Lure Coursing In Adelaide - For Non-greyhounds

jacqui835

Hi guys see if this works for some pictures

Great pics. Thanks Rob :thumbsup: Love the pics of Earl :rofl: Pele slept most of the day on the couch. Had to wake her to go to the park :laugh:

Jealous :( Sammy is restless now and making a nuisance of himself as we try to make dinner - Dan reckons we should have let him run another lap lol

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey! why dont you mention the date of your next event in the photography section and offer the day as a photographic opportunity to budding photographers. I did that and Clicking Mad and Evolving have both come twice to our days, which tells me they enjoyed themselves enough to come back a second time. They both took some fabulous photos and were kind enough to post them on our photobucket racing site. It's an amazing opportunity that not many photographers can get.

Hey! why dont you mention the date of your next event in the photography section and offer the day as a photographic opportunity to budding photographers. I did that and Clicking Mad and Evolving have both come twice to our days, which tells me they enjoyed themselves enough to come back a second time. They both took some fabulous photos and were kind enough to post them on our photobucket racing site. It's an amazing opportunity that not many photographers can get.

Will do :) The greyhound people also loved having some people there to watch the dogs, we were asked during the training to come and watch them race.

Great shots. :D

Nice to see them from the front.

No shots of the wild wooly one then ? :laugh:

I have to apologise, Dan was standing at the end so could only catch the ones who came close. Esky was a free spirited animal - she had other ideas :laugh:

:rofl: :rofl:

By the way Kirislin, what are your secret tips for getting those wonderful coursing photos you take? so we know for the next outing here :D

I usually lay on the ground, be prepared to get trampled :laugh: have a really fast shutter speed, at least 1/2000th but I've gone as fast as 1/5000th! To get such fast speeds you need to let lots of light into your camera, which will mean having the aperture pretty wide open and possibly a high ISO depending on your camera and lens. I hope that makes sense.

I wish you weren't so far away, I love taking pics of running dogs.

Hmmm great tips, thanks :D not sure about the getting trampled bit, especially by a thundering herd of Salukis :laugh:

You could do a road trip Kirislin, and come photograph all the South Aussie coursers?? :D

They need the track for the next two weekends for the greyhounds, so I plan to go not next weekend, not the weekend after that but the weekend after that (in 3 weekends lol). Next time I'll get Dan to stand in the middle of the track so we can see them coming, passing and going.

The Pharaoh Hound looks amazing - we have high expectations now! (jokes)

I'll let Asha know now, she needs a few weeks to get her groove on :rofl:

They need the track for the next two weekends for the greyhounds, so I plan to go not next weekend, not the weekend after that but the weekend after that (in 3 weekends lol). Next time I'll get Dan to stand in the middle of the track so we can see them coming, passing and going.

The Pharaoh Hound looks amazing - we have high expectations now! (jokes)

Drat - I will be away for that one :( But count us in for the one after that :thumbsup:

We've got obedience trials and shows most weekends in October :( Hopefully the one after that too. Can't wait to go again :D

I have a photographer friend who may be interested... I'll ask.

The weather might well put us out of commission after the 16th of October. Trevor was fairly definite not to run our dogs once it gets too hot and even suggested an 8am start for next time. Still, see what happens... Dunno what sort of summer we're in for this year!

If anyone hasn't seen them yet, there's pix on Facebook at here

You know how they say dogs sometimes look like their owners? Well, does Rosie BELONG to Earl???

bahahahahaha

:laugh::rofl::laugh::rofl::laugh:

They're both quite gorgeous and I will bring my biatch Kelpie next time too!! :)

I am pretty sure Rosie thinks Earl belongs to her - she has him totally bitch - slapped :laugh:

Your dogs are so elegant - made mine look like peasants :rofl:

Oh - and Teebs - must have been something in the air today - even the Bloodhound hovered :eek:

post-25263-0-68026700-1316951419_thumb.jpg

Edited by KelpieHoundMum

Great photos guys. I'm ever so slightly jealous... :D What an awesome time you must've all had! Well done on getting it organised. :thumbsup:

Esky if you really need a sighthound you know how gorgeous Borzoi are... 'specially puppies... :provoke::laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Not me that needs convincing :p. Old grinchy pants here ( my OH not Esky ) would make this exact face :mad

I don't see how he could resist an Argus face

Thanks... but I quite adored your Bloodhound and think the name Earl just suits him to a tee!! :thumbsup:

I love Kelpies too - they are intelligent in a vastly different way to the hounds.

Sonia

Too clever for their own good sometimes :) I must admit I find Rosie an easier type of dog than Earl - she is so up front with everything whereas he is harder to read - although that might also be because no matter what he always looks depressed ;)

We thought a Bloodhound needed a bluesy type of name - his full name is "Centitout My Name is Earl" - and you're right - it really does suit him :)

Thanks... but I quite adored your Bloodhound and think the name Earl just suits him to a tee!! :thumbsup:

I love Kelpies too - they are intelligent in a vastly different way to the hounds.

Sonia

I love Earl and all that loose skin :laugh: He did very well today and put those Salukis to shame :rofl: