Advice Needed From Those With Puppy Bars

RubyStar

I'm assuming that the barrier would have a steel frame right around it (probably appear dumb but I've only seen the pictures. Would it be possible to have the mesh net actually fixed to the frame so it's all one unit?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks so much ish for the photos and info on the lock! Big help! thumbsup1.gif

Sounds like I won't be able to get them if they are a custom thing. Eeeek I'm not sure what to do!

I have a solution, road trip acros the nullabor, stay a few days in Melbourne and get Colin to do it lol.

Yes the locks clasp shut without having to lock them, but I'm sure you'd be able to source them somewhere.

I wouldn't mind one of those. Poppy jumped into my front seat on the weekend during herding and pretty much put mud on every available surface. It had to be seen to be believed!

I have a dog ramp from those people and it is pretty good.

Ah so you've ordered from them before (Pet With Pet Care)? Good to know they aren't one of those typical dodgy online companies that advertise decent priced products then don't send them, and their number is conveniently disconnected laugh.gif The website advertises free shipping on some products, don't suppose you know if that includes to Australia? I changed the country in the PayPal checkout screen and it still said free so it might be :shrug: I did email them though to double check, just waiting on a response.

I'm assuming that the barrier would have a steel frame right around it (probably appear dumb but I've only seen the pictures. Would it be possible to have the mesh net actually fixed to the frame so it's all one unit?

Sorry, I'm not too sure exactly what you mean. If I have interpreted correctly, the barrier is only at the front of the boot, and a divider down the middle. There is no barrier down the sides of the boot or between the boot and back seats (which is where I want the net to go). The net should be removable separate to the unit so I can take it all out in pieces when I want to put the seats down to carry large goods that are not dogs! laugh.gif

Thanks so much ish for the photos and info on the lock! Big help! thumbsup1.gif

Sounds like I won't be able to get them if they are a custom thing. Eeeek I'm not sure what to do!

I have a solution, road trip acros the nullabor, stay a few days in Melbourne and get Colin to do it lol.

Yes the locks clasp shut without having to lock them, but I'm sure you'd be able to source them somewhere.

Yeah because that won't set me back by much :rofl: :rofl:

Hmmm maybe this is the answer to my cargo net!

http://www.3m.com/product/information/Dual-Lock-Reclosable-Fastener.html

I was originally thinking to loop my cargo net elastic ends around hooks or screws, but if I attach one end of this fastener to the net and the other to the car, it may work! As I said, it's more a visual deterrent than a safety one, so as long as I can stretch my net that far I may have a solution thumbsup1.gif

I'll keep looking at the 3M products :)

Ah so you've ordered from them before (Pet With Pet Care)? Good to know they aren't one of those typical dodgy online companies that advertise decent priced products then don't send them, and their number is conveniently disconnected laugh.gif The website advertises free shipping on some products, don't suppose you know if that includes to Australia? I changed the country in the PayPal checkout screen and it still said free so it might be :shrug: I did email them though to double check, just waiting on a response.

No I got it from Petstock so didn't order directly from them.

I have an estate car (station wagon?? not sure what they are!) with one large breed dog who goes where the back seats would be in they weren't flat, to stop her getting onto the front or flying by in an accident I have a metal cargo 'net' with the tops fastening into things fitted at standard to the roof of the car. this can also be fitted behind the back seats. Have a look and see if the company who makes you car do a similar thing.

The other dogs then travel in a purpose built crate with a removable divider. Luckily it is just the small dogs who go in this as the doors are to small for a medium/large breed to easily fit through. Doors hinge from the centre which is also a pain as you can only have one door open at a time, I would prefer them to open outwards like van doors.

Did you hear back from them at all RS???

Edited by The Spotted Devil

Nope, not yet! I will update this thread when/if I hear back in case anyone else wanted to order one. Great price thumbsup1.gif

Well my baby (my car) is off being fitted as I type this! He is also going to go to a locksmith for me and see if he can locate those locks I want (like in superminty's photo). Hope he can find them and I also hope they don't cost an arm and a leg :o I told him if he can't find them, then latches are fine. He also said the doors won't open flush against the other door when open so instead he is going to have them open outwards like I first wanted, so the hinges are at the sides, not the middle.

My car should be ready this afternoon or tomorrow thumbsup1.gif

Edited by RubyStar

Nope, not yet! I will update this thread when/if I hear back in case anyone else wanted to order one. Great price thumbsup1.gif

Well my baby (my car) is off being fitted as I type this! He is also going to go to a locksmith for me and see if he can locate those locks I want (like in superminty's photo). Hope he can find them and I also hope they don't cost an arm and a leg :o I told him if he can't find them, then latches are fine. He also said the doors won't open flush against the other door when open so instead he is going to have them open outwards like I first wanted, so the hinges are at the sides, not the middle.

My car should be ready this afternoon or tomorrow thumbsup1.gif

Look forward to seeing pics! :thumbsup:

Here are pictures of my car barrier thingo, minus the divider. That will come next week.

IMG_0182.jpg

IMG_0184.jpg

The door angles out a bit so I am a bit worried of them hitting their heads :o But it couldn't be helped because of the shape of my car.

IMG_0185.jpg

He couldn't find the locks like on the puppy bars, but these work ok for me! I think they are window locks. So I can open and close the doors as I need to, then can lock them up too :)

Rubystar, that looks fantastic! I love how Ruby is intruding on Millie's space in the first pic and Millie's sitting so nicely in her space :laugh: I wonder if Ruby will be disgruntled when the barrier goes in :laugh:

I hope they don't hurt themselves on the door. Are there stoppers on the doors to stop them opening wide enough to bang against your car?