Lure Coursing In Adelaide - For Non-greyhounds

jacqui835

I am so jealous.

Frosty was a bit exhausted this morning. I could not persuade her to come to the beach. We had a really big day yesterday, but no more so than Pele the BT. So not much of an excuse.

Maybe the next one if it doesn't clash with the club obedience comp.

I was humming and ha-ing this morning about going. Had to wake Pele up - she doesn't do mornings :laugh: So glad we did, it was great :thumbsup: Frosty will love it :D Pele only did the half course, about 150 metres :)

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I wish I had seen this thread yesterday :(

I have a Poodle who would have loved this. I also have Greyhound - retired racer who is 9 1/2 - wonder if he would have been up for a run??!!!

Please let us know details of the next run- we would love to come along. How many runs did everyone do?

Trish :)

Aargh, how did I not see this thread :banghead: Yogi would have loved to have gone lure coursing.

Earl and Rosie look like naturals, Rosie was channeling Yogi by the look of the photos. Pele is the most versatile girl I know, she pops up everywhere doing everything, last time I saw her she was about to go in the ring for Neuter in show :thumbsup:

Count me in for the next big lure gathering.

Aargh, how did I not see this thread :banghead: Yogi would have loved to have gone lure coursing.

Earl and Rosie look like naturals, Rosie was channeling Yogi by the look of the photos. Pele is the most versatile girl I know, she pops up everywhere doing everything, last time I saw her she was about to go in the ring for Neuter in show :thumbsup:

Count me in for the next big lure gathering.

Yogi would have loved it :D You've got to come next time.

Pele is a girl of many talents besides supervising the BBQ at DOL meets :laugh: Saturday was a mock agility trial, next weekend an obedience trial, she also does tracking as well as being a show girl. Now she's a racing dog :laugh:

I have a Poodle who would have loved this. I also have Greyhound - retired racer who is 9 1/2 - wonder if he would have been up for a run??!!!

Please let us know details of the next run- we would love to come along. How many runs did everyone do?

Not to worry - there's always next time... and the time after that... and then once more!! :) I think we all agreed we'd be back.

Most dogs did either 1 or 2 runs. I think Sammy did an extra, and may have needed 5 or 10 more!! :laugh:

Some of us started at 150m for the first run - a warm up... but those rotten Salukis just turned around at the end and coming romping back to mum!! ;) In fact most dogs seemed to have a decent recall... :thumbsup:

Sonia

Not to worry - there's always next time... and the time after that... and then once more!! :) I think we all agreed we'd be back.

Most dogs did either 1 or 2 runs. I think Sammy did an extra, and may have needed 5 or 10 more!! :laugh:

Some of us started at 150m for the first run - a warm up... but those rotten Salukis just turned around at the end and coming romping back to mum!! ;) In fact most dogs seemed to have a decent recall... :thumbsup:

Sonia

My money's on Sammy at Angle Park :rofl:

Sonia

My money's on Sammy at Angle Park :rofl:

Sammy is a great adverstisement for anyone who thinks they can handle a dog from working lines... We love his energy - keeps us motivated when we go mountain climbing etc but the truth is he needs 1+ hours exercise a day, and literally one whole day of each weekend (preferably both though) just spent doing exercise - and if you think he crashes after that, you're wrong.

I will definitely be taking him again. The petshop we go to decided Sammy was too skinny, so he just been switched onto a performance/working food - so who knows how many laps he will need next time...

Trevor said the next time the track is available is the 16/10, so I will be heading up then and will grab numbers of everyone who wants to come too a bit closer to the event.

for all of you who are disappointed that you missed out, perhaps you could start a mailing list, either on DOL as a bulk PM or maybe facebook or an email address so interested people can be advised.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I saw this topic and just had to join. Have been looking to get out German Shepherd into some different dog sports in an attempt to wear him out. This sounds perfect!

Is the 16th definitely on? How much per run is it?

Cheers

Thought I would share this with those who are looking to have a go at lure coursing.

Sunday 30th October 2011

Virginia Lure Race Track

Park Road, Virginia

Registration starts at 10:00 Racing at 11:00

Enquiries Ph: Kerry 8284 9470 or Jayne on 8524 3746

~ All breeds are most welcome

~ BBQ lunch And Drinks available

And if you have shade for you and your dogs please bring

$2.00 per dog – ($1 for second run if time allows)

Prizes for fastest dog and bitch in each age group

Trophy for the Fastest Stafford (Photo Taken with Trophy)

Prize for fastest none Stafford

Age Groups

Puppy, 6 - 12 months Dog & Bitch

Junior, 12 - 24 months Dog & Bitch

2 - 6 year old Dog & Bitch

6 - 10 years Dog & Bitch

10 and over Dog & Bitch

Note: Dogs must be kept on leashes and under effective control - At all times.

Water and cooling off facilities provided

In fairness to all Competitors and Lure Club Users,

bitches in season are not to be brought onto the grounds.

The committee of the Staffordshire Bull Terrier Club of South Australia Inc

Will not be held responsible for any injury to any dog, owner or spectator,

or the loss or damage to property, whatsoever.

HOT Weather Warning ~Night Before

Channel 9 Nightly News—6pm

If Day is advertised as 30° or Over

Fun Day will be CANCELLED

Leanne

We'll be there with a saluki and pharaoh on the 16th. Is it an 8am start? Both of ours can occasionally be dog reactive if another dog gets in their faces....so we'll be the ones hanging in the back row LOL

We'll be there with a saluki and pharaoh on the 16th. Is it an 8am start? Both of ours can occasionally be dog reactive if another dog gets in their faces....so we'll be the ones hanging in the back row LOL

Yep, 8am. And we'll be hanging at the back with you guys!! :)

:D