'search & Destroy Mission'

Rottshowgirl

sumosmum you did a fantastic job! You came across as a responsible, caring and concerned dog owner, and in no way the 'dog fanatic' that some people might think would be the only ones worried about this legislation. LDH on the other hand makes my skin crawl, that man is evil, pure and simple.

That poor white dog looked utterly terrified. Be at peace, little one.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

sumosmum you did a fantastic job! You came across as a responsible, caring and concerned dog owner, and in no way the 'dog fanatic' that some people might think would be the only ones worried about this legislation. LDH on the other hand makes my skin crawl, that man is evil, pure and simple.

Yes Sheridan, I felt so sorry for the white dog with the eye patches. Very very sad. :cry:

Yes Sheridan, I felt so sorry for the white dog with the eye patches. Very very sad. :cry:

It breaks my heart for every dog that walks through that cemetery

If anyone wants to accumulate pictures to show how stupid the standard is, this dog is a pit bull x basset who is in our local (California) shelter.

post-8994-0-36940300-1314972447_thumb.jpg

Johnny is a 6-year-old Basset Hound/Pit Bull Mix looking for a new home due to a divorce. He's a very good dog and gets aling great with kids and other dogs. He's totally potty trained and has a great temperament. One front leg has a slight deformity, but that doesn't slow him down. Like a true hound, Johnny can be vocal, so may not be the best match for an apartment-dweller. He's currently in boarding in the Santa Cruz area, and would love to meet you. Johnny is not an AFRP dog. For more information please email Don at [email protected]

If anyone wants to accumulate pictures to show how stupid the standard is, this dog is a pit bull x basset who is in our local (California) shelter.

post-8994-0-36940300-1314972447_thumb.jpg

Johnny is a 6-year-old Basset Hound/Pit Bull Mix looking for a new home due to a divorce. He's a very good dog and gets aling great with kids and other dogs. He's totally potty trained and has a great temperament. One front leg has a slight deformity, but that doesn't slow him down. Like a true hound, Johnny can be vocal, so may not be the best match for an apartment-dweller. He's currently in boarding in the Santa Cruz area, and would love to meet you. Johnny is not an AFRP dog. For more information please email Don at [email protected]

Perfect example thanks Sandgrubber. Doesn't that just show how useless BSL is. It is useless in being wrong, but also being inaccurate even if it was the fault of the breed. Such a good expample.I hope he gets a great home with great owners who love him for being him. :)

I was frustrated with this part of the segment. Many dogs are terrified upon entry to a pound or shelter. Different smells, sound, vibe etc. Often it can take them a day or so to settle, a small number shut down completely :( and can be difficult to assess/work with. This can happen with any breed though, including SWF's

What they didnt show was the happy, well adjusted staffy mixes who happily sit at the front of their pen with a smile and bum wiggle for every passer by.

Introducing two stressed dogs through the fence like that is just stupid, an expected response from the dogs under the circumstances. Camera/sound men just adds to the stress, obviously done for show.

You did an awesome job Sumosmum! congatulations and thank you :thumbsup: Monty is gorgeous!

sumosmum, that piece was brilliant. Don't underestimate the power of the visuals that go along with the message - nice suburban house, you look clean and tidy and like ordinary Joe, Monty's a BABE (and major kudos to your highly obedient dog!!). Sitting before crossing the road? Fantastic.

As for the esteemed Mr Smith: anyone sufficiently vain to sport the affectation of a bow tie in daily life...

You were better than wonderful . :worship::worship::worship:

You've managed to come across in a way that many have failed to do in the past. Like others have said , you look like a caring and responsible dog owner, nice house, well cared for and obedient dogs and I think you will have caught and held the attention of many dog owners.

Well done

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Well done SM you did a fantastic job. Your dogs are lovely.

LDH Needs to either close down or get someone to run the place that actually knows what they are doing. The guy is a moron and whats with the bow tie :rofl:

Thank you for the kind words. Monty is a good boy. He has never done obedience and neither have I, but he does what I ask him most of the time. He is a great dog, and I didn't get him until he was a mature boy. I think the other sad thing out of all of this is all the dogs that may have previously been adopted, by people who want a rescue dog, will now be shying away from any bull breeds.

I had this conversation with the reporter. I probably won't get another rescue bully breed as long as this rubbish is in the laws. Not that I would be looking at the moment, I have enough dogs to look after. I have no problem with getting a registered purebred SBT, and I love them all, but the poor old rescues are going to cop a hiding out of this.I have had a mixture of purebreed and rescue dogs all of my life. I just like dogs........full stop. I believe a lot of the rescues here are getting a lot of phone calls from owners who have adopted from them, with concerns over these laws, and what it will mean to their pets. This whole thing is madness, and I can truly say, I am ashamed and disgusted with this state at the moment.

edited because I am still half asleep

Edited by sumosmum

PF - this is the same person who says they want to own a human aggressive dog. For protecting his/her yard. Got a few applauses too?

