So What Kind Of Dog Do You Have?

wantsapuppy

Currently: Pyrenean Mountain Dog, Greyhound, Leonberger

In the past: 9 border collies ( 1x cross 8 x pure), Australian Silky Terrier, 2 Irish Red & White Setters, Pyrenean Mountain Dog, Alaskan Malamute

Coming soon: Another Pyrenean Mountain Dog

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow some of you have heaps of dogs!!

I have 2 x koolies :thumbsup: wouldnt be without them now, Razzle (my :heart: dog) is 3 yrs and Willow my baby girl is nearly 9 months

can i ask if you all train your dogs? how often and how much time does each get? (feel free to answer or not, just a curiosity question)

Edited by dandybrush

We are getting an Akita bitch at the end of November....at the moment she's only 2 weeks old! Time is just not going fast enough! Plan on calling her Kiara:)

Yayy! Very good choice :D Who are you getting her from??

Thanks! I think it's a good choice too! Lol! We are getting Kiara from Ishin Akita down in Tassie...theyhave been excellent to deal with! Plan on flying her up here to the Gold Coast around the 26 Nov. I'm doing so much planning and prep for her arrival...my partner calls it "nesting" lol! Love the pic btw! Where did you get Kyojin?

Awesome! Ishin have lovely looking dogs. We got Kyojin from Darqhorse in Canberra. It was really exciting going to pick him up from the airport!

Darqhorse boy...Niiice! Are you planning on showing him? Yes it will be an awesome day when we pick her up from the airport...1 question..collar or harness to start off with...I'm so unsure..I'd prefer to use a harness but I've read that with Akitas this can encourage pulling...

We are getting an Akita bitch at the end of November....at the moment she's only 2 weeks old! Time is just not going fast enough! Plan on calling her Kiara:)

Yayy! Very good choice :D Who are you getting her from??

Thanks! I think it's a good choice too! Lol! We are getting Kiara from Ishin Akita down in Tassie...theyhave been excellent to deal with! Plan on flying her up here to the Gold Coast around the 26 Nov. I'm doing so much planning and prep for her arrival...my partner calls it "nesting" lol! Love the pic btw! Where did you get Kyojin?

Awesome! Ishin have lovely looking dogs. We got Kyojin from Darqhorse in Canberra. It was really exciting going to pick him up from the airport!

Darqhorse boy...Niiice! Are you planning on showing him? Yes it will be an awesome day when we pick her up from the airport...1 question..collar or harness to start off with...I'm so unsure..I'd prefer to use a harness but I've read that with Akitas this can encourage pulling...

Nup, Kyojin can't be shown as he only had one descended testicle. So that ruled him out immediately! Is yours going to be shown? I started Kyojin off with a collar and I would probably do this again with our next Akita. We now walk him on a martingale collar which has just been the decision we ever made. He wasn't exactly a big puller most of the time, but if he did want to forge ahead it would really hurt as there's a LOT of strength behind him!! I did buy a harness for him too, mostly for the car but can also be used for walking, but I nearly really used it just because it's a bit more effort getting him into it.

4 shar pei of my own (2 boys & 2 girls) then the assorted rescues. Currently have 1 female and 2 male shar pei and a male pointer/amstaff cross.