Is Pineapple Ok

mrs tornsocks

Sorry for the OT...... :rofl: Thanks for that I was always meaning to try It, now I guess I'll give It a miss, another one I was also told about was to feed some jelly beans but only the black ones! Not really game enough to try It though :rofl:

I believe pineapple is fed to dogs to deter them from eating their waste???

Yes that is true, but it doesn't work because I've tried it. :rofl:

Yes that is true, but it doesn't work because I've tried it. :rofl:

I'd say it doesn't work for your dog, because I know a few people that have had success with this and it certainly worked for my girl. Not sure what the 'active' ingredient is as such that puts them off, but apparently while pineapple is lovely and sweet the first time its consumed, once its been through their system it is generally (although clearly not to all) unplatable to them.

Completely harmless to them though.

Yes that is true, but it doesn't work because I've tried it. :)

I was told it had to be unsweetened pineapple juice, just add a couple of tablespoons to the meal.

Everyone i know that has tried it says it works and it certainly worked for one of mine.

We were cutting up a fresh pineapple last night & Jangels carried on until we gave him a piece. He didn't really eat much but just played with it :) It must of been the smell that was the attraction

Tonight I will put some in his food cut up into smaller pieces. He eats apples all the time, grated & mixed in with his barf pattie (non fattening & makes his meat go further)

We mainly alternate between grated apples & carrotts.

Jangels also likes oranges & lemons :)

I was told it had to be unsweetened pineapple juice, just add a couple of tablespoons to the meal.

Everyone i know that has tried it says it works and it certainly worked for one of mine.

Don't think it matters if its juice or pineapple, but you're right, not the one based in syrup.

Jakeyjangels my girls goes nuts for carrot. I have to watch her very closely when we are feeding the horses as she thinks thievery is acceptable, my horse does not.

Edited by SmoothieGirl

Yes that is true, but it doesn't work because I've tried it. :mad

I've tried looking for unsweetened pineapple pieces in tins at the supermarket and not sure what I am looking for :cheer: Everything looks to be the sweetened kind! Can anyone offer me a brand please that I can try? Ruby is poo-obsessed, mainly with Millie's (to the point she will follow her around like her bottom is a Mr Whippy dispenser), so I want to feed it to both of them to try and curb the problem.

Edited by RubyStar

Any form of pineapple will do.

We used to get the anysort of plain lable.

I always thought the crushed was the easiest to put in the dogs food.

I've tried crushed pineapple but I either didn't do it long enough, or it wasn't the right kind. Or it plain just won't work for my poo-obsessed girl!! Every brand I can find, doesn't say "unsweetened". Should it??

I've tried looking for unsweetened pineapple pieces in tins at the supermarket and not sure what I am looking for :) Everything looks to be the sweetened kind! Can anyone offer me a brand please that I can try? Ruby is poo-obsessed, mainly with Millie's (to the point she will follow her around like her bottom is a Mr Whippy dispenser), so I want to feed it to both of them to try and curb the problem.

Hey RubyStar, try Golden Circle Pineapple pieces (or rings) in natural juice. It probably has some element of added something, but just make sure you avoid the same in syrup.

Ok, now I'm going to try and wipe that Mr Whippy image from my head :laugh:

Edited by SmoothieGirl

Yes that is true, but it doesn't work because I've tried it. :cheer:

I've tried looking for unsweetened pineapple pieces in tins at the supermarket and not sure what I am looking for :) Everything looks to be the sweetened kind! Can anyone offer me a brand please that I can try? Ruby is poo-obsessed, mainly with Millie's (to the point she will follow her around like her bottom is a Mr Whippy dispenser), so I want to feed it to both of them to try and curb the problem.

Hey RubyStar, try Golden Circle Pineapple pieces (or rings) in natural juice. It probably has some element of added something, but just make sure you avoid the same in syrup.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I have to literally wipe the "mr whippy" from Ruby's head sometimes!!! :thanks::cheer: I monitor them when I can but the reality is I can't be there for every poo!

Shall I go and die in shame now? :cheer::)

Thanks for the pineapple thing. I checked the tin I already had in the cupboard and it was in natural juice, and it was pieces. I gave them 4 pieces each in their dinner with a couple of tablespoons of juice. I'll repeat it for every meal for at least a month and see if it makes a difference!!

Love everything about my girl but this one dirty habit I could really do without!!!!! :)

Yes that is true, but it doesn't work because I've tried it. :cheer:

I've tried looking for unsweetened pineapple pieces in tins at the supermarket and not sure what I am looking for :thanks: Everything looks to be the sweetened kind! Can anyone offer me a brand please that I can try? Ruby is poo-obsessed, mainly with Millie's (to the point she will follow her around like her bottom is a Mr Whippy dispenser), so I want to feed it to both of them to try and curb the problem.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I have to literally wipe the "mr whippy" from Ruby's head sometimes!!! :cheer: :cheer: I monitor them when I can but the reality is I can't be there for every poo!

Shall I go and die in shame now? :cheer::)

Thanks for the pineapple thing. I checked the tin I already had in the cupboard and it was in natural juice, and it was pieces. I gave them 4 pieces each in their dinner with a couple of tablespoons of juice. I'll repeat it for every meal for at least a month and see if it makes a difference!!

Love everything about my girl but this one dirty habit I could really do without!!!!! :)

OH MY GOD, Ruby has it bad :) Well I really hopes it works for you. That's about what I'd feed Bronte too, or if it was rings, half a ring an a couple of tablespoons of juice. She doesn't do it anymore thankfully.