How Far Do You Take Your Dogs Birthday?

Guest english.ivy

Guest english.ivy

It is Ivys birthday tomorrow and I'm buying her a new collar this afternoon and wrapping it up for her to open in the morning :) She already got a leather leash a few months ago.

Just wondering how far everyone else goes for their dogs birthday? Well I guess I'm asking do you wrap their gifts or just give it to them?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You have to make them a cake!!!!

There are some good recipes around for liver cakes and other yummy things for dogs.

Add some cream cheese icing and sprinkle with liver flakes and the dogs will go nuts for it.

I usually buy them something, make them a cake and or bickys and we usually do something special.

Cooper was spoilt this year for his 5th birthday, he got a ruthless collar and lead.

Mine haven't had b-days while I've had them, but Obi's first and Pixie's second are coming up later this month. I am just going to take some photos, gush about them to everyone who will listen, post on fb and my blog, but the dogs won't know it's their b-day. As far as they are concerned, nothing special will happen.

There is cake. Ice cream. Outings (we usually go to their favourite place). Not so much toys because my 2 have a lot of toys.

I make a big deal out of Charlie's birthdays (he is only 2 :laugh: ). They said he wouldn't make it to his second birthday, but now it looks like he will be around for a long while :thumbsup:

They get a present (not wrapped usually a favourite type of toy) and they get something special and yummy either for dinner or as a special treat.

If Emma makes it to her next birthday she will be getting a big party, although I'm not confident it's going to happen - but I'm going to plan for it anyway in hope!!

this was Quinn's 12 months.

2-24.jpg

And she got a new tug.

Its the only dog cake I've ever made and they loved it but its more effort than I usually put in.

I wanted a photo of them all together with the cake but this is the closest I have.

1-24.jpg

Its cute but I think we were about 3 seconds away from Quinn cracking it with the other dogs over "her" cake so we chopped it up and gave it to them individually.

Yes, we are right into our furry kids birthday bashes. Any excuse to party right :laugh:

We have a cake, party hats & we have prezzies & a special dinner, whatever is the pups fav. is ATM

Not much different to any other day really, :rofl: my 2 are so Spoilt !

That's what you have them for isn't it. To love them.

Edited by BC Crazy

Guest english.ivy

2-24.jpg

And she got a new tug.

Its the only dog cake I've ever made and they loved it but its more effort than I usually put in.

I wanted a photo of them all together with the cake but this is the closest I have.

1-24.jpg

Its cute but I think we were about 3 seconds away from Quinn cracking it with the other dogs over "her" cake so we chopped it up and gave it to them individually.

Great photos!

2-24.jpg

And she got a new tug.

1-24.jpg

Love these pic's B-Q, they are having sooo much fun !!!!

Our dogs on their birthday will get some new toys wrapped up (they get excited unwrapping it :D ) I don't make a cake...but I will buy a sponge cake with cream, & each of our dogs will get a tiny piece, & the OH & I will have the rest with coffee :laugh: ...of course there is candles & we sing "Happy Birthday" & the dogs share a cooked chicken for dinner. :)

we always celebrated Mack's birthday, after all he was a member of the family, and it was a good excuse to have cake, and he'd get a new toy, and usually bbq chook for tea

but now he's gone :rainbowbridge:

K9 was a stray we found, dumped down at the river, and Jess, came from renbury a couple of months ago, so we dont know when they born, so going to celebrate the day we adopted Jess, it was after all the day she started her new life. :party: and yes there will be cake!

they are of course included at xmas, they get presents , and even get presents from grandparents :heart: all the furkids do.

Edited by k9's-mum