In Loving Memory Of Gizmo

ozjen

Giz, my little Papillon wasn't a show dog and he had no titles after his name for any performance sports but he was a special little boy who endeared himself to everyone who met him. He lived more than six years longer than the vets expected him to and lived each of those to the fullest especially when he went to DOL get togethers which he loved. He travelled with us to many country dogshows including travelling across Australia with us and always seemed to enjoy having a run with the other dogs. He ruled the roost at home and would not let any of the other furkids direspect him and my Australian Shepherd was his self appointed protector. He wasn't a glamourous Pap, 5 minutes after bathing and grooming him he had the knack of looking dirty and shaggy again. helped by the fact that in his later years he had lost alot of teeth and use to drool abit but he was always beautiful in my eye. Gizmo passed away on Monday while I was at work, if I had known it was to be my last cuddle and goodbye that morning I would never have left that day. It hurts all the more because I wasn't there for him at the end but I know his old mates Brandy and Abbey would be there to meet him at rainbow bridge and they can play together once again. We had 13 wonderful years together and while not nearly long enough I am grateful for the time we had and it makes the pain I feel worth it. RIP my little Angel till we meet again.

Edited by ozjen

Maureen, I started to watch your video and couldn't continue, I was a blubbering mess after a few seconds. The grief here is still very raw and just below the surface. I'd love to do something like that for my boy but I know I'd never get past the first picture.

I have been thinking about you all weekend, i hope you are feeling a bit less heartsick by now.

Thankyou everyone for your kind thoughts and words they are much appriciated. Everyone on here knows how much our dogs mean to us and many have sadly shared the same heartache. GayleK, I know what you mean, I blubbered the whole time I was making the tribute, but I also remembered each day each picture was taken so clearly that it didn't feel like 13 years had passed. I think I needed to do it to help me let go and say goodbye after not being there when Gizmo passed. Each time I think I have cried myself out something small will set me of again but looking back over the week I am handling it a little better each day. With the loss of your beautiful Benson so recent you will know only too well exacly what it is like. I hope it is getting easier for you each day I know how special he was and use to love hearing about his antics. So many friends have been in the same situation recently and too many wonderful dogs have passed lately but I hope they are all enjoying each others company at Rainbow Bridge. I always use to think of Gizzie as a reincarnate of one of my childhood dogs who I was extremly fond off so hopefully if he was perhaps he will come back to me yet again one day. I live in hope and it gives me a little comfort to think this way.

Guest Panzer Attack!

Gizmo was beautiful. I am so sorry for your loss :( They have a habit of stealing your heart away. Huge hugs to you and kisses from Scooter.

E xo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh no Ozjen I'm so sorry, I've only just seen this! :cry:

Gizmo was such a gorgeous little man, so many people threatened to tuck him into their backpacks and abscond with him, including me! He was a total poppet and will be sadly missed. Huge hugs to you Ozjen.

Run free little Gizzie :rainbowbridge: