World's Oldest Dog Dies At 26

Boronia

What a sweetie. RIP Pusuke

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-12-06/world27s-oldest-dog-dies-at-26/3715832

World's oldest dog dies at 26

The world's oldest living dog recognised by the Guinness Book of Records has died at its home in Japan.

Pusuke, a male cross breed, died at Sakura in Tochigi prefecture at the age of 26 years and nine months - equivalent to more than 125 in human years.

Owner Yumiko Shinohara says Pusuke had been showing a good appetite and kept up with his daily morning and evening strolls until Monday morning when he suddenly refused to eat and appeared to have difficulty breathing.

He died peacefully in the afternoon, about five minutes after Ms Shinohara returned home from running errands.

"I think (Pusuke) waited for me to come home,'' the 42-year-old housewife said, adding that she wanted to thank Pusuke for many good memories through the years.

Pusuke was certified for the Guinness title in December last year.

Kyodo

• 2 weeks later...

He was beautiful in that pic which was just from last year, I would have said he was 8 or 9 not 25 or 26! Incredible, and he obviously got given a lot of love, which I am sure he returned in spades.

Gorgeous!

I know! He looked so good, you can see he still had his canines last year!!!

What a lovely little fellow. I've got to wonder though if maybe he was 'Pusuke' the 2nd!!!???

But the Guiness people are very thorough. What a good life.

• 2 weeks later...