and he didnt seem too happy about that,

apparently she gets out all the time and he didnt seem concerned about that either.

She had an animal welfare league tag on also.

I dont know why people like this have pets,and i dont want to give her back tomorrow :)

Maybe im just being a sook.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found a 5yo border collie girl tonight,she was near a busy road and very scared.

So i brought her home as shes really friendly,hopped straight in the car,loved the drive.

She had a national pet register tag on so i called them and got the owners details.

I thought she had been hit by a car as she was walking with a limp,on her left leg.Looks like a small puncture/cut and the joint is all swollen.

So after i call him,he tells me shes had the sore leg for quite a while :) And didnt seem too concerned.

Hes also 200kms away and cant pick her up until tomorrow,which is fine with me.

I had to cut her collar off to see her tags as her collar was done up with a bolt type thing,and he didnt seem too happy about that,

apparently she gets out all the time and he didnt seem concerned about that either.

She had an animal welfare league tag on also.

I dont know why people like this have pets,and i dont want to give her back tomorrow :)

Maybe im just being a sook.

I think I'd feel the same! I hope all goes well when the owner picks her up.

Sorry but I hope he doesn't pick her up and she has a chance at finding a new home with someone who will love and care for her.

Shes so quiet, just sleeping on the mat outside the back door.

Even though theres a kennel and raised dog bed and horse rugs to sleep on lol

She didnt even seem bothered at the horses looking over the fence at her!

It will be a shame to give her back,i mean if my dog went missing i would be pretty worried.

I will definately tell him to take her to the vet,i have his number so ill see if i can find out how it goes.

My 4yo daughter was saying "is this our new dog" lol and shes great with her too!

If i werent getting a puppy in 6 weeks i would love to keep her,but i already have two.

And 4 dogs would just kill my oh lol

I hate feeling like this,i was hoping i would find her owners and they would be happy to have her back and take her to the vet and fix her up. Instead im worried what will happen to her when she gets back,if she gets out again.

He said he didnt even know she was missing as he had been away for two days already i think it was,i hope she had food!

She ate a whole bowl of dry food when she got here. :)

Lots of jumping to conclusions going on here.

The dog may have been to the vet already for her leg. The people looking after the dog might not have told the owner she had escaped. We have even had a DOL member whose dog escaped from a kennel and they didn't tell her straight away!

I wouldn't expect a guy to be hysterical about this. And really the dog is safe so in a male's mind there isn't a problem.

Lots of jumping to conclusions going on here.

The dog may have been to the vet already for her leg. The people looking after the dog might not have told the owner she had escaped. We have even had a DOL member whose dog escaped from a kennel and they didn't tell her straight away!

I wouldn't expect a guy to be hysterical about this. And really the dog is safe so in a male's mind there isn't a problem.

True. I suppose the fact that he's willing to travel 200kms to get his dog shows that he cares about her in his own way.

Sorry but I hope he doesn't pick her up and she has a chance at finding a new home with someone who will love and care for her.

[/quote

I'm with you Ams. Hope he is a 'no show' tomorrow. Maybe I'm jumping to conclusions but running away all the time, sore leg, not to concerned. Collar not attached properly.HMMM.

I think maybe she deserves better. Poor frightened girl.

You may want to point out to the owner that it's an offence to fail to seek veterinary treatment for his animal, if common sense and decency wont make him look after his dog maybe the threat of prosecution will?

And you know he hasn't treated the leg how???

You may want to point out to the owner that it's an offence to fail to seek veterinary treatment for his animal, if common sense and decency wont make him look after his dog maybe the threat of prosecution will?

And you know he hasn't treated the leg how???

I don't. If he has he has nothing to worry about, if he hasn't then it might prompt him to.

Maybe if it looks to you like her leg is bothering her then you should take her to your local vet - if he says it is fine and has been treated Great! If not, maybe you should get the owner to collect her from there (if he still wants her!!!??)

If he doesn't want to pay for a vet visit and won't pick her up - I guess you then have some options.

Edited by Brooke

Where abouts in SA are you?

Only reason I am thinking is because my parents are in SA, and I hate dog abuse, they dislike it too,

They have a whippet x Kelpie female about 12 months old. If shes okay with other animals, and the odd chance you are near them, I could perhaps convince them to at least foster her, and we would get her treated for her foot.

My parents are out near Tanunda. They spoil their dog rotten lol, and have been on the lookout for a playmate for her.

Edited by all4addy

Sorry have not read all th eposts so this may be a repeat.

Call him back and tell him how taken you are with her and that you would just love to take care of her, ask if he could possibly consider giving her up.

Never know, he just might say yes and be glad not to have to drive over there to get her.

Then you can spend some time with her and start to look for a good home for her.

Just thought.