Girls Versus Boys

KOE

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had 2 boys (GSD and BSDx)and 1 girl (BC) so far, and also spent some time living with my brothers female malamute and mum's 2 male corgi's all desexed. Also 1 male BC puppy arriving here very soon!

I generally perfer boys although would get either again, they are more easy going and forgiving if I mess up in training and very loveable, they are my boys! 1 is very cuddly when I want but not needy the other doesn't like pats at all but maybe due to his upbringing. Only 1 of them really marks much and rarely on themselves.

My girl, is very sweet and cuddly but very very needy, not bitchy at all ever but takes life way more seriously than my boys, shes not forgiving at all in training if I mess up either. She also manages to always get pee on at least 1 foot everytime she goes, bleh! but I love her dearly and if I'm allowed to have a favorite dog, she is it. :o

I think for the different breeds I like I would have different gender peferences, and each has their own good points. Gotta love dogs :)

I've only ever had girls and my two are very affectionate! Especially Eva, the older one. Every night before bed she has to have a cuddle and will then go to sleep with her head on my arm, nestled up to me.... I find them both very loving.

Having said that I would like to get a boy one day.

I have just been thinking back on all my pets but dont have much to judge by. The only girls we have had are Kaos, Suzie our boxer who was PTS when i was 8 and Spook mums dog who i dont have much to do with.

The boys are all 100% more cuddly than the girls, but no idea if that is just because we have had more boys? At has to sleep touching me, where Kaos only sleeps on the bed if it is cold and she wants to warm up.

Might have to get some more girls so i can study this a bit better :D

My girls are smoochy and cuddly with me, my boys like to share the love. Dusty would be happy to crawl inside my skin and live as close to me as she can get, and Shae likes my lap. Neither of them barrel up to strangers for pats or cuddles, they are both reserved and quite stand-offish if they don't know the person.

The boys aren't quite so picky, they'll bowl anyone over for a pat. I love that my girls choose me over and above anyone else.

I prefer girls. Mostly because I have found them to be a bit more attentive to me and not always looking around for fun and entertainment. Plus the Pee factor, less inclined to want to mark.

That said.

I've also had very attentive boy dogs, who were very chilled out lads and didn't give a hoot about other boy dogs or girl dogs.

And

I've had girl dogs (DORY!!!), who want to pee on everything. Thankfully she does not try this inside, but sometimes taking her for a walk can be a start/stop affair.

But I also like the fact that you can give girl dogs tummy rubs without having to worry about wet willies.

Much prefer girls, it's all I've ever known! My girls are affectionate, smart and loyal. Both are desexed.

I am however looking forward to owning a male for my next dog, though, just for something different!

As someone said earlier though, my gender preferences revolve a lot around their breed, too! Some breeds I would prefer one gender over the other, while other breeds it wouldn't matter so much. Has nothing to do with their temperaments, just my shallow preference where I can't put a finger on exactly why I feel that way!

I can't really say for sure what my preference is, because I only ever had females growing up and my current two are girls. I do know that the only male dogs I have had a lot to do with are very smoochy (especially my grandmother's whippet.)

I would tend to go with a mix of genders now, depending on the breed and personality of my dogs. I'm leaning towards a male for my next dog, but I'll take the right dog for me and my existing dogs at the time over a specific gender. It has made me think of gender differences in a couple of breeds I'm interested in. I'll have to go ask in the breed threads.

I've had two males and two females.

The females are strong and confident where as the males are/were sooky, innocent natured and easily distracted. The males have always bonded with my husband more than I and the females more with I than him.

I prefer females, even if they are more independent as I prefer a dog I can respect :laugh:

Here we have 1 male golden retriever,1 male chihuahua,1 female golden retriever and 1 female whippet. Rascal and Buddy like to mark on everything including peeing over top of Shelley and Missy's pee. I find my males good but they didn't learn as quick as shelley, Missy is only 12 weeks old so is still in training. Buddy the male golden has a stubborn strick in him and if he doesn't want to do something he acts like he is deaf. Shelley is great altho it took me a while to bond with her, But now Shelley and I have a real strong bond. She is very affectionant more so then my males. Missy I've only had for 4 days and she seems very sooky too altho has a stubborn strick in her.

Ren is my first boy and while I love girls and their independence, I'm quite bowled over by his loyalty to me.

I have a complex relationship with Bronte, very situational and environmental and it was similar with my other bitch. With Ren its real simple, what's black is black and what's white is white.

Most of all I love the fact that wherever I am in the house, Ren is no more than a few metres away - velcro dog!