White Poo

Is it white when it is fresh, or white when the wind has dried it up and it has been there a couple of hours? Our dogs poo tends to go white when it has been very windy and dried very hard. It is probably stupid but that is what we have found?

So is it not good if their poo goes white when it dries, does it mean they're having to many bones and not enough other stuff? Doesn't happen to my dog, but I don't think I give enough bones, but my friend's little dog's poos always go white...

It just means she is having a tad too much calcium I think.

You could either increase the amount of meat or add some ground flaxseed to her dinner as its very high in fibre.

an easy way to increase the meat portion would be to add (depending on the size of your dog) something like a sheep's heart or some kidney or liver :)

I'm not keen of giving her raw offal, but I will just give her raw roo meat and kibble with flaxseed and see how she goes.

Thanks for your help raineth. :)

no problem :)

but don't be scared of offal as its the bits with the most nutrients, especially liver and kidneys :)

I always make sure any offal I feed has been frozen for atleast 3 days before feeding it as advised by the Vet that any nasties won't live through that.

Nothing wrong with white poop. But if she is straining or you think she might be a little bit constipated then try adding some mashed pumpkin and/or some soaked psyllium husk to her diet for extra fibre.

A can of sardines might help too :)

Nothing wrong with white poop. But if she is straining or you think she might be a little bit constipated then try adding some mashed pumpkin and/or some soaked psyllium husk to her diet for extra fibre.

A can of sardines might help too :)

:thumbsup:

Yes raineth...flaxseed meal is good (called linseed meal in the supermarket) keep it in the fridge so it holds its goodness. Mine get 1/2-->1 tsp sprinkled on their dinner.

You could also put a little cold pressed extra virgin olive oil in as well (it's a good price at Aldi, $19.99 for 4L Australian olive oil)

I was actually asked by the vet if my dogs poo is white as ses on a natural diet due to severe allergies to grains apparently its a good sign and shows the body has diegested all of what it should?? No idea if thats correct just what vet told me and sound correct as my working doogs are fed kibble based diet and alsways have larger softer poo at least the white ones you can see and don't squish on your shoe if you tread on it.

what the others said about having too much bones.

Charlie is the same and he is on a high calcium diet. If his poos are white.. I switch him to fish for a few days, then it's back to wings or neck or frame.