First Photos With The New Camera

whiskedaway

Officially I'm not allowed to have my new camera until my birthday (just under a month away) however I was able to take it out of the box for a little play this afternoon and here are the first photos. I haven't edited them at all other than resizing them. I think I'm in love! :laugh:

Akira-3.jpg

Halo1-1.jpg

Halo2-2.jpg

I have a long way to go (there's a fair few blurry photos that I didn't focus properly!) but I'm happy with how these have turned out.

Tip, not criticism.

You have chopped the ears off.

Done on purpose for the first and third shots. I was after more of an ECU rather than a normal closeup. Probably not quite an ECU, I was wanting between a choker shot and a closeup I suppose. The middle shot was badly framed, I wanted Halo's eyes on the top third, but they're just above. Plus I focused on her foot rather than her eyes, so it wasn't a great shot anyway.

Thanks for the comments guys, yes the wait is going to be horrible now that I've been able to take a few shots!

You'll have lots of fun with that combo and yes it's too cruel making you wait so long, but think how excited you'll be on the morning of your birthday.

Oh yes I definitely will be! We're off to a show on my birthday, so I'll need to teach OH how to use it in the morning so that he might be able to get some ring shots (not sure how well he'll go with that lens though!)

Beautiful, especially the one of Akira. But she's such a gorgeous subject, there's no way she could look bad!

Awww thanks Minxy, I think the Kez is gorgeous too but I'm a little biased!

Thanks everyone. :D

Fab shots, how col is that 50mm lense, I love mine and use it most of the time, very versatile! I bought a new lense a while back cost me over $800 not hugely exxy for a lense but I got my 50mm around the same time and guess what I reckon the 50mm has been off the camera about 3 times. :laugh: