Opinions On Mixed Breed...

Guest crickets

Once again asking for opinions from the collective wisdom of DOL.

I'm thinking Rottweiler cross, possibly with GSP/Pointer, maybe a drop of Lab?

I have listed her as a large cross breed but just wanted to get an idea of what to tell people when they ask about breed.

Meet 'Aura' & ... thanks in advance.

post-34343-0-70863800-1311050530_thumb.jpg

Edited by DBT

Once again asking for opinions from the collective wisdom of DOL.

I'm thinking Rottweiler cross, possibly with GSP/Pointer, maybe a drop of Lab?

I have listed her as a large cross breed but just wanted to get an idea of what to tell people when they ask about breed.

Meet 'Aura' & ... thanks in advance.

Tell them the breeding is completely unknown. But you could then tell people about her attributes. How tall she is, how much she weighs. How she behaves in foster care and what sort of activity level she has, What animals she has been tested with and how she behaves around kids.

With the limited opportunity you have to sell this dog to s suitable family, stick to the important points, and don't discuss unknowns like the dog's breeding. If people persist in that line of questioning, send them to a breeder to buy a dog.

She is quite big. When she was first captured as a stray she was listed as G.Dane cross purely on size i think. She is not as big as a Dane by any stretch, but bigger than a Lab or Pointer. She is very muscular and longish in the body.

Greytmate thats a 'greyt' post thanks :)

Tell them the breeding is completely unknown. But you could then tell people about her attributes. How tall she is, how much she weighs. How she behaves in foster care and what sort of activity level she has, What animals she has been tested with and how she behaves around kids.

With the limited opportunity you have to sell this dog to s suitable family, stick to the important points, and don't discuss unknowns like the dog's breeding. If people persist in that line of questioning, send them to a breeder to buy a dog.

where's the like button? excellent post.