Sick Of Going Out

Atanquin

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had said that I felt bad about saying that? That's why I came on here to say that I had felt bad I never swear? I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced the same thing? you are All just as bad as me for your comments? I will be off this sight from now on I had just felt bad and need to talk to some about it but then I get abused? All I wanted was a chat about it and who ever it was that sent me a message saying I should give my dog to a shelter as I'm a bad owner for one bad thing I had said? Get a life! I'm sorry if it offended people I feel even worse now more so than when I came back from my walk! I was going to apologize to the lady but I was shocked and just kept walking! Like I said some of you are just as bad if not worse than me!! Some of you had a good point I know I was wrong and like I said before that's why I came on here good bye

that is disgusting and totally unacceptable. Shame on whoever sent it. We all have bad days and we all say things we regret. All you can do is learn from it and apologise if you see the woman again

eta i can kinda of understand where everyone is coming from though. I often see people walking down the sidewalk with very small puppies that look like they are too young to be out- something to consider i guess

Edited by Cat

I had said that I felt bad about saying that? That's why I came on here to say that I had felt bad I never swear? I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced the same thing? you are All just as bad as me for your comments? I will be off this sight from now on I had just felt bad and need to talk to some about it but then I get abused? All I wanted was a chat about it and who ever it was that sent me a message saying I should give my dog to a shelter as I'm a bad owner for one bad thing I had said? Get a life! I'm sorry if it offended people I feel even worse now more so than when I came back from my walk! I was going to apologize to the lady but I was shocked and just kept walking! Like I said some of you are just as bad if not worse than me!! Some of you had a good point I know I was wrong and like I said before that's why I came on here good bye

that is disgusting and totally unacceptable. Shame on whoever sent it. We all have bad days and we all say things we regret. All you can do is learn from it and apologise if you see the woman again

eta i can kinda of understand where everyone is coming from though. I often see people walking down the sidewalk with very small puppies that look like they are too young to be out- something to consider i guess

Agree about the PM being awful. I have seen a few newer members say people have sent them nasty PM's... is there anyway that the OP can report the person who sent the PM?

I'm sorry to hear you received a PM which you found rude. That's part of the 'fun' of a forum- you put stuff out there and sometimes you aren't going to like what you get back. However, most of the replies to this thread have been polite and constructive imo. I am sure that between all of us on DOL, we could fill a book with comments/ questions we get from members of the public about our dogs-- like the 'horse' comments for Great Dane owners, or the 'Is that a Siberian Husky?' asked to Alaskan Malamute owners ( and vice versa). A lot of people like dogs-- whether they are knowledgeable about dogs is a different story, but still, they like dogs, and on the whole dogs can be great ice-breakers.

BTW- if the dog in question is the one in your profile pic--he's adorable :)

Edited by Brennan's Mum

I have seen young pups out as well but I alway start with saying hallo and asking if I could pat the puppy ten ask" how old is he or she" then when they tell me I say if thy are under 12 weeks" awww that why he/ she is being carried like a prince :) because other wise you might get ill" in the cute puppy voice he he or if older than 12 weeks " aww so first time out and about ay" and normally can tell by just being friendly

Once again sorry to everyone but last last comment wa about that pm the one in the pic Is the pup But that was The day he came home I will post a pic of the little angel

oops forgot i changed my pic yes that is him

once i find out which people sent me the emails i will report them

post-39670-0-76483400-1313568979_thumb.jpg

Edited by Atanquin

All I wanted was a chat about it and who ever it was that sent me a message saying I should give my dog to a shelter as I'm a bad owner for one bad thing I had said? Get a life!

That is so out of line... no you should not give your puppy to a shelter just because you were having a bad day. We're all human, you've learned from it haven't you?

Stick around, not everyone on DOL is like that and there is a wealth of information here.

That's a terrible thing to say to someone! But when you get a PM, the username of the person who sent it should be clearly visible, so it should be obvious who sent it to you. That sort of stuff really is not on, so I would send Troy a PM to report this person.

I do say but I have had enough so many people say it try don't use any tact at all thy could say " how old is the little one" and go from there start a friendly conversation but no its " hey you? Is he vaccinated" I just find it so rude? That why I lost it was sick of being polite to thos rude people who really had not right to ask that?

If you have issues with people being rude, why do you think a very rude response is OK?

Sorry but I think you're over reacting. They are concerned about your puppy, even if you think they should mind their own business.

This :thumbsup:

Well said Poodlefan :clap:

:thumbsup:

yer but it was via my email not pm on here :( but that could make it only a few people as i have only given out my email to a few people

Totally unacceptable to send such a message - but sadly that seems to be the form for some forum members.

And once again, an inappropriate over reaction to a situation. Two 'wrongs' don't make a right.

There's a link on your profile for people to send you an email Atanquin - could they have sent it that way?

ETA: if they did, Troy will have a record, it says

IMPORTANT: To prevent malicious use, all emails sent via this form are logged and the contents recorded and available to the administrators. DO NOT email user names, passwords or any personal details.
Edited by amypie

yer but it was via my email not pm on here :( but that could make it only a few people as i have only given out my email to a few people

Then surely you would know who it is as their email address would be visible???

I do get tired of comments from people but would never react in such a manner as you did.

Continuous comments I get,

* 4 dogs you must be a breeder. :confused:

* gee you have your hand full..... This one is my pet hate. :mad

* wow they must cost you a fortune to feed. :laugh:

* it must be hard finding the time to care for all those dogs. :eek: Never!

* Gee I would hate to have your vet bill. :D

* various nasty crossbreed comments. :( very used to that!!

:laugh: I know how you feel tlc. I get the "Who's walking who, hahaha" comment most days. Drives me nutty!

OP, so you were rude, you cracked and you aren't proud of it. It happens. Learn from it and move on. Next time you will deal with the situation better.:)

Edited by SecretKei

I was referring to the PM I had tell me to give my dog to a rescue group that's why I post that last comment about being worse than me! Really was that needed. I had already had 4 people stop and ask if he was vacc but I had caught someone trying to ride my horse in his paddock that rent I think that's what started it they where riding him with out a helmet I ran over but they ran off and then I had to deal with the police ( I rang them as I was concerned ) I should have gone home but I thought a walk would do me good then when that lady ran over to me like there was an emergency of something terrible had happened and only to ask then u lost it to much in one day

Sounds like a very stressful day! Put it down to experience and enjoy your gorgeous pup :)

I often hear the owner of nearby little dog telling the dog in a voice loud enough for me to hear that their dog had better watch out because my dog might eat it, because my dogs eats dogs like their dog for breakfast.

This infuriates me, and on 2 occasions I stopped the person and calmly and politely explained to them why I find it an offensive thing to say and that my dog does not eat dogs. They apologised, said they did not realise how it was perceived, but now do. I accepted their apology and on both occasions we ended up having a friendly chat afterwards.

Easy fixed.

Sometimes it is easy to let our emotions get the better of us, but we should always try our best to be as diplomatic as possible as we are advocates of our breeds and dogs in general.

Edited by dyzney