No doubt. There is a place in this world IMO for dogs prepared to do harm to humans who simply trespass. IMO Australia is not one of those places and a dog with the temperament of the Fila needs to be carefully placed in the right homes anywhere.

A correctly temperamented Fila will do more than just guard.. so when little Timmy comes uninvited over the fence looking for his tennis ball, he won't be leaving in one piece. I'd say he wont' be leaving anyway but in a coffin. Anyone who could casually say that they wish to own such a dog in an urban setting in this country needs their head read.

Place that argument in a place like Johannesburg and its a whole new ball game.

What ever "poodle fan".

I live in one of the roughest neighborhoods in Australia, we had over 5 murders in this suburb last year and many, many other bashings, sexual assaults and attacks. Just cause you live in posh poodle ville doesn't give you a right to judge. I've only been here a year and I have already had my place broken into and my possession stolen, including my former dog (which was a labradore).

You can really go stuff your opinions. Little Timmy isn't going to be coming over my 3 metre high fence, I don't have any kids as neighbors and all the neighbors are long term.

Its none of your bloody business why I want a specific dog or not, and I have every right to have a guard dog that is capable of taking down an intruder for my protection (well I should have that right, if Australia wasn't such a gutless cotton wool nanny state). I have a right to protect myself whatever you may think. You may like dogs that are "like little poodles" but I like real dogs with assertive temperaments that are capable of protecting me. BTW You would make a great leader for this nanny state, seeing as you like to judge other peoples business.

I am a responsible owner, entirely capable of managing my dog and restricting my dog to my property. You are a clown who likes to think people are too irresponsible to handle things and everything should be banned.

Oh and "poodlefan", there are many non-banned breeds which are quite capable of mauling to death little Timmy, I have met great danes and other dogs that would maul little Timmy if he jumped the back fence, its not the breed, its how the dog is trained and socialized, its hypocritical and deluded reasoning that thinks some breeds are "bad". There is no such thing as an evil or bad breed of dog.

Screw the government banning everything (especially dogs), because of the extremely small minority of dog attacks by irresponsible dog owners (you know instead of actually holding those owners heavily responsible). Ban cars, ban back yard pools, ban swimming, ban sports, lets all wrap the whole of society in cotton wool and take away all of our liberties, otherwise poodlefan might have nightmares about the bad things that could happen. OH WON'T SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!

What a discusting post. You are obviously a very angry, nasty person. Glad I dont live near you! I think you are full of it as well.

Agreed, NicB.

You sound like the type of person these breeds really don't need.

On a forum people can say they have 3 meter fences and are the the pinnicle of responsible dog ownership but sometimes the main assertions belie the subtext.

CyberG,

Living in such a dangerous area I don't blame you for what you want in a dog. Truth be known and if people were honest like you...they too would hope their dog/s would protect them and their property if the case ever arose. I know I would !!! You have every right to your opinion as everyone else does. Its just a pity some on here have forgotten this and expect everyone to parrot them in their sanctimonious pious beliefs. So take no notice of them.

:confused:

The OP has stated (amongst other things) that his dog was stolen from his own yard. Personally I wouldn’t give ANYONE the opportunity to steal or play havoc with my dogs, nor ask them to be the "be all and end all" in protecting my yard or home.

My own dogs are all kept responsibly inside the house when I am not home, and for GOOD reason.

He now want's a Restricted breed to solve his problems? Who is to say that dog won’t also be stolen and also fall into the wrong hands?

And why on earth would you expect your dog to address/tackle every issue in your own neighbourhood?

ETA

Edited by Nic.B

I do have to say that a non restricted breed will guard a property just as well as any restricted breed we had a gsd in England to protect our property and us!!! But he was able to be taken of the property to be walked without attacking anyone at all or any other dog only time he went for someone was when I was alone and it was a shady man that walked over to me luckily I had him with me and got another lady's attention who came over to see if I was okay but he was a smart dog!! M current dog would let anyone in the gate and try to lick them to death lol but my point is many breeds out there that will protect you and your property with out be over aggressive and a danger when of your property and a joy to own fila's are a very protective dog very very loyal to there owner but Australia is not bad enough to need such a breed of dog trust me some that has live in lots of places and different countries

You were better than wonderful . :worship::worship::worship:

You've managed to come across in a way that many have failed to do in the past. Like others have said , you look like a caring and responsible dog owner, nice house, well cared for and obedient dogs and I think you will have caught and held the attention of many dog owners.

Well done

Ditto!