Tips On How To Remove Dog Hair From The Car

Huntia

Hi all,

I am looking for some tips, and hints that people use to remove dog hair from their cars. In particular the cargo area where the hair seems to really stick up the sides etc.

I would love to hear/read what everyone does. :D

My car came with a cover for the whole cargo area. Covers the bottom (floor) and also right up the back of the rear seats.

The sides are plastic, so I don't have any places for hair to get stuck.

Maybe you can get a mould of some sort made to fit your car?

Apart from that, a Dyson is your best friend!! :thumbsup:

Hi all,

I am looking for some tips, and hints that people use to remove dog hair from their cars. In particular the cargo area where the hair seems to really stick up the sides etc.

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) Buy a new car

DO NOT LET DOGS IN..

And it still fills up with hair :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

A guy who does very expensive details for car told me to use a fine hacksaw blade to run over the carpet. It will lift the pile and pull the hair to the top without damaging the carpet.

eta: I'm not sure it works when there is at least one whole dog in fur in the carpet cause he gave my car back and said it was too hard. :o

Edited by Ams

How about those rolls of sticky paper you can use on clothes? The $2 shops sometimes sell rolls of three pretty cheaply. You'll probably go through them quickly but I find them great for picking up hair off couches and clothes so they might work well in the car too?

A few different things I've read which are meant to work are a damp cloth which can make the hair clump up so you can grab the clumps. Velcro which can apparently help drag the hair into clumps but the favorite seems to be rubber gloves dragged over the hair as Katdog said.

Good luck! :D

Hi all,

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) Buy a new car

DO NOT LET DOGS IN

And it still fills up with hair :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:rofl::rofl:

I think it is time to buy a new car.....that is why I am thinking of ways to get the hair out!! :eek:

The car prior to the one I have now which is a Toyota corrolla station wagon, was a Honda CRV. It was wonderful in that it had the covers that go up the sides etc...unfortunately I couldn't get one for the Rolla :(

I have tried vaccuming with the nozzle off, and using a "magic sponge" that claimed it would remove hair from any surface....they lied. :mad

The next thing I am about to try is sticky tape rolled around my hand.

It is only the boot/cargo area that is a problem and the carpet on the floor is fine it is only the sides that are :eek:

Well being a young guy and everything, and having people constantly jump in the car and turn white in seconds( Samoyed hair really gets in there :p ) I tried every trick in the book to manage the hair. I failed miserably. Now i just have to vaccuum it whenever he was in it, and hope the rest get stuck to peoples clothes and they can carry them out of the car hahah

Edited by Bobby_The_Samoyed

Live with it!!! It is going to happen!!! The same as that stray dog hair on your jacket, the dog hair in your lunch and the one in the freshly painted door. I am sure your friends are doggy folks and will understand...

We have 2 cars one WAS the good car the other was the dog car.... Now we have 2 dog cars!!!!