Long Rant About A Scary Guy At An On Leash Oval

lovemesideways

Guest donatella

He could be a repeat offender and known to the council/police, definitely worth a report IF anything happens in the future.

They are so precious as puppies. My work friends 9 week old GSD pup got killed about 6 weeks ago when the neighbours dog got under the fence and bite and shook the pup in front of the dogs owner, my work friend and her 2 year old son that were having a chat at the fence. one bite and shake was enough to kill him. pays to be as over protective as you need to be to prevent something as traumatic as this happening.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd definately report it. To both the rangers and the police, if only so that there is a record so that if he behaves like this again to you or anyone else, he will crop up as a repeat offender and something might be more likely to be done. Glad you and your pup are okay. What a scary incident for you!

Report him. Someone else may not cope like you did and their dog/puppy or they could end up hurt at least if the council know they can look out for him.

A similar thing happened to me when I was walking my dog in the street and I was threatened by the owner of a unleashed uncontrolled dog who ran accross the road to me and my girl. I have a fear of unknown and unleashed dogs from when a previous dog on lead was attacked and nearly killed when I was walking him. This man threatened me and said if I reported him he would come to my house and terrorise my dog and me and added more into it too. I didn't hesitate and rang the council there and then who thanked me for reporting him and said they would send a vehicle to look in that area and if I saw the dog in a yard they wanted me to let them know the address so they could have a chat with the owner. Haven't seen them since thankfully.

Glad you and Roscoe are okay.

Don't know where you are, but there is a leash length maximum here in Adelaide. I think it is no longer than a meter?

+1

1.2m is the leash length requirement in Prospect City Council area; not sure of anywhere else though.

editing to update: online Prospect City Council's requirement is max of 2m although a council pamphlet i had recently said 1.2m.

Edited by suziwong66

What a wanker!!! And what a great example he set to his son!!!! You handled the situation alot better than I would have :( I think it wouldve ended up turning into a screaming match, which unfortunately wouldnt have solved anything....But I am so over fidiots who are clearly in the wrong turning the situation around. Trying to make out you are the bad guy!

Please report the incident to your ranger - so they are aware of what goes on in dog parks!

can I be really cynical here and suggest that your little boy wouldn't stand a hope in... against a suggestion from this man that his human child was at risk...that's the way it is nowadays..dogs and owners' welfare doesn't matter much. Sorry to cut across current sentiment..but I think you'd be better off staying out of his way..that sort of chap is trouble and devious with it..you wouldn't win.

As for the length of the leash - honestly I doubt this guy would have a clue about the legal length allowed (since he doesn't seem to own one :laugh:) so I wouldn't get too worried about that, Roscoe was on a leash, if the actual length of it wasn't quite right then that's a different story.

^^ This and he needs to be reported. At the very least you will have a record. Make sure if you go there again you take your phone with the number of the police and your local rangers on speed dial.

He was intimidating you and also using his dog to threaten you. That is against the law and should never be accepted.

Glad Rosco is ok and hope you are ok too. What a jerk.

can I be really cynical here and suggest that your little boy wouldn't stand a hope in... against a suggestion from this man that his human child was at risk...that's the way it is nowadays..dogs and owners' welfare doesn't matter much. Sorry to cut across current sentiment..but I think you'd be better off staying out of his way..that sort of chap is trouble and devious with it..you wouldn't win.

I dont agree. The child was not harmed and they would have to show a bite. The child was not rushed, the dog was on lead and is owned by a responsible owner.

I do think you need to report this to both the police and your local rangers so that you have a record early.

I dont agree. The child was not harmed and they would have to show a bite. The child was not rushed, the dog was on lead and is owned by a responsible owner.

I do think you need to report this to both the police and your local rangers so that you have a record early.

We both know that, but would the Council/police/rangers? I did tell you I was being cynical..of course I would love to see this idiot get his dues, but how often nowadays do the good guys win?

Agree with all the above please report it to both the Rangers and the Police.

For your safety, your dogs and the safety of others who could possibly encounter him and his dog.

No one has the right to treat you like this and as others have pointed out it is against the law.

I can't help you with leash laws, I think it is pretty dumb that in a large field you can't have your dogs on a long line. Fair enough on the street etc..

We both know that, but would the Council/police/rangers? I did tell you I was being cynical..of course I would love to see this idiot get his dues, but how often nowadays do the good guys win?

It is unlikely anything will happen to him at this stage as she doesn't have his address or dogs rego number (if it is even regod), it will just go down as a complaint/record and if something happens in future she has an early record of incidence with this man and it is also there in case someone else has issues as well.

ETA Sorry for the double post

Edited by Keira&Phoenix

I believe so under the circumstances. This is why it needs to be reported asap to both police and rangers :)

No use worrying about what this jerk may or may not do. The OP needs to report the incident to look after herself and her puppy.

I think if he was at that park, he must live relatively close by. If you give the rangers / police a description of the man and dog, they hopefully might be able to pick him up - one would assume if he has a boxerX he'd be exercising it a lot.