Dog Just Died Anyone Up

JulesP

Sorry to hear of your loss Julie.

Always bad to hear of dogs taken by bait.

I know where I used to live, we occassionally rat sacked the Stables. Some 6 months after we had ANY bait down.. A puppy once found a few pellets and needed to rush to the vet.

We used to count out the pellets into a bottle lid. The dogs were never allowed down the stables while there were baits around. We did rat patrols twice daily.

What we did find was the rats/mice took the pellets back to the nest. They did not eat them all where we put then (under pallets of hay/ cupboards etc). We think the pup found one of these pellets and that was what caused him to vomit and bleed.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mags has a good point, Jules. Worth reporting it I would think.

And please don't beat yourself up about not having brought the dogs in at night. I felt the same about Fergus, as I had accidentally shut him in the garage, and then while I was mowing, didn't go and look for him when he wasn't hanging round the way he normally did. Sometimes bad stuff just happens.

Thank goodness you've got the girls, and they've got each other. Kirra was totally lost - wouldn't leave me - became a real velcro dog on agility courses. Give your two lots and lots of cuddles and take good care of yourself. Oh, and if you can, ask a friend to tell as many friends as possible - at dog club and so on - helps ease the first time back - but there will be tears - from you and from Brock's friends and admirers.

Oh, and if you can, ask a friend to tell as many friends as possible - at dog club and so on - helps ease the first time back - but there will be tears - from you and from Brock's friends and admirers.

A dog school friend has called and is going to tell people for me. Brock was the sort of dog that had lots of friends.

People put snail bait in their front gardens - with no fences, and even on lead my dog tries to hoover it. And rats and birds transport the stuff.

Jules, my heart goes out to you. Poor Brock.

Mrs RB's got a good point. I'm paranoid about what the birds transport into our garden. I'm forever collecting great lumps of all sorts of things that they've dropped.

People put snail bait in their front gardens - with no fences, and even on lead my dog tries to hoover it. And rats and birds transport the stuff.

Jules, my heart goes out to you. Poor Brock.

Mrs RB's got a good point. I'm paranoid about what the birds transport into our garden. I'm forever collecting great lumps of all sorts of things that they've dropped.

The vet thought he might have eaten a critter too. What can you do about that though? Or birds dropping stuff?

I am a bit too remote for someone to have done it deliberately. The dogs don't bark so no one would be pissed off with them.. That is why I got up last night because it was so unusual that one of them was barking so much.

he vet thought he might have eaten a critter too. What can you do about that though? Or birds dropping stuff?

Agree. That's why I'm a bit paranoid. Only yesterday, I saw a magpie trotting up the yard carrying a great lump of stuff. But that was sheer luck, to actually see it. Like Mrs RB said, they'll even drop stuff still in packaging.

I'm so sorry Jules, that is so sad, I know I’d be devastated. There was something in the news a few weeks ago about people finding snail bait thrown into their yards (Northern suburbs Melbourne I think it was) but as you don’t suspect that I truly hope it isn’t the case. I even felt nervous seeing it reported incase it encouraged copycat behaviour by people who don’t realize how toxic snail bait is.

Sending hugs and hope you and the others are ok.

RIP Brock. :cry::rainbowbridge:

edited to delete stuff on iron based snail bait

Edited by LabTested