My Friend Is Selling Her Husky :(

Aztec Gold

My friend bought a purebred husky pup from the mainland (we are in Tas), and is now selling him as she has another baby on the way and has another dog to look after aswell. Does anyone know if there are any husky rescue groups or anything in Tassie? Or anything I could suggest to make her change her mind? I know I should mind my own business, but she seemed so excited and happy when he came, and it seems a pity to sell him at such a young age (4 months).

Thank you :)

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First point of contact would be the breeder.

If not there is a facebook group called arctic breed rescue

I'll find you a link

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Arctic-Breed-Rescue/167749233284125

Might be worth a look into.

I think all husky owners go through a phase where they regret owning a husky. Hopefully she changes her mind :(

Edited by Esky the husky

Your post reminded me of an email sent to me :-

FREE TO A GOOD HOME: 2 young children Genuine reason, I've got a new puppy so no longer have the time for the child. worried that the child may bite puppy. Child is currently kept in a crate. Needs home by tomorrow or will be put to sleep.. YOU WOULDN'T DO THIS TO A CHILD SO WHY DO YOU SEE IT AS ACCEPTABLE TO DO IT TO A DOG OR CAT? If you can't dedicate a lifetime to a dog/cat, don't get one.This could be as much as 20yrs!

My 20yr old son was worried when I posted this on facebook - he thought I was talking about him :laugh:

On a serious note I hope your friend contacts the breeder

gsdog2, I've seen that posted on facebook, and even more ironically on her page LOL!! I guess she thinks she is doing the right thing for her family, given her situation, I have no idea. She has an alaskan malamute, he's a few years old I think, and she's keeping him which is great. Hmm.. I will look into that rescue. Do they help out with puppies for sale, or only free to good home ads?

gsdog2, I've seen that posted on facebook, and even more ironically on her page LOL!! I guess she thinks she is doing the right thing for her family, given her situation, I have no idea. She has an alaskan malamute, he's a few years old I think, and she's keeping him which is great. Hmm.. I will look into that rescue. Do they help out with puppies for sale, or only free to good home ads?

I think it's more of a rescues from pounds thing, but they might be able to point her in the right direction.

Having said that is I was the breeder I would want to know, I'd be offering them support or if not taking the puppy back.

I think it's more of a rescues from pounds thing, but they might be able to point her in the right direction.

Having said that is I was the breeder I would want to know, I'd be offering them support or if not taking the puppy back.

When we bought our Goldie we signed an agreement saying if at any stage we decided we didn't want to keep him he was to go back to the breeder.

I'm 90% sure he is from a registered breeder. I think someone in NSW. She was originally after a grey one with blue eyes, but I think the pup she got is more reddish. I know she was looking for one for a few months before she found one, and paid a pretty penny for him. She's selling him for less than half of what she paid. I just hope he goes to a good home!!

Maybe let her know that many breeders will pay to fly a dog home to them. I would. But I wouldn't pay an asking price. That seems a bit rude TBH.

That's what I was thinking. Most of the decent breeders I know have paid for the flight and purchase price just to get the pup back and in a more suitable home.

I'm 90% sure he is from a registered breeder. I think someone in NSW. She was originally after a grey one with blue eyes, but I think the pup she got is more reddish. I know she was looking for one for a few months before she found one, and paid a pretty penny for him. She's selling him for less than half of what she paid. I just hope he goes to a good home!!

If this was a pup from my kennel, I'd be very annoyed if not told her intentions. Whether or not the breeder takes the pup back from her or tries to help find a new home, they should definately be her first point of contact.

The whole excuse of not keeping this pup because she is having a baby infuriates me :mad

The breeder may have a waiting list for their puppies. They potentially have the perfect home for this pup.

If your friend really cares about the future of this pup then contacting his breeder is the right thing to do. Much more chance of successful re-homing than selling it to a stranger.

She said she hasn't because she doesn't want to have to go through all the flight stuff again..

Unbelievable. She didnt mind going through all the 'flight stuff' to get him but now that she wants to offload him, a puppy, she's just taking whatever easy option available? The mind boggles. First stop as the others have said is to tell her to ring the breeder anyway. There might be someone on the waiting list down that way.