Snake Chain

blitz3

lots of sheltie people use snake chains as they don't get caught in the fur.

Not sure what state you are in - Complete Canine in Adelaide always has them in stock. Maybe at your local dog show?

im in nz maybe complete canine have a webstie i'll go look

would you recommend 1 on a staffy if so wheres the best place to buy 1 and do they come in different strengths? thanks

yes.

Gold is the go.

Used with a thin black lead they are attractive & unobtrusive.

They don't inhibit the view of the neck & they don't get caught up in the fur.

10/10

& I have never have one tangle on me.

wouldnt use anything else for showing. ive shown a few breeds and have always used snake chains. Pair them up with the nice braided bling leads (glamour leads) or the ones with the little beads on and it looks really nice and showy.

anything nylon or fabric slip does not give good head control on breeds like staffys (jmo) unless your dog is really easy to show/behaved...and the normal link check chains look ugly in the ring unless its super fine. i like the proper staffy collars though too

i find the silver is nicer than gold only because after a while the gold fades and you end up with half gold/half silver..

if you have any type of check chain at home that fits your dog, you could use that as a guide to length of snake chain..

You probably wint find a thick snake chain, I have never seen heavy duty ones, most are fine.

Only you will be able to device the thickness required as you know your dog and it's behavior.

If you think your dig would snap a snake chain or even a regular chain then your best bet is to show on a collar and lead.