Urgent Snake Id Please

Sandra777

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How far away is the vet? If I were you I'd bag the snake up and take it back in. Failing that you're best bet would be to ask on venomdoc, I would think.

http://www.venomdoc.com/venomdoc/Contact.html

I'm not sure how long it takes for new members on his forum to receive approval so try his email.

Goodluck with your dog.

eta a member on here is 'snakecatcher'. Maybe send him/her a pm.

Edited by raz

Hard to tell. We were talking to a snake man at the local ag show and he showed us a bag full of snakes he said pick the brown easy i thought the brown one there were all colours from cream to stripy to almost black with a white belly. He told us they were all cariations in colour of brown snakes the only way you could tell was counting the scales i think he said on the top of the head. well i aint getting that close to one. He was really just doing a demonstration to show how hard it is to id a snake.

I hope your dog is ok i am petrified one of my kids or dogs will get bitten.

What's left has been ID as a brown so I've removed the pictures as I don't want to upset anyone.

It's China AGAIN! She must have been bitten sometime yesterday, was as right as rain last night at 10.15, not so good this morning at 6.30 and at the vet by 7. She's OK for now, but two in 7 months is beyond a joke :(

I cant see the pics Sandra, please email them to me.

where abouts are you in Queensland,?

Rough scaled snakes and even harmless keelbacks

can look similar to tigersnakes and may be more common in your area.

If i could see the pics it would make it easier.

Edited by snake catcher

I cant see the pics Sandra, please email them to me.

Sandra removed them so you might need to pm her your email addy to view them, SC. eta scratch that - she can probably contact you through the linky in your sig.

Sandra, what was China doing this morning that alerted you to the fact she might have been envenomated?

Edited by raz

What's left has been ID as a brown so I've removed the pictures as I don't want to upset anyone.

It's China AGAIN! She must have been bitten sometime yesterday, was as right as rain last night at 10.15, not so good this morning at 6.30 and at the vet by 7. She's OK for now, but two in 7 months is beyond a joke :(

Your right that's beyond a joke.

I am like you...live in area where snakes are....I am ever vigilant even in winter.

Sending you and China all the best.

what was China doing this morning that alerted you to the fact she might have been envenomated?

Difficulty walking, twitching muscles, very bulgy eyes, acting as if she was partially blind. Within 1/2 an hour the twitching muscles had advanced to almost fit like movements. I also noticed she was distinctly hot around the skull, neck, shoulders and withers but cold over the rest of her body

Finding the remains behind the kennels was another clue :(

Still waiting to hear from the vet

Edited by Sandra777

Oh no, hope China is okay, And yep Snake Catcher on here will be very helpful in cases of snake ID

What an awful feeling for you trying to figure out what was going on then the panic when you realised.

The very bes of luck and lots of healing vibes to China and Whippet hugs and kisses to you

Difficulty walking, twitching muscles, very bulgy eyes, acting as if she was partially blind. Within 1/2 an hour the twitching muscles had advanced to almost fit like movements. I also noticed she was distinctly hot around the skull, neck, shoulders and withers but cold over the rest of her body

Bloody hell the poor girl, and poor you.